Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Roar
Re getting into Bordeaux city, it's not an issue - a friend is picking us up. I just need to get us down there.

You guys think a wheelchair assistant would wrangle my mother to terminal train. on train, off train, to gate, etc etc while I wrangle suitcases?
Going back through security again seems very un-fun. That said, being dog-tired at Montparnasse and getting to BOD late(r) seems un-fun, too.

What do you think you'd do?

(I will also keep monitoring the TGV to see if any availability pops up....)
I've only used assistants for flights that originated and ended at CDG, but from my limited experience, I'd expect our assistant to do all that, with a broad smile, while chatting amiably. We had terrific assistants there. I couldn't believe how fast they made the whole otherwise-grueling process.

The airport has a limited number of handicap assistants and they really don't want them tied up waiting in lines. So it's very much in management's interest to do whatever they can to cut every delay they can. On the other hand, I have no idea how a strike, IRROPS, or other factors might affect the process.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 9:12 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Updated after moved to the the correct thread!

I checked flights today and it looks like today based on CDG-EWR that UA flies out of CDG Terminal 2E. Based on other comments in this thread does UA really fly out ouf Terminal 1? It looks like the *A lounge is in Terminal 1. Does UA have buisness class lounge access somewhere for business class passengers?

NOTE: this is a "if things are open" question and NOT a Covid-19 question... thinking about a trip next spring and just wondering!

Last edited by fwfdan; Jun 11, 2020 at 11:27 pm
Old Jun 12, 2020, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fwfdan
Updated after moved to the the correct thread!

I checked flights today and it looks like today based on CDG-EWR that UA flies out of CDG Terminal 2E. Based on other comments in this thread does UA really fly out ouf Terminal 1? It looks like the *A lounge is in Terminal 1. Does UA have buisness class lounge access somewhere for business class passengers?

NOTE: this is a "if things are open" question and NOT a Covid-19 question... thinking about a trip next spring and just wondering!
Historically UA has been out of T1. I haven't seen anything about it, but CDG may have consolidated operations, so that could be different currently. I see there is a MLL in T2A, which J class passengers would have access to if it is open (closed now) and if it's possible to access that part of the terminal (no idea about that also).

Aside: CDG is a confusing mess, and I tried looking at a map re: going T2E to T2A, but it brought up all kinds of bad feelings, so I stopped.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 1:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by fwfdan
I checked flights today and it looks like today based on CDG-EWR that UA flies out of CDG Terminal 2E. Based on other comments in this thread does UA really fly out ouf Terminal 1? It looks like the *A lounge is in Terminal 1. Does UA have buisness class lounge access somewhere for business class passengers? ...
May be dated but last Oct had no trouble accessing the *A lounge after checking-in with UA. Note *A lounge is outside of security. Lots of walking and up & down levels.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:50 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by fumje
Historically UA has been out of T1. I haven't seen anything about it, but CDG may have consolidated operations, so that could be different currently. I see there is a MLL in T2A, which J class passengers would have access to if it is open (closed now) and if it's possible to access that part of the terminal (no idea about that also).

Aside: CDG is a confusing mess, and I tried looking at a map re: going T2E to T2A, but it brought up all kinds of bad feelings, so I stopped.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
May be dated but last Oct had no trouble accessing the *A lounge after checking-in with UA. Note *A lounge is outside of security. Lots of walking and up & down levels.
Thanks for the replies! Travel is not for quite some time and was just trying to relieve my boredom with planning and silly research. Was able to easily get saver level business class next spring to France... Fingers crossed!
Old Jun 12, 2020, 6:32 pm

You won't be able to access T2A if you are flying out of T2E. They are not connected airside.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
And due to the T1 design, seemingly in endless circles once arriving at each level.

Historically UA has been out of T1. I haven't seen anything about it, but CDG may have consolidated operations, so that could be different currently.
Looks like T1, among others, is temporarily closed, with CDG operations consolidated into T2A, T2E, & T2F.

UA does indeed appear to be operating out of 2E for now.

Coronavirus - Information to passengers traveling from Paris
Old Dec 27, 2020, 5:55 pm

Programs: BA BAEC Gold (oW Emerald), AF/KLM FB Plat (ST E+), *Alliance Nada
United at CDG T2E

Hello FT-ers,

I tried to search on the forum but didn't see the info I was looking for.

Because of the COVID-19, operations at CDG have been restricted, and it is my understanding that UAL flights are now relocated at Terminal 2E (vs. T1 previously).

My hubby has a CDG-EWR flight on Jan. 11 (UA56) booked in Premium Plus, and he is also a Mileage Club member (via the Mileage Club Chase card).

Would you be kind enough to confirm to me that:
  • he should show up at Terminal 2E for check-in? It is usually the terminal of Air France and SkyTeam airline members.
  • what about the lounge access? At T1, there was the Star Alliance lounge, but for T2E, I am not sure which lounge is used. Is it the Air France Lounge that is contracted instead?

Thanks for your replies!
vinnyc

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 27, 2020 at 6:08 pm Reason: Moved to UA @ CDG thread
Old Dec 27, 2020, 6:37 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by vinnyc
.... he should show up at Terminal 2E for check-in? ...
Based on prior discussion, the answer appears to be yes
Coronavirus - Information to passengers traveling from Paris

Originally Posted by vinnyc
.... what about the lounge access?
Based on prior discussion, there appears to be no lounge option for UC member.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 8:01 pm

Programs: United
Hi Team!

My wife and 1 year old child will be flying UA out of CDG in May 2021. I booked a refundable overnight with the CDG Sheraton which is located in T2.

Any thoughts on when UA may return to T1?!

Thanks!
​​​​​​​
Old Jan 12, 2021, 4:22 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by Johhny5Alive
Hi Team!

My wife and 1 year old child will be flying UA out of CDG in May 2021. I booked a refundable overnight with the CDG Sheraton which is located in T2.

Thanks!
When normal operations resume... probably in the late summer or fall after there has been widespread vaccinations...
Old Jul 9, 2021, 12:28 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Hi Team!

Thanks!
I'm heading into CDG on UA as I type this, fearing that the recent surge in air travel, combined with downscaled operations at CDG due to the pandemic, is going to create some real fun for my son and I! I have no familiarity with 2E but I guess I'm going to be learning fast. Will report back on my findings!
Old Jul 9, 2021, 12:58 am

Programs: UA GS
I flew out of 2E last weekend. No lounge. The AF lounge wouldn’t even let me buy a guest pass. I

It was a Monday morning and lines weren’t bad.

That said, there was ample seating at the gate and the terminal is bright and modern and frankly a more comfortable place to hang out than the crowded and dark Star Alliance Lounge and I enjoyed having security out of the way early vs the chaos and cramped T1.

Overall it was still an upgrade experience wise.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 1:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond

My understanding is that T1 isn't scheduled to re-open anytime soon. That said, T2E is an upgrade over T1 overall. There is no lounge access but UA provides Polaris passengers with a 20 Euro coupon that works virtually everywhere.

It's been fun seeing UA move from T1 to T2A to T2E... and more recently to T2C although the gate was technically at T2E (we were bussed to T2C.)
Old Jul 20, 2021, 11:55 am

Do UA travelers have access to any lounges flying out of terminal 2E at CDG?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.