FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:46 am
ajGoes

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Roar
Re getting into Bordeaux city, it's not an issue - a friend is picking us up. I just need to get us down there.

You guys think a wheelchair assistant would wrangle my mother to terminal train. on train, off train, to gate, etc etc while I wrangle suitcases?
Going back through security again seems very un-fun. That said, being dog-tired at Montparnasse and getting to BOD late(r) seems un-fun, too.

What do you think you'd do?

(I will also keep monitoring the TGV to see if any availability pops up....)
I've only used assistants for flights that originated and ended at CDG, but from my limited experience, I'd expect our assistant to do all that, with a broad smile, while chatting amiably. We had terrific assistants there. I couldn't believe how fast they made the whole otherwise-grueling process.

The airport has a limited number of handicap assistants and they really don't want them tied up waiting in lines. So it's very much in management's interest to do whatever they can to cut every delay they can. On the other hand, I have no idea how a strike, IRROPS, or other factors might affect the process.