Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
The MCT depends heavily on expected terminal, but all in the 1-2 hour range.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
AF arrives in Terminal 2F, UA leaves from Terminal 1: MCT on a single ticket is 2 hours.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by iainmc
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has an idea of transfer times to United at Charles de Gaule form Air France. We'll be coming from Nice, transferring to a Chicago flight.

Thanks!

/iain
just did this Friday morning from BOD-CDG-EWR

The question is do you have bags checked or no?

we had checked bags. So that adds an easy 30-45 mins to the process.

If so, like us, prepare to allow 3 hours+ minimum. We had a 2.5 hour layover. I’m GS fying in Polaris and fast track and everything and BARELY made the flight. Made it to the gate 35 mins prior to departure. And I know the airport. AF was only 5 mins late on arrival btw.

The crowds at the transfer train and the lines for passport control and security are obnoxious these days espciailly if you have no priority add an hour to what I’ve said. CDG seemed busier than I’ve ever seen it.

Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
CDG transfer is a nightmare. This one will be Terminal 2F to T1, and it sounds like separate tix. On separate tix, I would not do less than 3 hours.

There's a nifty step by step guide here: Changing Terminals at CDG
Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I just did this in May and agree with all the comments above but biggest learning for me was it was only on the second trip that I was told about the "fast pass" access - shaved a good ten minutes off immigration and security. If you are eligible (Polaris/1K/GS) ask for the pass when checking in your luggage.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I just did this in May and agree with all the comments above but biggest learning for me was it was only on the second trip that I was told about the "fast pass" access - shaved a good ten minutes off immigration and security. If you are eligible (Polaris/1K/GS) ask for the pass when checking in your luggage.
Unless this has been changed recently, the priority lane at CDG is available to all *G and above.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I did similar three weeks ago on BA to UA. BA baggage delivery was slow, it’s a long walk to CDGVAL, which also is slow and then the signage in T1 is appalling- it’s circular and I literally went round and round in circles. Three hours is more than sufficient but it will be stressful.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Is this on a single ticket? If so, AF will transfer the bags to UA.

If not, MCT as nothing to do with it and OP needs to allow time to collect his bags, drag them to UA, check them in and so on. In addition, if his inbound is delayed, the risk of a now show in solely on OP. Thus, this is also a risk tolerance matter for financial reasons.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Alaska Gold 75k, Marriott Amb
yeah, not a single ticket, but i am gs. just need to convince my wife to not have a checked bag. as if that worked so many times before...

/i
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
yeah, not a single ticket, but i am gs. just need to convince my wife to not have a checked bag. as if that worked so many times before...

/i
In which case the MCT is irrelevant.

You either make the UA flight or you don't. It's CDG, so expect the fare rules of your ticket to be applied without regard to status.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
just need to convince my wife to not have a checked bag
Even with no checked bags, you still have to exit landside to access CDGVAL.

They should just raze this airport to the ground and start over.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 7:44 pm

It's worth trying to change the Nice-CDG flight to one a half-day or even a full day earlier! Stay in the airport hotels -- there are many and some are quite nice.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 9:42 pm

Getting a wheelchair at CDG (inbound) + immigration

Hi folks -

This is a follow up to the "My 84 year old mother wants to go to Paris" thread.

I have few more questions.

She can walk, but she's frail.

I have requested a wheelchair from United. I am not worried about the legs, but what happens on landing?

1. Will they meet us at the gate upon arrival? (I don't think wheelchair assistance ends at the destination, but I've never done this before.)
2. If so, will we have to wait a long time for a chair? (I have read online that wheelchair assistance at CDG is slow and can have 1 hr wait times - any idea if this is still going on? (They were old threads where I saw this.)
3. Will they take her through immigration? Will they "skip" her to the front? (Or do I need to plan for an hour wait?)
4. Will they take us as far as the taxi rank?

Many thanks!
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:35 am

Programs: UA 1k
CDG is now my home airport. I’m fairly certain I have seen wheelchairs waiting on the jetway while deplaning. When you exit there will be an agent and as a 1k I think you can request an access 1 card for immigration. This should make the process easier/quicker.

In my experience the United staff at CDG is great so I wouldn’t hesitate to ask for anything that will make is easier.

Originally Posted by Roar
Hi folks -

This is a follow up to the "My 84 year old mother wants to go to Paris" thread.

I have few more questions.

She can walk, but she's frail.

I have requested a wheelchair from United. I am not worried about the legs, but what happens on landing?

1. Will they meet us at the gate upon arrival? (I don't think wheelchair assistance ends at the destination, but I've never done this before.)
2. If so, will we have to wait a long time for a chair? (I have read online that wheelchair assistance at CDG is slow and can have 1 hr wait times - any idea if this is still going on? (They were old threads where I saw this.)
3. Will they take her through immigration? Will they "skip" her to the front? (Or do I need to plan for an hour wait?)
4. Will they take us as far as the taxi rank?

Many thanks!
Old Nov 11, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
We used wheelchair assistance at CDG for two arrivals and two departures in the summer of 2018. We had our own chair, so we had to wait a bit for it to arrive from the hold, but we had no waits for the extremely helpful aides.

They helped us through immigration, where we were able to skip the lines.

We took over after immigration but I think they offered to take us to the taxi ranks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.