Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2024)

Old Mar 19, 2024, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2024)

Old Apr 6, 2024, 7:15 pm
  #226  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: USA
Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Posts: 5,384
UA 189 SFO to MNL delayed 41 minutes on departure due to holding for delayed connecting passengers - despite an on-time landing, gate arrival was 34 minutes late due to taxiway and gate traffic at MNL
ElevatorEnthusiast is online now  
Old Apr 6, 2024, 7:34 pm
  #227  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: PMD
Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Posts: 2,913
Originally Posted by kaiotes
I don't buy this excuse. Look at the flights from AF, They don't have as many delays as UA
Are they the same hour though? Years ago (no runway construction) I had a 1 pm SFO-LHR. Due to morning fog the flight was delayed to 2 pm. They added quite a few minutes of taxi time just because 2 pm has more Rwy 28 departure delay.
SPN Lifer likes this.
HkCaGu is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2024, 7:49 pm
  #228  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston
Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Posts: 12,707
Originally Posted by kaiotes
I don't buy this excuse. Look at the flights from AF, They don't have as many delays as UA
On their, checks notes, single daily flight that is exempt from delay programs?
featheroleather likes this.
mduell is offline  
Old Apr 7, 2024, 9:09 pm
  #229  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: SFO
Posts: 300
UA925 LHR-IAD 763 cancelled due to maintenance.
UA961 FRA-EWR 78X cancelled due to unexpected operational issue.
sonyeoshin is offline  
Old Apr 9, 2024, 12:56 am
  #230  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: SFO
Posts: 300
UA130 HND-EWR 772 on 4/8 diverted to SFO due to crew scheduling.
sonyeoshin is offline  
Old Apr 9, 2024, 8:54 am
  #231  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Posts: 1,297
Originally Posted by sonyeoshin
UA130 HND-EWR 772 on 4/8 diverted to SFO due to crew scheduling.
Looks like it had ~4 hour delay so that is that might have triggered crew time?
Infinite1K is offline  
Old Apr 9, 2024, 9:50 am
  #232  
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Northern California
Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Posts: 3,458
UA2083 UIO-IAH delayed both 4/7 and 4/8 -- only about an hour delay each day but an impactful one as almost everyone is connecting.

Both instances were driven by upstream MX/equipment changes. UA ops very delayed in updating the departure time (i.e. UA1002 already in the air for 12:30am arrival, but 2083 still showing 12:40am departure), making changes very difficult. Not fun yesterday particularly with Monday loads limiting options rather severely.
aCavalierInCoach is offline  
Old Apr 9, 2024, 5:26 pm
  #233  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Posts: 5,585
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
UA 189 SFO to MNL delayed 41 minutes on departure due to holding for delayed connecting passengers - despite an on-time landing, gate arrival was 34 minutes late due to taxiway and gate traffic at MNL
I'm not sure a less than 1 hour delay rises to the level of needing inclusion here? I think we're looking more at significant delays/cancelations?
LaserSailor and JimInOhio like this.
ironmanjt is offline  
Old Apr 9, 2024, 5:38 pm
  #234  
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Programs: United 1K Member
Posts: 141
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
I'm not sure a less than 1 hour delay rises to the level of needing inclusion here? I think we're looking more at significant delays/cancelations?
more data the better?
aCavalierInCoach likes this.
UAflyerwhoflystomuch is offline  
Old Apr 9, 2024, 6:23 pm
  #235  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: SFO
Posts: 300
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Looks like it had ~4 hour delay so that is that might have triggered crew time?
Possibly - that flight appeared to go straight to SFO.
sonyeoshin is offline  
Old Apr 9, 2024, 6:48 pm
  #236  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: US
Programs: UA GS 2MM
Posts: 1,748
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
UA2083 UIO-IAH delayed both 4/7 and 4/8 -- only about an hour delay each day but an impactful one as almost everyone is connecting.

Both instances were driven by upstream MX/equipment changes. UA ops very delayed in updating the departure time (i.e. UA1002 already in the air for 12:30am arrival, but 2083 still showing 12:40am departure), making changes very difficult. Not fun yesterday particularly with Monday loads limiting options rather severely.
Its delayed tonight too. Inbound from IAH is behind schedule. Seems UIO is having bad luck.
cmhua777 is offline  
Old Apr 9, 2024, 9:40 pm
  #237  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: SFO
Posts: 300
UA231 LAX-LHR 789 cancelled due to maintenance. Return UA230 LHR-LAX on 4/10 cancelled as a result.
sonyeoshin is offline  
Old Apr 11, 2024, 9:26 pm
  #238  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: SFO
Posts: 300
UA145 OPO-EWR 752 cancelled due to maintenance.
UA883 LHR-EWR 763 cancelled due to maintenance.

UA805 SFO-ICN 772 on 4/13 already cancelled due to supposedly maintenance, although the scheduled assigned plane (N76010) is currently flying to Rome now, which is strange.

Last edited by sonyeoshin; Apr 11, 2024 at 11:48 pm
sonyeoshin is offline  
Old Apr 11, 2024, 9:37 pm
  #239  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,562
Originally Posted by sonyeoshin
UA145 OPO-EWR 752 cancelled due to maintenance.
UA883 LHR-SFO 763 cancelled due to maintenance.

UA805 SFO-ICN 772 on 4/13 already cancelled due to supposedly maintenance, although the scheduled assigned plane (N76010) is currently flying to Rome now, which is strange.
Two days out, the assignment isn't that meaningful. They likely already determined they were short a plane and decided that was the least-impactful cancellation they could post. The is more lead time for the cancel than I'd expect, though, I agree that part is surprising.
fumje is offline  
Old Apr 11, 2024, 9:49 pm
  #240  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: SFO
Posts: 300
Originally Posted by fumje
Two days out, the assignment isn't that meaningful. They likely already determined they were short a plane and decided that was the least-impactful cancellation they could post. The is more lead time for the cancel than I'd expect, though, I agree that part is surprising.
Possibly so, especially with SFO-ICN being 2x daily now. Loads for Y for UA805 and UA893 today and tomorrow is about 75%.
sonyeoshin is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.