Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2024)

Old Mar 19, 2024, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2024)

Old Apr 4, 2024, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by UAflyerwhoflystomuch
The same aircraft was set to fly the DXB and CPT route on the same night ---- quite interesting as they would have to cancel 1 no matter what
I’m on, I would have been on, UA163 at 0155 on Friday. Ship 3007 was scheduled to perform that flight as late as 0855 PT on April 3. What was interesting about UA164, the outbound flight, was the load. It was really light: maybe one third full. Upgrade requests to PP and Polaris could have all been accommodated with room to spare.

In terms of how canceled flight UA163 was handled, it’s not United’s best day. The app told me that I had been rebooked on another flight, but provided no details on that flight. I reached out to UA on the app; I think I got a “bot.” The “agent” liked providing me with the entire itinerary (four legs); I couldn’t get he, she or it to focus on the first canceled leg. I called and got an agent who seemed to panic when she saw I was 1k: it was quite endearing. In the end, she saved the day and put me on an Emirates flight on Friday at 0855. I had planned to go hub hopping (EWR-IAH-SFO), but now I’m flying nonstop to LAX. I’ll take care of the ORC later.

For as much as I’ve been flying recently, I haven’t experienced such a disruption in ages. It will be good to see what Emirates is like. I’ve been moved from Pp to coach and have yet to get a seat assignment. As I have no status, I’m planning to arrive at DXB many hours before the flight to check in.

From a customer service perspective, I’d say United had a really poor start, but (so far) a good conclusion.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by mherdeg
The pilot said there was a problem with the rudder.

3 April UA110 (the 6pm EWR-LHR) was actually cancelled twice -- (1) at about 5:45pm the assigned 767 was cancelled for mechanical reasons, and passengers were told to await rebooking. The flight was reinstated and a new plane was assigned. The new plane had a 2 hour mechanical delay on the ground, then took off, then diverted back to EWR, where (2) it was cancelled after landing, at about 11pm.

Onboard the pilot told customers that there was a problem with the rudder, that they would circle for about an hour to dump enough fuel to land, and that the plan of record was to attempt takeoff again after landing and fixing the issue. Instead the flight was cancelled after it landed.

Passengers were rebooked onto UA146, the 11pm 767 which initially took a 30min mechanical delay that became a longer customer delay as many pax from UA110 were gradually reaccommodated onto UA146.

Sitting on UA110 (EWR-LHR) right now (4 April) and we’re turning back (from the hold-short lines) for a “maintenance issue”: Per the captain, it’s a problem with the “hydraulics and electrical system, and unfortunately the two are interconnected.”

Anyone have the tail # for last night’s 110? Willing to bet good money they didn’t actually fix the problem yesterday.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Leedoms649
Sitting on UA110 (EWR-LHR) right now (4 April) and we’re turning back (from the hold-short lines) for a “maintenance issue”: Per the captain, it’s a problem with the “hydraulics and electrical system, and unfortunately the two are interconnected.”

Anyone have the tail # for last night’s 110? Willing to bet good money they didn’t actually fix the problem yesterday.
N657UA - that one took off and came back - UA definitely gave itself a whole day+ of lead time...even as of last night, the diverted aircraft intends to perform next on Friday for the day flight to LHR. Let's see how that goes.

Based on the account in above posts, there was another aircraft intended for original use.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17
N657UA - that one took off and came back - UA definitely gave itself a whole day+ of lead time...even as of last night, the diverted aircraft intends to perform next on Friday for the day flight to LHR. Let's see how that goes.

Based on the account in above posts, there was another aircraft intended for original use.
Thank you! Anyway to find out what the original plane was? I poked around a bit but couldn’t find it.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

UA50 MAD-EWR 764 cancelled due to maintenance.
UA929 ORD-LHR 763 cancelled due to maintenance. Return UA958 LHR-ORD on 4/5 cancelled as a result.

Thank you! Anyway to find out what the original plane was? I poked around a bit but couldn’t find it.
Not aware of any sites that would show what planes were originally assigned before being swapped, unfortunately.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 9:26 pm

Programs: United 1K Member

I think they are different airplanes
Old Apr 5, 2024, 12:20 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
flightstats has assigned aircraft history (for a monthly fee for past flights)
Old Apr 5, 2024, 5:15 pm

Been monitoring ua990 sfo-cdg.
it seems to be always late since turn of.cst. yesterday was the only on time arrival. Even when it departed somewhat on time, it managed to be hour + late.When I track the inbound plane, those arrived hours in advance. Are the crews getting to work late or cdg is forcing a late arrival.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by kaiotes
Been monitoring ua990 sfo-cdg.
it seems to be always late since turn of.cst. yesterday was the only on time arrival. Even when it departed somewhat on time, it managed to be hour + late.When I track the inbound plane, those arrived hours in advance. Are the crews getting to work late or cdg is forcing a late arrival.
SFO is having a months-long runway closure and a long line of long haul flights waiting to take off during certain hours.
SPN Lifer and ContinentalFan like this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 10:48 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
4/5 UA613, B788 (N26902) from Lagos to Washington Dulles diverted to Tenerife.

The aircraft is flying to Dulles as UA3040 today.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Barely mid-day on the East coast and UA already doing well ...

UA65 LIS-EWR 781 cancelled due to operational issues
UA53 ZRH-IAD 763 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
UA229 DUB-IAD 764 cancelled due to severe weather ... huh
UA960 EWR-FRA 781 cancelled due to operational issues
UA924 IAD-LHR 763 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by HkCaGu
SFO is having a months-long runway closure and a long line of long haul flights waiting to take off during certain hours.
I don't buy this excuse. Look at the flights from AF, They don't have as many delays as UA
Old Apr 6, 2024, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
I don't buy this excuse. Look at the flights from AF, They don't have as many delays as UA
In fairness, when all runways were working, SFO wasn’t a great example of an airport with a stellar on-time performance. Shutting down a busy runway, 28L, has made things worse. Rather than looking at Air France, a better comparison might be Delta, American or even Southwest.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
In fairness, when all runways were working, SFO wasn’t a great example of an airport with a stellar on-time performance. Shutting down a busy runway, 28L, has made things worse. Rather than looking at Air France, a better comparison might be Delta, American or even Southwest.
How often would DL, AA, or WN take off on 28R?
Old Apr 6, 2024, 3:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Of the 1200 arival / departures, how many of those are AF? statistical insignificant. And what time of day, that matters.

Try looking at AS which has posted significant delays recent .

These carries amount to 77% of SFO of the 50 carriers operating in SFO. I would suspect AF is in the last 10 or so carriers.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.