Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2024)

Old Mar 19, 2024, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2024)

Old Jan 5, 2024, 9:46 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: SFO
Posts: 217
Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2024)

Starting a 2024 thread. UA925 LHR-IAD 763 cancelled maintenance.
sonyeoshin is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2024, 5:04 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NYC / TYO / Up in the Air
Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Posts: 6,296
UA 131 was delayed on 1/5 for about 90 minutes due to a broken part -- TBH I'm just glad we made it out.... Didn't bother posting here since these threads seem to have lost their popularity / usefulness during COVID.....
bmwe92fan is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2024, 9:28 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: SFO
Posts: 217
UA98 LAX-MEL 789 cancelled maintenance. Return flight UA99 MEL-LAX scheduled tomorrow cancelled as a result.
sonyeoshin is offline  
Old Jan 8, 2024, 10:42 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Posts: 1,194
Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2024)

Starting new thread for 2024.

1/7 UA34 KIX-SFO
Scheduled departure: 6:30pm
Actual departure: 1:18am

Scheduled arrival: 11:25am
Actual arrival: 5:16pm
Infinite1K is offline  
Old Jan 11, 2024, 3:11 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sydney,Australia
Programs: UA 1K, QF Gold
Posts: 1,141
10 Jan UA101 IAH-SYD cancelled "Your flight is canceled because your crew did not have sufficient rest time required by federal law"

From what I can see it looks like they are planning to cancel 12 Jan SYD-LAX to cover this although they haven't done it yet. There is lots of space on the two SFO bound flights (I am on 870) so I imagine they will disperse them across those.
WheelsUpGal likes this.
simong is offline  
Old Jan 11, 2024, 10:16 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Posts: 10,472
EWR - LHR (UA940 January 10) was delayed by 4 hours, and didn't leave until 2am local time (January 11).
Repooc17 is offline  
Old Jan 15, 2024, 2:59 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: BER - NYC
Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, EasyJet FlightClub, IHG Platinum
Posts: 14
UA 962 EWR-BER returned to EWR today, hence UA 963 is cancelled tomorrow. Anyone knows the reason? Medical/Technical?
While FR24 shows 963 canx for tomorrow, 962 is still expected to fly out today (?) - what are they gonna do with the aircraft once in BER? ferry back? Keep there for good luck?
spremmse is offline  
Old Jan 15, 2024, 3:07 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,453
Originally Posted by spremmse
UA 962 EWR-BER returned to EWR today, hence UA 963 is cancelled tomorrow. Anyone knows the reason? Medical/Technical?
While FR24 shows 963 canx for tomorrow, 962 is still expected to fly out today (?) - what are they gonna do with the aircraft once in BER? ferry back? Keep there for good luck?
I like that idea of keeping it there for good luck. However, they won't do that. They'll use today's 962 for tomorrow's 963. Perhaps you're having a time zone mix-up? 963 for 15Jan is cancelled, corresponding to 14Jan 962 return/cancel, and 963 for 16Jan is operating, currently.
spremmse likes this.
fumje is offline  
Old Jan 15, 2024, 3:25 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: BER - NYC
Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, EasyJet FlightClub, IHG Platinum
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by fumje
I like that idea of keeping it there for good luck. However, they won't do that. They'll use today's 962 for tomorrow's 963. Perhaps you're having a time zone mix-up? 963 for 15Jan is cancelled, corresponding to 14Jan 962 return/cancel, and 963 for 16Jan is operating, currently.
Right I was indeed mixing up timezones, still I don't fully get it. 963 was canx today as 962 had a diversion yesterday. FR24 still shows an expected departure for 1:55am which obv never happened. Still there's a UA 3030 ferry scheduled to depart EWR in 2.5hrs, while the return for that (UA 3031) is marked as canx. Is FR24 messing up cancelled flight plans, is united keeping multiple planes in BER or am I messing up smth in my head?
Still would appreciate if anyone knows the reason for yesterdays 962 diversion.

See weird schedule here:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n76065

Last edited by spremmse; Jan 15, 2024 at 3:26 pm Reason: added link
spremmse is offline  
Old Jan 15, 2024, 6:23 pm
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,453
Originally Posted by spremmse
Right I was indeed mixing up timezones, still I don't fully get it. 963 was canx today as 962 had a diversion yesterday. FR24 still shows an expected departure for 1:55am which obv never happened. Still there's a UA 3030 ferry scheduled to depart EWR in 2.5hrs, while the return for that (UA 3031) is marked as canx. Is FR24 messing up cancelled flight plans, is united keeping multiple planes in BER or am I messing up smth in my head?
Still would appreciate if anyone knows the reason for yesterdays 962 diversion.

See weird schedule here:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n76065
Ah, I see the oddity. It looks like for
14jan: ewr-ber originally scheduled with n76054, returned to ewr (I don't know why), tentatively reassigned n76065 for restart of flight, but ultimately cancelled instead; ber-ewr operated by n76065 normally;
15jan: ewr-ber ual962 ran with n66057, and ual3030 recovery (not ferry) has gone with n76065; ber-ewr ual963 meant to be operated with n76054 or n76065 (whichever would have made it to ber) cancelled;
16jan: ewr-ber ual962 normal service with n66056; ber-ewr ual963 normal service with n66057, and secondary recovery flight ual3031 operated with n76065 cancelled;
17jan: ewr-ber ual962 normal service with n69063 ; ber-ewr ual963 normal service with n76065.

Reading between the lines, I think they were potentially going to run two BER-EWR flights on 16Jan to recover from the cancel of the 15Jan flight, but they managed to sign enough people over to LH that they opted not to do so, and instead they will RON a 764 at BER for the time being, i.e. they will operate 962 and 963 with a day of buffer on the aircraft. So maybe "keeping one there for good luck" was the right explanation all along!
fumje is offline  
Old Jan 16, 2024, 6:35 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Posts: 1,194
UA195 January 16 from Munich to San Francisco diverted to Denver.
Infinite1K is offline  
Old Jan 17, 2024, 10:10 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Posts: 1,194
UA917 San Francisco to Auckland on 1/15 departed 12 hours late
Resulted in UA916 from Auckland to San Francisco on 1/17 to be 8.5 hours late
Infinite1K is offline  
Old Jan 18, 2024, 6:46 pm
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Posts: 10,472
N24979 - 789 (787-9)

Performing as UA187 on January 16, 2024 (JNB-EWR) diverted to BOS - weather?

Once the aircraft made it to EWR, it performed two non-revenue flights:

UA3926 - January 18 EWR-IAH
UA3944 - January 19 IAH-EWR
Re-entering revenue service on January 20, with a schedule flight of UA816 EWR-DEL
Repooc17 is offline  
Old Jan 19, 2024, 10:32 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Posts: 1,194
Originally Posted by Repooc17
N24979 - 789 (787-9)

Performing as UA187 on January 16, 2024 (JNB-EWR) diverted to BOS - weather?

Once the aircraft made it to EWR, it performed two non-revenue flights:

UA3926 - January 18 EWR-IAH
UA3944 - January 19 IAH-EWR
Re-entering revenue service on January 20, with a schedule flight of UA816 EWR-DEL
Are you sure they were non revenue? Perhaps charter?
Infinite1K is offline  
Old Jan 19, 2024, 10:38 am
  #15  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Posts: 10,472
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Are you sure they were non revenue? Perhaps charter?
Charters usually carry flight numbers with 2xxx...not to be confused with commercial flights also starting with 2xxx

Rescue flights usually have low 3xxx numbers; ferry flights usually carry hight 3xxx numbers...at least that has been the trend.
SPN Lifer, CJ99 and Infinite1K like this.
Repooc17 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.