Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
For international flight issues, please use
Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2022)

Information resources:
UA Flight Status
FlightAware / Flightstats (flight details)
Cancelled Flights (FlightAware)
Diverted Flights

previous domestic delay / cancelled flight report threads
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2021]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2020]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2019]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2018]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2017]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2016]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2015]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2014]

If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this link
Quote:
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
[email protected], response in 30 business days
Print Wikipost

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2022]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2022, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
As I was landing at ORD at about 6:30pm today, I got a notice from United that my ORD-BWI flight tomorrow at 1:55pm was cancelled “because of a crew-related scheduling disruption.” I was able to re-book for the 7:10am tomorrow. On the one hand, I’m glad they proactively cancelled it. On the other hand, “crew-related scheduling disruption coupled with the EWR hatchet job doesn’t give me confidence in UA’s operation this summer.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 2:58 pm

Missing last flight of the day?

I have a ITO-LAX-ABE trip next week that involves a long layover in LAX and a shorter layover in EWR. I've noticed that the LAX-EWR flight is consistently 2+ hours late so I'd miss my connection to ABE (which is the last flight - errrr, bus) of the day. As a 1K, would United spring for a hotel and stick me on the next available segment the next morning? Any advice on how to handle things?
Old Jul 20, 2022, 3:48 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
At an 1:30 or less driving, get a rental car and get UA to cover costs
Or ask about UBER

last EWR-ABE is 8PM

Why waste the night in EWR

UA2335? for LAX-EWR, scheduled to arrive 6:40PM

This last week has been rough but going back more the ontime has been better
alenguy and Repooc17 like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:00 pm
ed3

EWR to ABE is a bus route. Take the Uber if offered.
alenguy likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by alenguy
As a 1K, would United spring for a hotel and stick me on the next available segment the next morning? Any advice on how to handle things?
While others have given you good advice. But to answer your question - yes as a premier member with status, you would be eligible for a hotel if you misconnect, regardless of reason the flight is delayed. And you would be confirmed on the next flight (bus) that has seats available still. Though as others have pointed out, you could probably get UA to cover the cost of an alternative transport method, as that would likely be cheaper than the cost of a hotel for them.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
While others have given you good advice. But to answer your question - yes as a premier member with status, you would be eligible for a hotel if you misconnect, regardless of reason the flight is delayed.
"Premier member with status" -- imprecise. Only 1K/GS members would get a hotel for uncontrollable delays. Plat or lower, or general member, would get a hotel only if the delay is UA's fault.
Wooglin and leftysauce like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
UA to cover the cost of an alternative transport method, as that would likely be cheaper than the cost of a hotel for them.
A hotel costs United $45-$50/night at the negotiated rates they get. Add on another $40 in food vouchers.

An Uber to ABE from EWR is going to cost more than $100.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
if this is the last sector you’re flying, have you tried to reprice the flight to end at EWR or Scranton? Looking at a random date for next week the fare is fairly low. The last thing I’d want after a long trip back from Hawaii is a bus ride.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 8:59 am

I am also a user of the "United Bus". Can you see if you can change to LAX-ORD-ABE? I've done this (and sometimes added DEN in there so it could work).
Tight connections at EWR and "the bus" are puzzling to flight attendants. Sometimes we've been moved up toward the front of the plane so we can get off faster and run to the bus gate.
alenguy and perkele like this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 6:34 pm

UAL2335 LAX-EWR delayed every single day???

What's up with this flight? It looks like even when the rest of the flights on this route are running smooth as silk this one is still delayed anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 hours, even when the inbound gets to LA on time (or on time-ish). This doesn't seem to be isolated to days when bad weather is present. Any insights?
Old Jul 23, 2022, 8:17 pm

Argh delays

I was on this flight a few days ago. Delayed inbound aircraft, then a re-rerouted flight plan going way south which added 50 min of flight time, followed by a refueling delay. Net, net- into Newark 3 hrs late. Super frustrating
Old Jul 24, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K
For equipment this size, UA has some BRUTAL turnaround times. Even if everything is on time, 2335 gets into EWR for a less than 2 hr stop before heading to FCO. This bird hits EWR/SFO/LAX multiple times in a day, then heads overseas. Just horrendous.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Just a little delayed right now getting out for today (07/24/22). Arriving is a bit longer:

David
Old Jul 24, 2022, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by gold23
For equipment this size, UA has some BRUTAL turnaround times. Even if everything is on time, 2335 gets into EWR for a less than 2 hr stop before heading to FCO. This bird hits EWR/SFO/LAX multiple times in a day, then heads overseas. Just horrendous.
2 hrs (scheduled) is actually generous for UA,

Par for the course for UA optimizing its scheduling. Planes sitting around = no good for UA.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Now in the air - was 28 minutes late departing LAX and over an hour late into EWR. That being said it appears to be taking the southern route to the northeast:

So again many reasons why this flight is delayed at least today.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.