[email protected], response in 30 business days

Old Mar 6, 14, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
[email protected], response in 30 business days

I had to e-mail about getting confirmation of a flight cancellation for trip insurance and this is the response

"Thank you for contacting United Airlines. Our Customer Care team is currently responding to most inquiries within 30 business days. If your message is regarding an upcoming trip, a baggage delay or about our MileagePlus frequent flyer program, please refer to our helpful links below. We look forward to assisting you. "

30 BUSINESS DAYS?? Are you freaking kidding me? I wish my company could tell people we would respond within 30 business days
Old Mar 6, 14, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, GE/TSAPre
Call the premier desk. Minimal wait times if not during peak/storms, quick question, they can email you a copy.
Old Mar 13, 14, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I called 3 times and all three reps told me that I have to e-mail delay letter. What specifically should I ask for? I really don't want to wait 30 business days
Old Apr 14, 14, 2:23 pm

Inexcusable service

Hey NDTraveler,

I totally agree with you. In fact, I saw this post from you and registered on FlyerTalk just to vent my frustrations with United's 30-business day policy. Not only is this just absurd, but I am actually outside of that 30 business day BS time period they set up for a major disruption I experienced back in mid-February flying to Europe. I went to social media and just basically got an automated tweet that they're overwhelmed.

How about this United: 1) hire more people to handle customer inquiries or 2) streamline the process of handling major flight interruption issues, because you know it happens like thousands of times a day. But who am I to tell them what to do. I rank United right between Verizon and Walmart in terms of giving a darn about customers. Too big to care. It's the world we now live in.
Old Apr 14, 14, 4:11 pm

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Originally Posted by ards703 View Post
Hey NDTraveler,

I totally agree with you. In fact, I saw this post from you and registered on FlyerTalk just to vent my frustrations with United's 30-business day policy. Not only is this just absurd, but I am actually outside of that 30 business day BS time period they set up for a major disruption I experienced back in mid-February flying to Europe. I went to social media and just basically got an automated tweet that they're overwhelmed.

How about this United: 1) hire more people to handle customer inquiries or 2) streamline the process of handling major flight interruption issues, because you know it happens like thousands of times a day. But who am I to tell them what to do. I rank United right between Verizon and Walmart in terms of giving a darn about customers. Too big to care. It's the world we now live in.

Wow ards! Welcome to FlyerTalk - very well-said. Stick around and participate more!
Old Apr 14, 14, 4:13 pm

Programs: Former 1K turned UA Kettle
Originally Posted by ards703 View Post
Hey NDTraveler,

Great first post! Welcome to FT
Old Apr 14, 14, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by phxrsng View Post
Call the premier desk. Minimal wait times if not during peak/storms, quick question, they can email you a copy.
Definitely call the Premier Line whenever you need to be transferred to anything. Baggage Services, Customer Care, Web Help Desk, etc. You'll get transferred to an agent much faster.

When UA lost my bag en route to HKG it was a 42 minute wait when I called outside the premier line, and a 7 minute wait when I called it and asked to be transferred ^
Old Oct 27, 16, 1:11 pm

Delayed Flight

For insurance purposes could you please send me a letter stating the Flight#887 on August 16th out of Vancouver, BC to San Francisco was delayed. Because of that delay I missed my connecting flight to Tucson, AZ and had to spend the night in San Francisco. I am trying to get reimbursed for that nights stay.

Thank you.
Old Oct 27, 16, 1:24 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
FWIW I've always received the same form response when I've sent an inquiry, but I've actually received my response within 3-4 days.
Old Oct 27, 16, 1:28 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, nanabigbob

Originally Posted by nanabigbob View Post
For insurance purposes could you please send me a letter stating the Flight#887 on August 16th out of Vancouver, BC to San Francisco was delayed. Because of that delay I missed my connecting flight to Tucson, AZ and had to spend the night in San Francisco. I am trying to get reimbursed for that nights stay.

Thank you.
Just to be clear, posting here will not generate a response from UA. you need to sent your query to UA @ [email protected]
Old Aug 4, 22, 1:51 am

Does [email protected] still work? Two 1K reps didn't know what I was talking about when I asked for a delay letter. It is pretty late at night though...
Old Aug 4, 22, 6:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, OZ Diamond
As a 1K I’ve successfully gotten letters from 1K voice in a day or two.

Meanwhile I just got my letter from Delta about a month and a half after my cancelation there.
SPN Lifer and eldy like this.

Search this Thread