Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2021, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
For international flight issues, please use
Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2021)

Information resources:
UA Flight Status
FlightAware / Flightstats (flight details)
Cancelled Flights (FlightAware)
Diverted Flights

previous domestic delay / cancelled flight report threads
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2020]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2019]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2018]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2017]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2016]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2015]
Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2014]

If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this link
Quote:
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2021, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold

So far over 3+ hours delayed
And still sitting at gate having already been pulled off the plane and put back on

the usual chain of texts saying’we are sorry about the delay but we are now departing in 15-20min’.

last one said we were scheduled to depart 10 min ago.

everyone is saying- we will figure out the missed connections when you get to Chicago
Old Feb 28, 2021, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
These look like texts I would send to my wife
Old Feb 28, 2021, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
Looks like a lot of people are spending the night in Chicago
Old May 16, 2021, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Come on man, three weeks in a row delayed out of EWR. The first two it was delayed incoming AC and we WAITED! This week it’s incoming AC and a swapped AC! And a swapped AC, and a third swapped AC. Now two hours late and the original incoming AC has landed and departed and we are waiting for the now delayed swapped AC. OMG if I wanted this I could have flown out of PHL!

Update: twenty minutes after the third update and preboarding announcement and the flight crew is still at the gate.

just flog me and call it a night. It’s now too late to jump on the “later” flight.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 16, 2021 at 3:13 pm
Old Jun 13, 2021, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K

ITO (Hilo, Hawaii) long runway (8/26) has malfunctioning lights and is out of service at night until further notice. Day time operations OK. The short one, which can be used for inter-island flights still operating day and night. Last night's UA 1706 redeye to LAX was delayed until this morning. LAX to ITO today normally 7:15pm departure, 9:39pm arrival is delayed until tomorrow morning 6am.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jun 13, 2021 at 1:40 pm
Old Jul 10, 2021, 6:04 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
UA 3706 7/9 Cancel Reason

Can anyone see the reason Flight 3706 7/9 IAD>SYR was cancelled? Assume weather delays but got hotel and food vouchers.

thx
Old Jul 10, 2021, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
My guesses were:
1. Crew timeout
2. Crew connection
3. Bad weather in upstate NY

Looks like #1 was correct. You know you can look this up right on United.com or the app, right? They are usually very forthcoming with info on why things were cancelled. And the reason hotel & food were offered for everyone implies it was a United-caused reason. In this case there was a crew scheduling issue. That's normally due to crew timeout. The flight was scheduled for 1030p and pushed back to 1235am and then cancelled which means the crew likely timed out. Or the crew scheduled to take the plane up never made it to IAD in time because of a late inbound. Probably timeout though.

-RM
Old Jul 10, 2021, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
My guesses were:
1. Crew timeout
2. Crew connection
3. Bad weather in upstate NY

Looks like #1 was correct. You know you can look this up right on United.com or the app, right? They are usually very forthcoming with info on why things were cancelled. And the reason hotel & food were offered for everyone implies it was a United-caused reason. In this case there was a crew scheduling issue. That's normally due to crew timeout. The flight was scheduled for 1030p and pushed back to 1235am and then cancelled which means the crew likely timed out. Or the crew scheduled to take the plane up never made it to IAD in time because of a late inbound. Probably timeout though.

-RM
Thx! I tried to look on the app but could t see a reason. How would I find it in the future.?
Old Jul 10, 2021, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
On the flight status page it says "Your flight is canceled because of a crew scheduling issue. We're sorry for the inconvenience." right at the top.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 9:04 am

When I looked quick last night I just saw cancelled. Luckily I have never had this happen before and just started flying United again in late 2019.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 4:55 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Am on a delayed OO flight now, IAD-LWB. First it was a crew issue. Then it was something with UAM records (took them about 20 minutes to board some UAMs), at which point the app claimed "severe weather" was the cause.

We taxiied out only to have a fuel issue and have gone back to the gate.

Finally, it no longer claims WX but instead "operational" issues.

It hasn't been an auspicious return to flying for me. Third trip in the past month, and all three have had delays of an hour or more.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 1:17 pm

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
UA1990, Sunday July 18, LAX-EWR, 787-10

7 (!) hour creeping maintenance delay; Original plane (#1002) had emergency exit door that needed fixing (apparently an FA accidentally activated it the day before). Departure time revised in 15-minute increments for hours. Eventually they swapped planes with the (delayed) inbound 787-10 (#1007). Ultimately arrived into EWR at 1129pm instead of 426pm.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 9:15 am

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
What's With All The Honolulu Cancellations?

Anyone have any insight on what is going on at HNL?
I have a friend that was supposed to fly from HNL to DEN last night and it was cancelled. They rebooked her on a flight to SFO today and it too has been cancelled.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
What flight from HNL to SFO was cancelled today? And what flight to DEN was cancelled yesterday? Flight status shows DEN flight operated yesterday (albeit departing about a half-hour late) and nothing cancelled today to SFO.

Maybe your friend is relaying some misinformation or incomplete info. Maybe you can try to get some more specific flight #s from him/her. You can check flight status yourself here: Check Your United Flight Status - Search by Route or Flight Number

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Aug 7, 2021 at 10:50 am
Old Aug 7, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
What flight from HNL to SFO was cancelled today? And what flight to DEN was cancelled? Flight status shows DEN flight operated yesterday (albeit departing about a half-hour late) and nothing cancelled today to SFO.

Maybe your friend is relaying some misinformation. Maybe you can try to get some more specific/correct information from him/her before asking about "All the Honolulu cancellations" that don't seem to be real. You can check flight status yourself here: Check Your United Flight Status - Search by Route or Flight Number
Flightaware and UA shows 2822 cancelled tonight"Your flight is canceled because of an unexpected operational issue. We're sorry for the inconvenience.". 396 was cancelled yesterday"Your flight is canceled because your plane needs repairs. We're sorry for the inconvenience". and 1802 (hnl-den) canceled yesterday
SPN Lifer and SUPERTRAVEL like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.