FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2022] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2088128-consolidated-cancelled-delayed-domestic-flights-2022-a.html)

docbert Feb 21, 2022 11:26 am

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2022]

Todays UA295 (SFO-EWR) returned to SFO shortly after takeoff.

LiveATC only has patchy audio, but it seems they had a bird strike and declared an emergency as a result. Uneventful return to the airport with no mention of emergency vehicles.

Replacement flight departed just after 10am (3.5 hours after initial schedule departure). UA1428 SFO-EWR is also showing as 90 minutes delayed despite not departing for another >5 hours - potentially due to the resulting PS aircraft shuffle.

threecap Mar 10, 2022 6:47 am

Oof, EWR was absolutely brutal last night. Apparently departure delays during light sleet/snow created a backup, and when planes tried to leave at the same time, there weren't enough crews to help them push back quick enough.

I was on UA3653 CHS-EWR, and we landed at 7:14pm. We were held for about 10 minutes to cross the departure runway (6-7 planes took off), then crossed the runway and sat for another 10 minutes just a couple hundred feet further. Then the dreaded "ding", and the pilot told us we were 15th (!!!!) in line waiting for a gate to open up. We arrived at the gate at 8:43pm, an hour and a half after landing!

All curbside levels were a total disaster. After trying level 1, then 3, both of which PAPD closed at times, and I ended up meeting my driver on the parking lanes across the curb (where the offsite parking shuttles and NJ buses pick up). But that's for a different thread.

I only had a 2-hour flight and I was still losing my sanity by the end of the ordeal. Can't imagine those arriving transcon or internationally...

DELee Mar 23, 2022 8:08 am

03/23/22 UA 1191 LAX-EWR taking a 4 hour delay:
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...36b2a5e676.png

David

fumje Mar 23, 2022 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 34099646)
03/23/22 UA 1191 LAX-EWR taking a 4 hour delay:
img

David

Did this affect your SDC efforts positively, negatively, or not at all? :p

DELee Mar 23, 2022 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by fumje (Post 34100512)
Did this affect your SDC efforts positively, negatively, or not at all? :p

Not at all. I'd gone in early to standby and clear for an earlier flight and saw the EWR-LAX flight was taking that delay.

Now I just need to standby once more to get back to LAX...

David

Repooc17 Mar 24, 2022 7:22 am

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 34101014)
Not at all. I'd gone in early to standby and clear for an earlier flight and saw the EWR-LAX flight was taking that delay.

Now I just need to standby once more to get back to LAX...

David

Weird both flights were late by 4-5 hours. The flight from EWR came in the night before, well, landed around 130am.

JimInOhio Mar 30, 2022 8:29 pm

UA 2614 (LAX-EWR 78X) landed at EWR at 8:46 PM this evening and made it to gate C125 at 9:55 PM.

jparrott Apr 4, 2022 7:02 am

Rough morning at IAD this morning. My flight 641 to BOS went mechanical on the inbound from CLE; looks like just over an hour delay though. 632, the noon flight to LAX, went mechanical on the inbound from LAX and is posted as a 7-hour delay. 1201 to San Diego had a crew issue for its scheduled inbound from SFO, now delayed 3+ hours for a crew from SAT. Air Wisconsin has a brief crew delay for 3884 to RIC.

This morning’s other big winners are the ones that Mesa Air couldn’t find a crew for. 6011 to ATL delayed 3+ hours, 6177 to CLT also 3+ hours, 6055 to HHI 5.5 hours.

SS255 Apr 7, 2022 9:27 am

My brother (no status) booked a full J ticket yesterday (at my suggestion) for tonight’s UA 1814 LAX-EWR. He just texted me that the flight was cancelled, so the travel coordinator for the production he’s working on re-booked him on DL One to JFK.

According to the app, UA 1814 went MX. But it looks like they downgauged the aircraft from a 781 to a 764 under a different flight number (UA 3044). J is full. I checked his itinerary, and UA had auto-re-booked him through ORD (789, followed by domestic F to EWR.)

Does anybody have any insight as to the MX issue? And, while it may be slightly off-topic (and the mods can move to the right thread if they deem fit), I’m wondering why UA de-prioritized a full J ticket when downgrading? They have now lost that revenue, as I think the entire ticket was re-booked on DL.

JimInOhio Apr 7, 2022 9:33 am

Originally Posted by SS255 (Post 34145136)
My brother (no status) booked a full J ticket yesterday (at my suggestion) for tonight’s UA 1814 LAX-EWR. He just texted me that the flight was cancelled, so the travel coordinator for the production he’s working on re-booked him on DL One to JFK.

According to the app, UA 1814 went MX. But it looks like they downgauged the aircraft from a 781 to a 764 under a different flight number (UA 3044). J is full. I checked his itinerary, and UA had auto-re-booked him through ORD (789, followed by domestic F to EWR.)

Does anybody have any insight as to the MX issue? And, while it may be slightly off-topic (and the mods can move to the right thread if they deem fit), I’m wondering why UA de-prioritized a full J ticket when downgrading? They have now lost that revenue, as I think the entire ticket was re-booked on DL.

How can anyone know if your brother was de-prioritized without knowing about all of the other J passengers who were moved to the 764 flight? My guess is his lack of MP status was a key factor here.

HNLbasedFlyer May 10, 2022 7:20 pm

Epic delay at HNL.

Saw on the board the 7am HNL-SFO delayed to 10:30pm. 15 1/2 hours. Ouch.

1:15 pm HNL-LAX delayed to 3:30pm so that will result in red eye misconnects.

WN has on the board a 1:30pm HNL-LAX delay with no time just Delayed on the board as well as a Maui flight.

And - as you’d expect - perfect weather here, maybe a bit hot.

Repooc17 May 22, 2022 11:29 am

UA504 (EWR-SFO) May 21, 2022 is on rolling delays of more than 19 hours now. Original departure time 640pm.

Initially delayed due to mx of the inbound (UA2655 SFO-EWR). After the troubled plane was taken out of service, and a new subbed plane, UA2655 didn't arrive into EWR until after 3am this morning from SFO (original scheduled arrival 5pm yesterday). UA504 is now suffering from crew issues; actually, both flights original crew timed out.

The fact UA has allowed a flight to delay for more than 19 hrs and counting is not a good look.

DELee May 22, 2022 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post 34270821)
UA504 (EWR-SFO) May 21, 2022 is on rolling delays of more than 19 hours now. Original departure time 640pm.

Initially delayed due to mx of the inbound (UA2655 SFO-EWR). After the troubled plane was taken out of service, and a new subbed plane, UA2655 didn't arrive into EWR until after 3am this morning from SFO (original scheduled arrival 5pm yesterday). UA504 is now suffering from crew issues; actually, both flights original crew timed out.

The fact UA has allowed a flight to delay for more than 19 hrs and counting is not a good look.

Did you ever make it out on that flight?

David

Repooc17 May 22, 2022 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 34271604)
Did you ever make it out on that flight?

David

Nope :mad:

Cancelled the entire trip yesterday after not clearing standby on other cross country flights and United updated departure time to 1am. Came close from buying a walkup one-way fare on Delta for $2K with very little inventory across the board last minute, but ended up staying in town instead of being frivolous. The trip wasn't meant to be. Will try again another time (soon).

Shaetan Jun 5, 2022 1:57 pm

Got a text on 6/4 about 6/5's UA250 (BOS-IAH) being cancelled and was rebooked for a later flight. It seems like the flight wasn't cancelled and flew as scheduled (without me on it).

1) Any idea what happened?
2) Any way to finagle an ETC out of it?