Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
I’d settle easily for that pasta and side salad. Green salad being a plus. Cheese pasta and cheese cake is a bit rich though.

Whats with cauliflower everywhere. Cauliflower isn’t cheap yet it features in salad and now mains.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
Are you describing the pre-order F meal or the pre-order BOB item?

The pre-order F burger meal does have bacon, and the sauce is BBQ, not "bistro" — or at least that's what it was last time I saw it. Has that changed?

edit: looked up hemispheres, it describes the BOB burger as having "bistro" sauce; I think we're having some burger nomenclature confusion here.
I recently pre-order The Bistro Burger EWR-MCO in First Class and there was no bacon in the description nor on the burger itself.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kmersh
I recently pre-order The Bistro Burger EWR-MCO in First Class and there was no bacon in the description nor on the burger itself.
Well then I guess that wasn't the right distinction I suggested!
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Can confirm also. Earlier this month, ordered burger on the transcon route from EWR to SFO while the preorder on TCON flights still worked. No bacon in sight...would have been visible and stuck out of the bun.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Repooc17
No bacon in sight...would have been visible and stuck out of the bun.
Don’t be so sure about that lol. This is United…expect the unexpected.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 12:10 am

Any Difference Between Mid-Con Lunch / Dinner?

Hey guys, I don’t post here often but figured this is good a time as any, so I just booked First from Denver to Madison via Chicago. The DEN-ORD segment departs at 3:22 pm with lunch served. I also have the option to take a dinner flight later for the same price and will change if it means a better meal. Thanks.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AADrewBoo
Hey guys, I don’t post here often but figured this is good a time as any, so I just booked First from Denver to Madison via Chicago. The DEN-ORD segment departs at 3:22 pm with lunch served. I also have the option to take a dinner flight later for the same price and will change if it means a better meal. Thanks.
same meal
kmersh and AADrewBoo like this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by AADrewBoo
it will be the same meal. No difference. Which is sad.
AADrewBoo likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
There is absolutely no reason to sacrifice taking the most convenient UA flight for a different UA meal. .

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 1, 2022 at 11:42 am Reason: removed inappropriate comment
Old Sep 1, 2022, 5:28 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
No snack bags ORD-EWR this AM. Pretzels or stroppwaffle passed out just like coach except from the basket instead of the cart. UA should officially extend the meal benefit for 1k/GS to first.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by lilpisher
No snack bags ORD-EWR this AM. Pretzels or stroppwaffle passed out just like coach except from the basket instead of the cart. UA should officially extend the meal benefit for 1k/GS to first.
"Two stroopwafels! What a benefit!"

David
Old Sep 1, 2022, 5:55 pm

I am sure they would give you one if you ask.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only difference between sad bag and the basket is mini water and isopropyl wipe. But I rate you as fortunate — I have been getting stuck with biscoffs for the past month, which in my view are vastly inferior to the stroopwafel.

Originally Posted by hotelboy
I have been denied. (Did not press the matter.)
Old Sep 1, 2022, 7:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hotelboy
Originally Posted by fumje

I have been denied. (Did not press the matter.)
Even when the baseline in F was no meal? Weird if so
Old Sep 1, 2022, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Even when the baseline in F was no meal? Weird if so
Yep. Weird indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.