Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
And on the bananas foster sauce, RIP.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 16, 2022 at 8:47 pm Reason: removed off topic content
Old Nov 17, 2022, 4:55 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by elbombo
Had the new "chicken curry" for the first time today and as usual for UA dishes, this one is kinda weird. It's not a normal chicken curry with rice and curry sauce but has noodles and chopped carrots in it with a little sauce but not enough. kinda dry actually. Same old cheese and marinated tomatoe appetizer which is a very odd combination with this dish as it doesnt pair at all. What are these UA chefs thinking?

Other choice was "Ragu polenta" so I guess that's back again after a year.

This looks remarkably similar to something I've microwaved when I was in college. Right down to the excessive use of carrots as filler.

rch4u, leoo, tstauck and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 8:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MirandaM
chicken or ragu
chose the ragu if your doctor pointed out that you might have a significant sodium deficiency
SPN Lifer, DELee and Repooc17 like this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by elbombo
Had the new "chicken curry" for the first time today and as usual for UA dishes, this one is kinda weird. It's not a normal chicken curry with rice and curry sauce but has noodles and chopped carrots in it with a little sauce but not enough. kinda dry actually. Same old cheese and marinated tomatoe appetizer which is a very odd combination with this dish as it doesnt pair at all. What are these UA chefs thinking?

Other choice was "Ragu polenta" so I guess that's back again after a year.

This was an option on RSW to IAH the other day. As it was mid-afternoon I declined and got a snack box, which I feel really good about now that I saw this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 7:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
https://thepointsguy.com/news/united-food-service-wifi/

Looks like some positive changes coming
elitefreak likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
https://thepointsguy.com/news/united-food-service-wifi/

Looks like some positive changes coming
awesome news !
anyone try one of the new entrees this week yet?
Old Nov 18, 2022, 4:41 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
awesome news !
anyone try one of the new entrees this week yet?
If ever there were a “Let them eat cake” moment, this is it
Old Nov 18, 2022, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Now, since there is no such thing as "Banana Fosters Sauce", but there is "Bananas Foster Sauce", maybe that is throwing off the flight kitchen chef .
Ooops. UA slipped again.

David
Old Nov 18, 2022, 9:46 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Originally Posted by lilpisher
Just pre-ordered for my flight next week ORD - DFW. Cauliflower grain salad, described as "cauliflower grain salad with cauliflower rice, zucchini squash, avocado salsa, and green Chile."
Received the cauliflower grain salad - it is served warm and I really enjoyed it. Very vegetable forward and well seasoned. Lots of pepper though, so if you aren’t a pepper person, I’d steer clear. Onboard options were the chicken noodle entree and the impossible meatballs. Both served with same sides we are accustomed to.

Last edited by lilpisher; Nov 19, 2022 at 10:05 am
Old Nov 18, 2022, 10:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by DELee
Ooops. UA slipped again.

David
It's probably their own special recipe, which from what I can tell from all of the photos posted of the waffles, appears to be a special 'invisible' sauce.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by lilpisher
Received the cauliflower grain salad - it is served warm and I really enjoyed it. Very vegetable forward and well seasoned. Lots of pepper though, so if you aren’t a pepper person, I’d steer clear. Onboard options were the Thai chicken noodle entree and the impossible meatballs. Both served with same sides we are accustomed to.

Given how much onion is in that thing, it's surprising it's unlisted on the pre-order menu.

I, too, wish the chicken curry noodle was the Thai version from 1-2 years ago but alas...for my next flight, Falafel it is.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Originally Posted by seanp7
I, too, wish the chicken curry noodle was the Thai version from 1-2 years ago but alas...for my next flight, Falafel it is.
My mistake - vegetarian here so only half pay attention (especially now that the vegetarian options are normally decent). Update my post to reflect the chicken curry.

And agree on the onions - also wasn’t sure what happened to the avocado from the description.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by seanp7
Given how much onion is in that thing, it's surprising it's unlisted on the pre-order menu.

No thanks to the Thai chicken !! We’ve been over-served that on transcon Polaris flights (EWR-SFO/LAX) over the past few years !
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA

The cauliflower salad thing. I will say that the only flavor it featured was pepper, and that I do not plan on ordering it again in the future.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 12:34 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
No thanks to the Thai chicken !! We’ve been over-served that on transcon Polaris flights (EWR-SFO/LAX) over the past few years !
I think OP is looking for the Polaris Thai chicken dish, with the delicious lemongrass broth, as opposed to the mushy faux-Pad Thai that's being served today.
seanp7, MatthewLAX and United747 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.