Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2021, 6:13 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, B6, WN
Originally Posted by UAalltheway
Not sure the credibility, but per an FA last week, glassware will allegedly be making its comeback within two weeks. One can hope.
Anyone else heard anything about this? Seems overdue now that AA is bringing back glassware and PDB, among other service perks, starting 11/10.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first
To be fair, AA is doing this as well (through 11/10) and so is DL with the exception of the few premium transcon flights they recently brought back glassware on
I flew SEA-JFK back in June on DL, and was provided with glassware as part of the meal. Another data point more recently JFK-SFO.

AA has been providing menus and glassware on certain routes (e.g. MIA-LAX) - was on this route back in February. Also on SFO-JFK recently, ditto.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Repooc17
AA has been providing menus and glassware on certain routes (e.g. MIA-LAX) - was on this route back in February. Also on SFO-JFK recently, ditto.
I flew AA Flagship First JFK-LAX on Thursday. There was a menu, but no glassware. Nuts were back, albeit unheated. Food was shrink-wrapped.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
I flew SEA-JFK back in June on DL, and was provided with glassware as part of the meal. Another data point more recently JFK-SFO.

You had glassware on AA in Feb? I flew LAX-MIA in June and they didn't have glassware that time. Although they did have Lanson black label brut which I like. But in any case Im surprised they would have glass during the pandemic then revert it back to plastic.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bourbonbum
Anyone else heard anything about this? Seems overdue now that AA is bringing back glassware and PDB, among other service perks, starting 11/10.
I’ve also heard the glasses will return on 10/15, but not official confirmation.

Originally Posted by flyingrohit
You had glassware on AA in Feb? I flew LAX-MIA in June and they didn't have glassware that time. Although they did have Lanson black label brut which I like. But in any case Im surprised they would have glass during the pandemic then revert it back to plastic.
I’ve flown LAX-JFK/MIA and even LHR in 2021 on AA—no glasses.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Have flown JFK-SFO & MIA-LAX in J a few times on AA this year and never received glassware. Maybe in F? Always got a printed menu though.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
For the past eight posts, I thought I was in the AA Forum.

I look forward to learning even more about the gastronomic offerings on United Air Lines.
❤️ 💙
Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer

I look forward to learning even more about the gastronomic offerings on United Air Lines.
❤️ 💙
In short, no glasses...for now!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND

AA hasn't provided glassware on ANY domestic flight for over a year now so you must have gotten confused. Even super long flights such as CLT HNL that are sold now as Flagship Business don't get any glassware and even F on 77W MIA LAX or 321T JFK LAX/SFO doesn't receive glassware either. Menus yes, glassware no.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
DL, AA, what's the difference? When you've flown one OA (other airline) you've flown them all. 💙 💛
Old Oct 9, 2021, 8:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer

I second that

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Only 2 choices on HNL-ORD today. Chicken Katsu or Vegetarian Fried Rice
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
I've bounced around the UA system in the US about a dozen times in the last 5 weeks and all they've offered is thai chicken or butternut squash ravioli on every single lunch/dinner flight, including PS routes. Are they serving any other entrees?

I was offered soba noodle salad or cheeseburger as a second meal on some DEN-KOA flights, but nothing but those 2 other choices throughout the U.S. system.
Out of curiosity, we’re these all premium transcon flights or similar? I’m flying IAD-SEA next week (5:30 PM departure) and if the UA website is to be believed, all I’m getting is “a choice of sandwiches”. Would be nice to have some kind of hot meal to look forward to on a 5.5 hour flight!
Old Oct 10, 2021, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by danwer930
I’m flying IAD-SEA next week (5:30 PM departure) and if the UA website is to be believed, all I’m getting is “a choice of sandwiches”. Would be nice to have some kind of hot meal to look forward to on a 5.5 hour flight!
Don't believe UA.com. Since your flight is 1,500+ miles, you get a full meal... the usual chicken orzo or enchilada. Plus the main reason to fly UA, the Pie in the Sky dessert.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 8:22 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by danwer930
Out of curiosity, we’re these all premium transcon flights or similar? I’m flying IAD-SEA next week (5:30 PM departure) ....
IAD-SEA is not a UA premium transon route BUT will received standard >1,500 mile domestic First service with two hot meal choice
danwer930 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.