Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:58 am

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
My recent UA experiences are that you get 2 out of 3:

1) "Thank you for your business" welcome message
2) Attentive refill offers/generally warm service throughout the flight
3) Food service as advertised

IAD-SEA UA326 had #1 and #3, pie-in-the-sky heated and gooey, along with the warmed pretzel roll (first pic)
PAE-DEN UA5498 had #2 and #3 (snackboxes, no pic necessary)
DEN-IAD UA461 had #1 and #2...pie-in-the-sky unheated...and what's with the plastic cutlery??!! (second pic)

Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Got metal utensils between HNL and SFO (daytime) and IAH-HNL. Certainly can’t complain about quantity of food on long-haul Hawaii now. Quality also wasn’t bad. Pretty good breakfast burrito at IAH UC.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
What is served on midcon or “p.s” redeye flights? The veggie enchiladas v chicken choice? Or sandwiches?

Eg SFO-ORD or SFO-EWR on a widebody. About to purchase both. Thanks in advance!
Originally Posted by econ
The PTS red-eyes (e.g. SFO-EWR) get the same choices as the lunch/dinner time flights (some variation of chicken or pasta/ravioli), IME.

Don't know what the SFO-ORD red-eyes are getting nowadays.
SFO-ORD redeyes (and any other redeyes long enough to qualify for meal service) get the standard non-PS choices of chicken with orzo or veggie enchiladas. Some might argue that this represents a catering upgrade over pre-pandemic service, which was typically a pass of the snack basket or a plated snack like a cheeseburger.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Does EWR-ORD currently have meals in F? I thought it was all hub to hub routes but the UA site is saying no meals
Old Oct 4, 2021, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dkc192
SFO-ORD redeyes (and any other redeyes long enough to qualify for meal service) get the standard non-PS choices of chicken with orzo or veggie enchiladas. Some might argue that this represents a catering upgrade over pre-pandemic service, which was typically a pass of the snack basket or a plated snack like a cheeseburger.
Thanks! And thanks to econ above

I agree those newish options feel like an upgrade.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by N104UA
Does EWR-ORD currently have meals in F? I thought it was all hub to hub routes but the UA site is saying no meals
Only hub-to-hub routes 800 miles or greater. No meals between ORD-EWR. Not even the sandwiches. Just a bag with a water bottle, cookie, and pretzels...
Old Oct 4, 2021, 10:13 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Only hub-to-hub routes 800 miles or greater. No meals between ORD-EWR. Not even the sandwiches. Just a bag with a water bottle, cookie, and pretzels...
Thank you kindly.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 10:31 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Maybe it was a one-off, but FA was handing out tapas snack boxes on a 10am EWR-ORD a couple of weeks back. I was surprised.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 12:13 pm

Flying EWR-CUN listed as breakfast and return listed as lunch in two weeks. Any idea what the options will be?
Old Oct 4, 2021, 12:17 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Maybe it was a one-off, but FA was handing out tapas snack boxes on a 10am EWR-ORD a couple of weeks back. I was surprised.
I thought ORD-EWR was an "exception" route bcs it's big business travel?
Old Oct 4, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by physioprof
I thought ORD-EWR was an "exception" route bcs it's big business travel?
It was pre-pandemic, also going back a few years, DCA-ORD and PHL-ORD were also "Business1" routes that had full meals during meal hours. You would also get 500 miles automatically deposited into your account if the flight was more than 15 minutes late.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tmr10001
Flying EWR-CUN listed as breakfast and return listed as lunch in two weeks. Any idea what the options will be?
Outbound will be chorizo egg scramble or waffles, inbound will be a choice of chicken breast in gravy or vegetarian pasta.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 7:56 pm

Programs: Free Agent, Any Status is Accidental
Not sure the credibility, but per an FA last week, glassware will allegedly be making its comeback within two weeks. One can hope.
artvandalay and Dyce like this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
650 cal / no nutritional value sandwiches once again on this week's PHX-ORD this evening.

Point of comparison: Flew out on ORD-PHX on AAnother AAirline this morning and even though the 319 was dirty and old I was surprised (and pleased) to see a fresh fruit, granola and sandwich plate.

SIde note, 745am opening time for the F UC @ ord is getting kinda rediculous. There was a line waiting when I passed by at 730, and a packed terminal because of that 8:00ish bank.

Fresh breakfast ORD-PHX on AAnother AAirline 10/4/2021. United is still only offering prepackaged sandwiches on this route.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
IAD-PHX had the chicken/ veggie enchilada choice. I think the veggie enchilada is one of the best domestic flight F meals I’ve had. They also had the Knob Creek old-fashioneds.

Before departure, I used Amex/PP to go to the AF and VA lounges, which are really good. VA offers a full meal. Skipped the UC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.