Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Oct 19, 21, 1:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness View Post
Agreed….if you like polenta / grits (as I do), it’s not terribly bad. It’s def not as filling as the enchiladas, nor as visually appealing . I’d give it a 6 out of 10…and be ready for a real meal when you land!
I wish you were my AP Chem teacher back in the day as you grade on a lenient curve!

After the enchiladas one way, the switch to polenta was super disappointing on the return IMHO.
Old Oct 19, 21, 7:08 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Anyone fly SJO to LAX (or other > 4 hr US destination) in Biz recently?

I have a return flight from SJO late November. When I booked I was so amazed by the low cost RT ticket ($280 Phx->SJO) that I didn't pay attention to return leg's 6 1/2 hr flight time SJO->LAX.

Any experience recently in biz on this duration 737 flight ? Should catering be better than a standard domestic flight?

I was upgraded on the return the last time I flew SJO->IAH but it's only 3 1/2 hrs and I slept the whole way... it's only $250 to upgrade which is crazy for a 6 1/2 hour flight, but don't want to waste money if it's a junker 737 with no catering. I can slum it in E+ and buy a few cocktails instead and hope for a CPU instead.
Old Oct 19, 21, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott Amb (LTT)
Welcome to the new United. There is no alcohol south of the border in coach - for purchase or otherwise. Why this "rule" exists is utterly beyond me.

Regardless of flight time it will basically be domestic first. Crap food (if it exists), free drinks, no pillows or blankets unless the FA can scrounge and find a rogue one on the plane.

$250 is a good deal if you want a few drinks and a wider seat with fewer people on top of you. I have no idea what CPU looks like on that route and how likely one would be.

-RM
Old Oct 20, 21, 10:14 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I'm currently on UA 6357 from SJC to IAH and today's only option was a cheese platter with milk and cereal. Truly unfortunate for those of us who are lactose intolerant.

Edit: also, no snack boxes were available from economy. This flight only had stroopwafles and pretzels

Last edited by nexus7556; Oct 20, 21 at 10:50 am
Old Oct 20, 21, 11:12 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.0 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador (Lifetime Titanium) Elite, AA Gold
ORD-IAH 19 Oct 1245 pm 739 seat 4B

Choice of the new chicken or the ragu. Went with the chicken. It looks like Kirby had leftover industrial size vats of the Southwest salad that previously adorned the grilled chicken with orzo, and mixed that with newly acquired industrial size vats of rice to replace the orzo. Chicken tasted fine. Pie in the sky was heated. No roll. Unlike previous poster, bubbly was poured from a full-size bottle (did not catch the brand).

unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Oct 20, 21, 11:38 am

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
No new food options other than the "New" chicken and Polenta on my recent ORD>SFO, but the Pie In the Sky for all was heated and put into a pumpkin Halloween candy bucket by the FAs and handed out to each passenger with a napkin after trays were cleared. Actually a fun touch, and still some resourceful FAs out there looking for small ways to improve things.
iluv2fly, SPN Lifer, st530 and 4 others like this.
Old Oct 20, 21, 2:49 pm
O62

Is pre-ordering food back now?
Old Oct 20, 21, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
UA 300 SFO-HNL was choice of short rib, Thai Chicken, or Pasta. Debating to bother trying as I missed out on grabbing a sandwich as I ran from my delayed LAS flight.
SPN Lifer and nexus7556 like this.
Old Oct 20, 21, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by st530 View Post
Choice of the new chicken or the ragu. Went with the chicken. It looks like Kirby had leftover industrial size vats of the Southwest salad that previously adorned the grilled chicken with orzo, and mixed that with newly acquired industrial size vats of rice to replace the orzo. Chicken tasted fine. Pie in the sky was heated. No roll. Unlike previous poster, bubbly was poured from a full-size bottle (did not catch the brand).

I had this on UA2276 from IAD-LAX last night, 5:55p departure, October 19th. Very tasty.
Old Oct 20, 21, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, B6, WN
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer View Post
UA 300 SFO-HNL was choice of short rib, Thai Chicken, or Pasta. Debating to bother trying as I missed out on grabbing a sandwich as I ran from my delayed LAS flight.
Amy experience with the short rib? I like the Thai chicken but have a flight to OGG next month, may be tempted to switch it up if worthwhile.
Old Oct 20, 21, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bourbonbum View Post
Amy experience with the short rib? I like the Thai chicken but have a flight to OGG next month, may be tempted to switch it up if worthwhile.
Hawaii and PS flights seem to be on a monthly rotation, so I wouldn't expect the exact short rib dish that is available this month to be available next month. There might still be short rib, but it might be a different version of the dish.
bourbonbum likes this.
Old Oct 20, 21, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
I had this on UA2276 from IAD-LAX last night, 5:55p departure, October 19th. Very tasty.
Looks like slow and steady improvements. 🤞🏻
Old Oct 20, 21, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by dkc192 View Post
Hawaii and PS flights seem to be on a monthly rotation, so I wouldn't expect the exact short rib dish that is available this month to be available next month. There might still be short rib, but it might be a different version of the dish.
It should be the same short rib dish - it's the other two offerings that rotate.
Old Oct 23, 21, 11:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Caribbean food?

Anyone have recent experiences with F-class breakfast food from ORD-Carribean(STT, SJU, SXM, ETC)
Old Oct 23, 21, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HHonored1 View Post
Anyone have recent experiences with F-class breakfast food from ORD-Carribean(STT, SJU, SXM, ETC)
It’s the same. Scrambled eggs or waffles.
HHonored1 likes this.

Search this Thread