Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Sep 28, 21, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Weatherboy View Post
I've bounced around the UA system in the US about a dozen times in the last 5 weeks and all they've offered is thai chicken or butternut squash ravioli on every single lunch/dinner flight, including PS routes. Are they serving any other entrees?

I was offered soba noodle salad or cheeseburger as a second meal on some DEN-KOA flights, but nothing but those 2 other choices throughout the U.S. system.
No other options for p.s. or long-haul Hawaii. They might change it next month, or more likely next quarter (year).
Old Sep 28, 21, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Food tastes the same with plastic utensils. Indeed, even rich people eat food with plastic utensils- they picnic, for instance.

This strikes me to be where a traveler should WANT the cost-cutting to take place, because the airline can do it without changing the taste of the food or drink or serving less of it.
When I picnic, I take along real utensils and I'm not financially rich, so...

Furthermore, I've broken plastic knives trying to cut those awful sandwiches UA serves on shorter flights in first class.

I look forward to DEN finally solving its catering issues, which will probably be accomplished around the same time hell freezes over.

As always, YMMV...
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 28, 21, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .56 MM, United & Admirals Clubs, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
My recent flights were chicken and orzo or vegetarian enchiladas -- both pretty decent but a little UC cholula helped the enchiladas
Others have reported ravioli.
Does the United Club (UC) offer little plastic packets of Cholula sauce (similar to Taco Bell sauces), or did you borrow a bottle from one UC and leave it with another? Which UC(s)?
Old Sep 28, 21, 10:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer View Post
Does the United Club (UC) offer little plastic packets of Cholula sauce (similar to Taco Bell sauces), ....
Little packets and seen them at a few UCs, IAH recently -- for the burritos?
SPN Lifer and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Sep 28, 21, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Little packets and seen them at a few UCs, IAH recently -- for the burritos?
LAX had them as well.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 29, 21, 12:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
The lack of utensils is an ongoing problem at DEN.
Yep, I had the comically small plastic utensils on the dinner tray on DEN-LAX this past weekend. The Pie-in-the-Sky dessert was served cold too.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 29, 21, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've bounced around the UA system in the US about a dozen times in the last 5 weeks and all they've offered is thai chicken or butternut squash ravioli on every single lunch/dinner flight, including PS routes. Are they serving any other entrees?

I was offered soba noodle salad or cheeseburger as a second meal on some DEN-KOA flights, but nothing but those 2 other choices throughout the U.S. system.
This month, the butternut squash or Thai chicken is only offered for lunch/dinner on eastbound premium transcontinental flights and on westbound flights to Hawaii (along with beef hoison on HI flights). Most domestic routes are stuck on the chicken with orzo or vegetable enchilada...consider your choices a treat!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 29, 21, 12:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
I've bounced around the UA system in the US about a dozen times in the last 5 weeks and all they've offered is thai chicken or butternut squash ravioli on every single lunch/dinner flight, including PS routes.
Same choices on SFO-EWR last week. I thought the Thai Chicken wasn't bad. Wouldn't have any problem ordering it again. Can't stand the butternut squash ravioli.

Packaged cookie for dessert. No sorbet/ice cream.

Real utensils, thankfully. Plastic ones given for the pre-arrival hummus/grapes dish though.

Also, no headphones provided at the seat (believe this was mentioned as an ongoing UA issue in one of the threads).
Old Sep 29, 21, 10:11 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
Because it has been 2 years since we have been on any flight and my wife has some serious food allergies, I am guessing I need to order her special meals for LAS to RSW and back in F. No fish, seafood, soy sauce, strawberries, honey dew mellon or balsamic vinegar. Will they just give her bread and water? TIA.

Last edited by gene2632; Sep 29, 21 at 10:12 pm Reason: spelling
Old Sep 29, 21, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by gene2632 View Post
Because it has been 2 years since we have been on any flight and my wife has some serious food allergies, I am guessing I need to order her special meals for LAS to RSW and back in F. No fish, seafood, soy sauce, strawberries, honey dew mellon or balsamic vinegar. Will they just give her bread and water? TIA.
There are currently no special meals available.

i can access the allergen list to see if any of the currently provided meals contain anything she may be allergic to, if youd like.
Old Sep 29, 21, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy gold
Originally Posted by bsb7140 View Post

i can access the allergen list to see if any of the currently provided meals contain anything she may be allergic to, if youd like.
Could you please find out of the Thai chicken has any trace of peanut in the sauce? Would not like to start off a HI vacation with a peanut allergy attack
Old Sep 29, 21, 10:28 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Because it has been 2 years since we have been on any flight and my wife has some serious food allergies, ,,,,
Best to never depend on airline provided food. Provide your own. This has never been truer than now with the limited catering provided.
Old Sep 29, 21, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer View Post
Could you please find out of the Thai chicken has any trace of peanut in the sauce? Would not like to start off a HI vacation with a peanut allergy attack
The allergens listed for 'Thai chicken with coconut curry sauce' are: Soybeans, Tree Nuts (Coconut)

I do not see any trace of peanut in the ingredient list.
Old Sep 29, 21, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Best you can do is get a snack box, they offer two of them in F, but I think if you ask you can get one of them from coach.
gene2632 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 21, 12:46 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
Originally Posted by bsb7140 View Post

Thanks but since Thai chicken seems to be the current "favorite" and our own experience is that all Thai food is made with a fish sauce base, even the chicken I think we are going to just see what we can grab in our DEN layover. pre 6am out of LAS all we will want to do is grab a nap.

Best to never depend on airline provided food. Provide your own. This has never been truer than now with the limited catering provided.
That is what I was thinking. Anyone know what might be good to brad in DEN with a 65 minute layover?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 30, 21 at 3:16 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member

Search this Thread