Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2021, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by N104UA
Does EWR-ORD currently have meals in F? I thought it was all hub to hub routes but the UA site is saying no meals
I think its dependent on time flown, I recall reading somewhere it was based on how long the flight is.

"domestic routes over 1,500 miles and on hub-to-hub flights over 800 miles or two hours or longer." via TPG - I think EWR - ORD might fall just short of that... unfortunately
Old Oct 4, 2021, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by econ
The PTS red-eyes (e.g. SFO-EWR) get the same choices as the lunch/dinner time flights (some variation of chicken or pasta/ravioli), IME.

Don't know what the SFO-ORD red-eyes are getting nowadays.
Not sure about SFO but did SEA - ORD recently and can attest that the options were the same there too.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
Any thoughts on what IAD-DFW at 8:15 AM and DFW-IAD at 5:15 PM might look like up in F? Hot meal? It says snack on the itin.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 10:53 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by big V
Any thoughts on what IAD-DFW at 8:15 AM and DFW-IAD at 5:15 PM might look like up in F? Hot meal? It says snack on the itin.
Well under the 1,500 mile cutoff @1,142 miles
Old Oct 5, 2021, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Choice of sandwich (with meat or vegetarian) or snack box.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Well under the 1,500 mile cutoff @1,142 miles
Originally Posted by dkc192
Choice of sandwich (with meat or vegetarian) or snack box.
Thank you, FT brain trust! I'm rusty on all things flying and domestic was never my forte, so appreciate the insta response.

I will bring something to eat, based on what I've read about the sandwiches and bring the snack boxes home to my kids. The Buffalo Trace will be mine, however!
Dyce likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
The Buffalo Trace will be mine, however!
Try the Old Fashioned!
big V and Dyce like this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:42 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Thank you, FT brain trust! I'm rusty on all things flying and domestic was never my forte, so appreciate the insta response.

I will bring something to eat, based on what I've read about the sandwiches and bring the snack boxes home to my kids. The Buffalo Trace will be mine, however!
It is sacrilegious, but I've actually enjoyed the sandwiches.

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Try the Old Fashioned!
Its really good in the air, really enjoyed it. I wound up getting an extra from an FA once, but it didn't taste as good on the ground interestingly enough.
big V likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:56 pm

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
Try the Old Fashioned!
Are the Old Fashioneds available on all mainline domestic routes? Or just transcons? What about international?
Old Oct 5, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, B6, WN
Originally Posted by marks88
Are the Old Fashioneds available on all mainline domestic routes? Or just transcons? What about international?
Can't comment on international, but it's been available on all domestic flights I've taken, not just transcon. However, it seems that only a few are stocked so grab one on the first service or they may be gone.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
Originally Posted by bourbonbum
Can't comment on international, but it's been available on all domestic flights I've taken, not just transcon. However, it seems that only a few are stocked so grab one on the first service or they may be gone.
Nice. And i trust this answer given your username!
elitefreak and bourbonbum like this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 2:41 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by bourbonbum
Only two are boarded on each flight. If the FA cannot find them, tell them they are in the red wine drawer.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Only two are boarded on each flight. If the FA cannot find them, tell them they are in the red wine drawer.
Exactly. So many times I’ve seen a sheepish look come across the face of FAs after they insist there are no Old Fashioneds boarded only to find them after I tell them to check the wine drawer!

But you’re right—only two per flight. And domestic/Canada/Latin America only, not longhaul.
SPN Lifer and marks88 like this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
But you’re right—only two per flight.
Managed to get three of them on EWR-SFO early this year. It did take a while for the FA to come back and deliver the last one, so I guess the extra one was hidden around somewhere.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by econ
Managed to get three of them on EWR-SFO early this year. It did take a while for the FA to come back and deliver the last one, so I guess the extra one was hidden around somewhere.
on widebodies, it is two per premium cabin beverage cart, so four are loaded.
artvandalay and econ like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.