Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2021, 9:17 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
SFO-KOA

Any recent reports on the breakfast from SFO-KOA on the 9:15 am? Guessing it's the French toast and eggs with sausage reported elsewhere but was wondering if Hawaii meal might be different. TYIA.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bluedemon211
Any recent reports on the breakfast from SFO-KOA on the 9:15 am? Guessing it's the French toast and eggs with sausage reported elsewhere but was wondering if Hawaii meal might be different. TYIA.
Latest Kirby Kutback - sausage cut from the egg dish. Not sure why...
Old Oct 23, 2021, 10:38 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Latest Kirby Kutback - sausage cut from the egg dish. Not sure why...
Because those of us that ordered the French Toast asked "why no sausage for us"? Didn't want us kids to squabble so nobody gets it. Seriously, that's pretty weak. Sounds like a trip to the UC for some accompaniments for breakfast might be in order. Thanks for the update.
MatthewLAX and nexus7556 like this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 1:23 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Sfo-hnl 10/23

Same exact breakfast as the last 2 months. This is getting pretty boring. It’s not bad but it’s not good. Wish they could at least switch it up every once in a while.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 6:57 am

Programs: UA 1k
PHL-SFO Breakfast

Any insights on breakfast on PHL to SFO?
Old Oct 24, 2021, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by bourbonbum
Amy experience with the short rib? I like the Thai chicken but have a flight to OGG next month, may be tempted to switch it up if worthwhile.
I had the short rib on SFO-HNL in September and it was covered in a barbecue sauce. It was decent as airplane food goes, but my preference for a short rib would have a red wine or mushroom sauce, not barbecue.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any recent 1030AM LAX-IAH F reports, and dinner-hour IAH-BOG? And the reverse?
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:37 pm

I'm flying PHX-ORD in first class later this week. Trying to understand what I should be expecting for food - the booking says Snacks. Is that correct? No sandwiches or hot meal?
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
I'm flying PHX-ORD in first class later this week. Trying to understand what I should be expecting for food - the booking says Snacks. Is that correct? No sandwiches or hot meal?
This route is under the 1500 mile threshold, so you should get a choice of hot plated sandwiches or the snack box.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:52 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
On 7AM flight ORD-EWR, we got the "snack bag", each of which had small water bottle, stroopwafel, mini-pretzels. On 1PM flight EWR-ORD, we got bupkis. Are these the correct catering standards, or should we have gotten the "snack bag" on the EWR-ORD flight too?
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
Just completed PHX-DEN last night in First and received 2 bags of pretzels. Rough catering.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by physioprof
On 7AM flight ORD-EWR, we got the "snack bag", each of which had small water bottle, stroopwafel, mini-pretzels. On 1PM flight EWR-ORD, we got bupkis. Are these the correct catering standards, or should we have gotten the "snack bag" on the EWR-ORD flight too?
Should have gotten the "snack bag".

Quite a come-down from having a proper meal catered for ORD-NYC formerly.
physioprof likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by GlobalServiced
Just completed PHX-DEN last night in First and received 2 bags of pretzels. Rough catering.
"These are the _good_ pretzels!"

David
GlobalServiced likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by DELee
"These are the _good_ pretzels!"

David
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"
GlobalServiced, tstauck and N107UA like this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
LAX-IAD today, 10/15 with primarily a LAX-based crew in F, which was Polaris on a 787.

Breakfast options were waffles with berries or eggs, which was a tasty (albeit salty, and I LURV salt) scramble of eggs, sweet potato, kale, and sausage. Don't know if the sausage was real or plant-based.

Both breakfasts came with a fruit bowl (blueberries, pineapple, honeydew, orange), and a Greek yogurt peach parfait whose first ingredient was cream cheese.

Lovely crew, I had three glasses of sparkling wine and promptly went to sleep.

They then walked through the cabin offering either Biscoff or Stroopwaffle with a beverage about an hour before landing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.