Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MCT for EWR (2012)

https://www.newarkairport.com/at-airport/connecting-flights

United Airlines operates a shuttle bus between Terminals A and C from 5:00am to 10:00pm. In addition, United also operates a shuttle bus connecting Terminal B to Terminals A and C from 10:00am to 10:00pm. The shuttle bus is available at gate A28, B67, and C70 as illustrated in the image above. This service is free and you will not have to go through TSA security again. Please note this shuttle is operated at the sole responsibility of United Airlines and is subject to modification at their discretion.

Archive: Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: Continental
Thanks everyone.
I have seen the blocked off area before.
I'm traveling with an elderly person, so a wheelchair usually gets her through TSA pretty quickly and I have pre-check.
The return flight leaves at 10:25am from TLV...so what time should we get to that airport? We are in BF.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: AA, UA
The gate security operates the same way as the main security. DO NOT buy any liquids at the airport - they will be confiscated, even if bought after the main security.

For your return flight, arrive TLV at least 3 hours before departure.

Last edited by austin_res; Mar 2, 2015 at 10:00 am
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by austin_res
The gate security operates the same way as the main security. DO NOT buy any liquids at the airport - they will be confiscated, even if bought after the main security.

For your return flight, arrive TLV at least 3 hours before departure.
Or even more, if it is your first time through. I had an Ipad2 bought one week from release, and the Xray had not yet made it to TLV prescreen (your electronics can be x-rayed and compared to known device library)

I consumed the entire 3 hour arrival early and just made my flight.

To TLV security credit, it was all very professional and courteous.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K
2 hours was fine for me on the morning flight from TLV last week, not much going on there at that hour. had time to go to duty free as well.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Best UA Intl F lounge in EWR?

Hi Folks,

I searched the other threads on this and there doesn't seem to be many recent posts. I am sending Ms.TFD EWR-AMS on Tuesday in GlobalFirst. What are your suggestions on the best F lounge to use? Specifically she is looking for the lounge with the best food since she plans to board and go right to sleep.

Thanks in advance.

TFD
Old Mar 22, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Task Force DL
Hi Folks,

I searched the other threads on this and there doesn't seem to be many recent posts. I am sending Ms.TFD EWR-AMS on Tuesday in GlobalFirst. What are your suggestions on the best F lounge to use? Specifically she is looking for the lounge with the best food since she plans to board and go right to sleep.

Thanks in advance.

TFD
The United Clubs are available - there is no GF lounge. Food is minimal in the UC
Old Mar 22, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
If food is important, you are not going to any of the UA lounges. There is no UA GFL at EWR unfortunately due to the pmCO legacy of being two-cabin only. Hit up the terminal for a good meal and a drink.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Tell her to buy something to eat on the concourse somewhere.

Originally Posted by adambadam
...There is no UA GFL at EWR unfortunately due to the pmCO legacy of being two-cabin only....
Even if there were, the GFLs are hardly a place for a meal (outside of maybe breakfast)..

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 22, 2015 at 10:26 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Mar 22, 2015, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Task Force DL
Specifically she is looking for the lounge with the best food since she plans to board and go right to sleep.
Leave the lounges and buy a meal in the terminal. That's really the only viable option for this plan.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 11:18 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Agree with the posts above. Neither UA lounge at EWR is much different or anything special. There are some decent eateries in the concourses though.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by adambadam
If food is important, you are not going to any of the UA lounges. There is no UA GFL at EWR unfortunately due to the pmCO legacy of being two-cabin only. Hit up the terminal for a good meal and a drink.
The new food options at EWR-C are both medicre (at best) and verpriced. I'd suggest grabbing something before getting to the airport.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
90-minute international-to-domestic connection at EWR

Arrive at 120p on BA (OpenSkies from ORY) and connecting to a 250p EWR-BOS UA flight. Have Global Entry and Pre-check, but might have checked luggage. Assuming an on-time arrival, how do you feel about this connection?

If I do have checked luggage, would you be comfortable having it tagged all the way through and dropping it at the baggage re-check, or should I bring it over and hand it directly to UA?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:00 pm

Dropping it at re-check should work fine. Better than wasting time by running over to UA and checking it there. Besides, if it does misconnect that just means that you won't have to drag it from Logan to your home/hotel.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The connection is fine, especially because there are later options if you misconnect. I would always check the bag through. If it arrives as it should, you just drop it off and if it doesn't, it will be UA's job to locate it and get it to you.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA MM
Arriving EWR 5 PM from NRT on a Saturday in July. I can get a connection to BOS at 7 or 8:45 PM. No GE. I'm Gold but I'm hearing that the Premier Access lines to re-enter security are now closed most of the time. I'm flying C so I guess I get lounge access if I have to kill time?

Opinions as to whether I should take the tighter connection or the more laid back later one, and get some dinner? (of course I'll be jet lagged to hell and have no idea what time it is by then) Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.