Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

For couples who want to sit “together” in Polaris, even-numbered L seats combined with the odd-numbered F seat one lower in number (e.g. 10L/9F) gives some ability to see/talk across aisle because the openings line up almost exactly.

Standard size rollaboards can only be accommodated in overhead compartments along the window and not in the center bins.

Overhead compartment above 1A is limited to a small bag, and the slightly larger bin is shared with 2A and 2D, which may result in someone in the area putting the bag in row 3 or 4. Often, there is flight supplies stored in the bin above 2A and 3A as well - you can ask the FA to move them.

Misaligned window in the coveted window seats at 7A/L and 17A/L.

Only one window (close to monitor) at 11A/L.

No "front" window on 15A/L, but one next to head and a second useable when reclined.

Oxygen equipment is stored above 12A, which results in unusable bin space. (Note that bin space is pretty generous given spread of seats, so not likely to be a major issue).

No window at 18A/L
related thread
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 / 76Q (30/24/32/117) Polaris+PP
obsolete
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat ("normal J", no PremPlus)
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:38 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Agree with consecutive odd windows. There aren't any preferred seats for couples on the Polaris 767 so just go with two "good" individual seats that are close to each other.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:40 am

Programs: UA Plat | *G
There are no “good seats” for couples. At best just go back-to-back if you want to pop your head over the partition.

One note, be careful if you think you can go “aisle-aisle”. I chose 5F and 5L thinking they were across but they weren’t. It was more like 5F and 6L.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 11:29 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Originally Posted by ROCUAflyer
There are no “good seats” for couples. At best just go back-to-back if you want to pop your head over the partition.

One note, be careful if you think you can go “aisle-aisle”. I chose 5F and 5L thinking they were across but they weren’t. It was more like 5F and 6L.
This. My wife and I got auto assigned 9F and 9L after a aircraft change from 767 non-Polaris to 10 row Polaris (lucky us). We would have preferred 9F and 10L, since both seats are turned into aisle and 9F can turn around and see 10L. Bad thing, no privacy for either.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
I didn't recommend 11A (I'm not familiar enough with individual seats to recommend which have offset windows, etc), but you *DID* say you were on an overnight flight. The only recommendation I see since you posted asking about 11A is someone who said they had a good experience in 11L. Perhaps the layout is slightly different between the 2 sides? I have no idea...
The seat behind me 12A had 2 Windows, 11A had one window and then a large wall blank space. In my opinion 12A Would be the way to go as you have a much greater window view from the different recline positions of your seat. 11A only offers a view when you’re seated upright
Old Jan 31, 2020, 3:52 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by findark
I would just do two consecutive odd-row window seats (eg. 3A and 5A) and see each other when you land. Polaris is just not set up for conversation in-flight. If you share the same aisle you can at least poke your head in and say hi on the way back from the lav.

Note Row 7 is missing a window.
Totally endorse. The odd windows are so much better than any other seats, and there is no pair where you can actually "be together" like in 1AB domestic or whatever.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just booked friends ORD-LHR mid-Feb in PP: what seats would you recommend for a family of 3?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Hi, I am travelling with my wife and 8 y/o daugther , and was wondering what seats to take ( can pick any right now, have row 9 just to have them at booking) . I would like both of us to be able to see her/ help out with dinner / drinks etc.

On this config, do they do the same as the 777 where the two middle row seats are next to each other and the partition inbetween can go down?
How does it work with isle access, do the odd middle row access the starboard side and the even seats access the port side ?
For my needs, do you think best config is daugher in say 9f and my wife and I in 9L and 10L ?
Are there any preferred rows for footwells/ or rows to avoid due to galley / toilets etc ?

thx
Old Feb 1, 2020, 4:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by simonoaks
... On this config, do they do the same as the 777 where the two middle row seats are next to each other and the partition inbetween can go down? ...
No This configure is not couple or family friendly, All the seats are isolated like solo business travels like.
... How does it work with isle access, do the odd middle row access the starboard side and the even seats access the port side ? ...
yes
... For my needs, do you think best config is daugher in say 9f and my wife and I in 9L and 10L ? ...
The young one might like a windown seat, there is no combination where three can have a conversation. That was the tradeoff to get all aisle access.
... Are there any preferred rows for footwells/ or rows to avoid due to galley / toilets etc ? ...
Lots of thoughts in the thread on this, mostly common sense. The footwells are similar but some variation for straight vs angle.
simonoaks likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 1, 2020 at 4:53 pm Reason: repaired formatting
Old Feb 1, 2020, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
I did this in Sept with a 3 yr old and sat him in the window adjacent seat then my wife sat in the seat in front of him, and I sat in the middle row, aisle seat just behind him.
He was nicely cocooned and if he went forward or back, one of us saw him to help. The only challenge was take off and landing, where he had to behave and not get out of his seat. 90% success....
simonoaks likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:58 pm

United Polaris Business class 1-1-1 privacy walls

Really struggling with an upgrade from Premium Plus on United 767-300 to Business Class for parents (age 77) traveling Chicago to Heathrow. I've studied everything I can and still wonder if benefits outweigh no side by side seats. I see the A/D, same column and F/L comments. On my 4th call to United, I asked if there were privacy walls/screens on the aisle that could be lowered. I was told there were and a FA could assist if needed.
As no one had mentioned this in the many reviews and posts I've studied, I am dubious.
Can anyone confirm or deny this?

(And, what is "fully recline" on premium plus? Is it like a car seat or almost full flat?)

Thanks much!
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:34 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, lpope93
Originally Posted by lpope93
Really struggling with an upgrade from Premium Plus on United 767-300 to Business Class for parents (age 77) traveling Chicago to Heathrow. I've studied everything I can and still wonder if benefits outweigh no side by side seats. I see the A/D, same column and F/L comments. On my 4th call to United, I asked if there were privacy walls/screens on the aisle that could be lowered. I was told there were and a FA could assist if needed.
As no one had mentioned this in the many reviews and posts I've studied, I am dubious.
Can anyone confirm or deny this? ...
for the 77x and 787-10, there are seats with a lowerable privacy barrier, for the 763/764, there are no seats that these makes any sense to have. There is not a good couple's seat for the 763.

(And, what is "fully recline" on premium plus? Is it like a car seat or almost full flat?)
The PP seats have more recline than economy seats (about 6 inches) vs the 4 inches in economy. Definitely not lay-flat
Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience might be helpful
Old Feb 26, 2020, 2:16 pm

Thanks for the recline info and confirming what I had read on various posts that there wasn't a solidly good seating option for a couple. I was hoping here was new thoughts or options. I appreciate the reply.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 3:05 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Thanks for the recline info and confirming what I had read on various posts that there wasn't a solidly good seating option for a couple. I was hoping here was new thoughts or options. I appreciate the reply.
I fly LHR-EWR route frequently with my wife on 763, and we are perfectly happy doing our own things in our separate pods & visiting one another every hour or so to say hello. Perhaps your parents would be OK with this? Because the Polaris seats are VASTLY more comfortable than PP.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by physioprof
I fly LHR-EWR route frequently with my wife on 763, and we are perfectly happy doing our own things in our separate pods & visiting one another every hour or so to say hello. Perhaps your parents would be OK with this? Because the Polaris seats are VASTLY more comfortable than PP.
This. If you are on the same aisle it's easy to pop in and say hi from time to time. We even did 9A and 9L once (frame swaps) and it was just fine. "Sharing the whole flight" is not going to happen in this Polaris cabin.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
I’m wondering if folks think upgrade percentages will be better/easier on these high-J 767 aircraft. I’m waitlisted for PZ on an upcoming high-J 767; economy is pretty heavily booked while J and PP are pretty empty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.