Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

For couples who want to sit “together” in Polaris, even-numbered L seats combined with the odd-numbered F seat one lower in number (e.g. 10L/9F) gives some ability to see/talk across aisle because the openings line up almost exactly.

Standard size rollaboards can only be accommodated in overhead compartments along the window and not in the center bins.

Overhead compartment above 1A is limited to a small bag, and the slightly larger bin is shared with 2A and 2D, which may result in someone in the area putting the bag in row 3 or 4. Often, there is flight supplies stored in the bin above 2A and 3A as well - you can ask the FA to move them.

Misaligned window in the coveted window seats at 7A/L and 17A/L.

Only one window (close to monitor) at 11A/L.

No "front" window on 15A/L, but one next to head and a second useable when reclined.

Oxygen equipment is stored above 12A, which results in unusable bin space. (Note that bin space is pretty generous given spread of seats, so not likely to be a major issue).

No window at 18A/L
related thread
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 / 76Q (30/24/32/117) Polaris+PP
obsolete
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat ("normal J", no PremPlus)
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2024, 11:48 am

J seating question

Hi all, flying soon on high J from IAD to GVA. Currently is 7A. Top priority is sleep and I am not concerned about window access. Row 1 is not an option. For comfort and longest pitch in lie-flat mode, as well as large footwell, is F better than A or L? I know F has more space around the seat but have read conflicting reports on footwell size and pitch between A/L and F. Thank you!
Old Apr 23, 2024, 6:16 am

We’re in 20 AB from EWR-LHR. I understand there is a light near the seat because of the bathroom. Other than eyeshade, any tips to sleeping upright in Premium Plus? Upgrade went from $1780 to 940 pp. Still too high for a 7h 20 m flight.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 1K - 1 MM, Marriott LT-Plt, Hyatt Glb
Originally Posted by oziyal
Hi all, flying soon on high J from IAD to GVA. Currently is 7A. Top priority is sleep and I am not concerned about window access. Row 1 is not an option. For comfort and longest pitch in lie-flat mode, as well as large footwell, is F better than A or L? I know F has more space around the seat but have read conflicting reports on footwell size and pitch between A/L and F. Thank you!
IME footwell size varies with row #, not between A,F, and L. Row 1 is the only larger one in this configuration. If A, F, and L are different it is by millimeters.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 11:33 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by zitsky
.... Other than eyeshade, any tips to sleeping upright in Premium Plus? .....
Eye shades, earplugs or noise cancelling headset, and if you need a blanket / pillow to make yourself comfortable. People differ on this, but I don't eat a heavy meal before or on the flight. Time shift as much as you prior to the day of travel (to European time). EWR-LHR is a short TATL flight and if sleep is the goal, some prep is helpful.

Note the curtain between Polaris and PremPlus will decrease the light from the Polaris lav.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.