Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

For couples who want to sit “together” in Polaris, even-numbered L seats combined with the odd-numbered F seat one lower in number (e.g. 10L/9F) gives some ability to see/talk across aisle because the openings line up almost exactly.

Standard size rollaboards can only be accommodated in overhead compartments along the window and not in the center bins.

Overhead compartment above 1A is limited to a small bag, and the slightly larger bin is shared with 2A and 2D, which may result in someone in the area putting the bag in row 3 or 4. Often, there is flight supplies stored in the bin above 2A and 3A as well - you can ask the FA to move them.

Misaligned window in the coveted window seats at 7A/L and 17A/L.

Only one window (close to monitor) at 11A/L.

No "front" window on 15A/L, but one next to head and a second useable when reclined.

Oxygen equipment is stored above 12A, which results in unusable bin space. (Note that bin space is pretty generous given spread of seats, so not likely to be a major issue).

No window at 18A/L
related thread
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 / 76Q (30/24/32/117) Polaris+PP
obsolete
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat ("normal J", no PremPlus)
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: UA 1k
I'm Booked on EWR-LHR tomorrow in PP. Took 20A, will see how the bulk head is / relative leg room et and report back.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by oblisk
I'm Booked on EWR-LHR tomorrow in PP. Took 20A, will see how the bulk head is / relative leg room et and report back.
I was in 20A this past Thursday...curious to read about your experience as well!!

Originally Posted by Sterndogg
Flew EWR-LHR this past Thursday at 7pm. Service was outstanding - attentive crew and exceptionally pleasant throughout the flight. Needless to say rather impressed there.

Upon arriving at seat - blankets, pillow, headphones, amenity kit, bottle of water and menu.

Sat Bulkhead/Exit row 20A (window). The Good: No one in front of you; extra couple of inches because of the bulkhead cutout; leg rest worked well along with seat width and decent armrests. I'm 5'8 155 lbs but by the end of the flight started to get a little uncomfortable. The bad: There is a J lavatory across from the row so can get annoying even with the "curtain" in place. TV screen smaller than seat back ones. When the screen is folded down your right leg is impeded and width becomes snug. USB/Power is crammed way into side of the seat and difficult to see. No storage space.

Window bulkhead/exit row seats have a couple extra inches of space. Aisles not so much.

J lavatory across from you. Best seat is 20L since no lav on that side and extra legroom. Middle PP section (can't see in pic) also has a bulkhead in front of pass-through and offers more privacy.

Screen "resting" position is annoying as feel cramped.

Meal service: Drink selection pre-dinner and during were asked ahead of time and had no issues ordering a G&T with two Bombay bottles. I ordered white wine for the start of dinner and it arrived in the "economy-style" bottle with pre-dinner drink. During dinner, wine was poured from 750ml bottles and they may have been from J since of somewhat better quality (bar is still very low here). My seat mate and I both had a Glenfarclas for a "nite cap" before watching some flicks. Water glasses were passed out a couple times during flight.

Initially presented - better than economy.

Overall I was pleased but would not pay more than $299 (depending on timing of flight, etc.) above a regular economy ticket for a 6-8hr flight if you have a good E+ seat even with the bonus PQMs. Even with a B fare on the BOS-EWR segment I was #24 on the waitlist haha. On the return I was in 31A bulkhead E+ window which was fine for an 8hr flight and had plenty of legroom. The cushion did become uncomfortable after awhile but made sure to get up and stretch a couple of times. At check-in, was offered $459 to upgrade to PP and $499 to Polaris. Biggest variable will be the crew which can make or break the experience. The high density 763 is well...definitely tight. Biz looks crazy cramped upfront too. The middle two PP seats also have a bulkhead are not aligned with the two window-aisle sections and offer more privacy since the lav is blocked but legroom looked a bit less.

Hope this helps a bit for real life experience seat selection on the 763.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Sterndogg
I was in 20A this past Thursday...curious to read about your experience as well!!
Thanks a lot for this report, it was very useful! I was wondering about whether to pick (-/non) bulkhead aisle/window and couldn't find many photos of the PP cabin. I had a couple of questions:
1. Would you say that in 20A , if you had a seatmate in 20B, you could get out without disturbing them if they had the legrest deployed, or does the protuding seatback wall from the last Polaris row make getting past them difficult? It looks like the bulkhead area narrows in your description, but at its narrowest is it still wider in the leg area than a non-bulkhead row? Is it comparable to bulkhead PP on 777-300 or 777-200?
2. Did you find sitting by the exitdoor makes it very cold in flight?
Thank you
Old Sep 26, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by under2100
Thanks a lot for this report, it was very useful! I was wondering about whether to pick (-/non) bulkhead aisle/window and couldn't find many photos of the PP cabin. I had a couple of questions:
1. Would you say that in 20A , if you had a seatmate in 20B, you could get out without disturbing them if they had the legrest deployed, or does the protuding seatback wall from the last Polaris row make getting past them difficult? It looks like the bulkhead area narrows in your description, but at its narrowest is it still wider in the leg area than a non-bulkhead row? Is it comparable to bulkhead PP on 777-300 or 777-200?
2. Did you find sitting by the exitdoor makes it very cold in flight?
Thank you
Flew 20A last sat, will write a bit of a report on it after i fly non bulk head PP tmr.

1. Yes, but will depend on your nimblness and size, and other persons size and current position. I was able to, but it wasn't like the big bulk heads in economy on 777.

2. It was quite cold blanket + compression socks + shoes, my feet were still quite chilly.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Anyone have any reports (first hand knowledge, etc) of the difference between a D and F business class seat? I'm hoping for an odd numbered window seat, but if none are available if/when my upgrade goes through, I may be "stuck" in one of D/F seats. Pictures would be great! Thanks!

Last edited by mpiotrow; Oct 9, 2019 at 5:25 pm
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
How's 1L in this configuration?
Old Nov 28, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis PP, and others
I’ve been watching and rewatching the TPG video of this plane to understand the configuration. It looks like in J, the odd number window seats (except 7 and 11) would be my preference, so I chose 15L since that was the next available. Hopefully, it is forward enough to where the lav between J and PE is non-issue.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:19 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Do any of the odd numbered windows seats in Polaris have missing or strangely configure windows?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: United
Hi. I am traveling EWR-LON on PP as a solo on 767-300. Would you advise first row window (20) of PP is better for sleeping etc than a row or two further back? Is there more leg room etc and taking into account that am traveling on my own? Thank you
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by elfjets
I’ve been watching and rewatching the TPG video of this plane to understand the configuration. It looks like in J, the odd number window seats (except 7 and 11) would be my preference, so I chose 15L since that was the next available. Hopefully, it is forward enough to where the lav between J and PE is non-issue.
Just curious. Why would 11 by a window not be ideal ? And was 15 OK? Looking at this for a night flight and just want to sleep.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by zagat4
Just curious. Why would 11 by a window not be ideal ? And was 15 OK? Looking at this for a night flight and just want to sleep.
Probably because those rows just have one window rather than two.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 7:09 am
Original Member

Hello all
Does anyone have any experience with row 31 / bulkhead in Economy Plus - 31AB and 31KL. I am 6’8” and trying to weigh up whether it is best to take row 31 or one of the standard Economy Plus aisle seats. Thanks for any insights.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by oblisk
Flew 20A last sat, will write a bit of a report on it after i fly non bulk head PP tmr.

1. Yes, but will depend on your nimblness and size, and other persons size and current position. I was able to, but it wasn't like the big bulk heads in economy on 777.

2. It was quite cold blanket + compression socks + shoes, my feet were still quite chilly.
Flying back in PP. Can be in row 20 or 21 - any thoughts on best seat for solo traveler, daytime?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 2:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by zagat4
Flying back in PP. Can be in row 20 or 21 - any thoughts on best seat for solo traveler, daytime?
Window or aisle preference?
Middle bulkhead aisle can work nicely as there is direct aisle access for all
Old Jan 3, 2020, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Window or aisle preference?
Middle bulkhead aisle can work nicely as there is direct aisle access for all
I tend to like window.... but if the middle bulkhead is a nice seat for a dayflght that could be interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.