Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

For couples who want to sit “together” in Polaris, even-numbered L seats combined with the odd-numbered F seat one lower in number (e.g. 10L/9F) gives some ability to see/talk across aisle because the openings line up almost exactly.

Standard size rollaboards can only be accommodated in overhead compartments along the window and not in the center bins.

Overhead compartment above 1A is limited to a small bag, and the slightly larger bin is shared with 2A and 2D, which may result in someone in the area putting the bag in row 3 or 4. Often, there is flight supplies stored in the bin above 2A and 3A as well - you can ask the FA to move them.

Misaligned window in the coveted window seats at 7A/L and 17A/L.

Only one window (close to monitor) at 11A/L.

No "front" window on 15A/L, but one next to head and a second useable when reclined.

Oxygen equipment is stored above 12A, which results in unusable bin space. (Note that bin space is pretty generous given spread of seats, so not likely to be a major issue).

No window at 18A/L
related thread
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 / 76Q (30/24/32/117) Polaris+PP
obsolete
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat ("normal J", no PremPlus)
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by zagat4
Just happily got upgraded to Polaris LHR-EWR. Currently assigned 9L, which is a window. Other seats are available. This is a day flight, altho I have the same flight for the outbound night flight. I like privacy. Is this the best seat? Thank you for any thoughts.
I had 9L on a recent daytime EWR-LHR. Thought it was a perfect seat for that flight. No complaints at all from me.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:43 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Odd-L is definitely the best seat class on this plane, but 1L is kind of close to the bathroom and people waiting to use it sometimes lurk in the seat entry space to stay out of the way of galley ingress & egress. And as pointed out above, there are some odd-Ls with three full windows, some with two full windows, and a few with only one or even no window. I also forget which is which. 3L is my favorite!
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Can't really go wrong with the odd number seats, unless you miss a window and I forget which seat that is. The are positioned straight forward, unlike the even numbers which angle to the aisle. I find them to have more space too, or at least the perception of more space.
IIRC it's 7 A/L with the missing window.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Any issues at all with 11A I have that selected for an overnight flight next week?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Originally Posted by physioprof
Odd-L is definitely the best seat class on this plane, but 1L is kind of close to the bathroom and people waiting to use it sometimes lurk in the seat entry space to stay out of the way of galley ingress & egress. And as pointed out above, there are some odd-Ls with three full windows, some with two full windows, and a few with only one or even no window. I also forget which is which. 3L is my favorite!
1L has been my go to for daytime flights. The galley seems to be far enough in front and the bathroom infrequently visited that it's not been a bother. Plus, being tucked in the way the seat is designed helps. I love the fact I'm first off the plane, though YMMV on whether that's enough reason to have potential irritations from traffic. For night flights I've stuck to the L or A odd seats in the middle. Forward of the engine, farther from the galley.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by physioprof
Why odd L, and not include odd A?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 8:58 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Because on approach to LHR from odd L you’ll get a magnificent view of central London?

Most Heathrow flights land west to east and that means the approach is right along the Thames. And all the major sites are on the north side. It’s also weather permitting. But better a view of Westminster from L than Wandsworth from A.

And while you can see it from 17L the view is restricted by the wing. 3/5/7/9L have the best views.
Flying Machine, narvik and VRFast like this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:28 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Originally Posted by usbusinesstraveller
Because on approach to LHR from odd L you’ll get a magnificent view of central London?

Most Heathrow flights land west to east and that means the approach is right along the Thames. And all the major sites are on the north side. It’s also weather permitting. But better a view of Westminster from L than Wandsworth from A.

And while you can see it from 17L the view is restricted by the wing. 3/5/7/9L have the best views.
I had a good view from 11L when I flew in December. We came in from the east right over the Thames. I took a video and pics of it. Will try to attach it later.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by usbusinesstraveller

I guess I didn’t read that thoroughly that you were suggesting the L because of view on approach to LHR. I was just checking the quality of the seat location because I’ve never flown Polaris on this type of aircraft before and have a journey next week in11 A
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:19 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Substantially more aisle traffic during boarding on the A side compared to the L side. Not a big deal, obvs, but I always take L when I can.
Flying Machine and VRFast like this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 4:29 pm

Just boarded 11 A is not that great do you have a window view when your seat is fully upright, then when you recline there’s a wall so you need to be seated upright to look out the window, Surprised why others suggested row 11
Old Jan 28, 2020, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Any issues at all with 11A I have that selected for an overnight flight next week?
Just boarded 11 A is not that great do you have a window view when your seat is fully upright, then when you recline there’s a wall so you need to be seated upright to look out the window, Surprised why others suggested row 11
I didn't recommend 11A (I'm not familiar enough with individual seats to recommend which have offset windows, etc), but you *DID* say you were on an overnight flight. The only recommendation I see since you posted asking about 11A is someone who said they had a good experience in 11L. Perhaps the layout is slightly different between the 2 sides? I have no idea...
Old Jan 28, 2020, 4:53 pm

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite

View from 11L on approach to Heathrow from the east to west. Sorry about the blurry picture and reflection.

Not sure about how far you can recline seat and get a good view out the window. I don’t think this seat is any worse than others in that respect.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 28, 2020 at 5:11 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Jan 30, 2020, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Best seats for 2 people on United 767 Polaris

Hi

I am flying with my other half on a UA 767-300 with 18 rows of Polaris. Where are the best seats for 2 together as the 1-1-1 layout seems best suited for individual travellers as far as I can see?

Would you suggest, for example, 3A for one of us and 4A for the other, even though 4A offers less privacy, or 3A and 5A, so not together but good privacy for both?

Or 3A and 3F etc?

I'm usually BA but UA had much better prices on our dates so I don't know the Polaris suite or cabin at all.

Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2020, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I would just do two consecutive odd-row window seats (eg. 3A and 5A) and see each other when you land. Polaris is just not set up for conversation in-flight. If you share the same aisle you can at least poke your head in and say hi on the way back from the lav.

Note Row 7 is missing a window.
EWR764 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.