Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

For couples who want to sit “together” in Polaris, even-numbered L seats combined with the odd-numbered F seat one lower in number (e.g. 10L/9F) gives some ability to see/talk across aisle because the openings line up almost exactly.

Standard size rollaboards can only be accommodated in overhead compartments along the window and not in the center bins.

Overhead compartment above 1A is limited to a small bag, and the slightly larger bin is shared with 2A and 2D, which may result in someone in the area putting the bag in row 3 or 4. Often, there is flight supplies stored in the bin above 2A and 3A as well - you can ask the FA to move them.

Misaligned window in the coveted window seats at 7A/L and 17A/L.

Only one window (close to monitor) at 11A/L.

No "front" window on 15A/L, but one next to head and a second useable when reclined.

Oxygen equipment is stored above 12A, which results in unusable bin space. (Note that bin space is pretty generous given spread of seats, so not likely to be a major issue).

No window at 18A/L
related thread
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 / 76Q (30/24/32/117) Polaris+PP
obsolete
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat ("normal J", no PremPlus)
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2021, 3:33 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Econ plus bulkhead row 30

Any experience with economy bulkhead row 30? Normal for united bulkhead, or better or worse. Looking at 30f on a mostly full flight
Old Mar 20, 2021, 8:53 am

Any preferences among 3/5/9AL? Flying JFK-SFO in April; 1AL are taken, but otherwise the odd seats are wide open. Skipping 7AL due to the missing windows
Old Mar 20, 2021, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mehitabel
Any preferences among 3/5/9AL? Flying JFK-SFO in April; 1AL are taken, but otherwise the odd seats are wide open. Skipping 7AL due to the missing windows
I would pick 3 for faster disembarkation, a quieter ride, and higher likelihood of getting my first meal choice, though it's a very slight preference. 9 might be better if you enjoy a slight engine view from your window.

The meal choice aspect shouldn't really apply now: with only two choices available and order taking by status seemingly on hold, they should still have both by row 9 assuming they cater for a full cabin. If/when they go back to having three choices for PS and four choices for long-haul Polaris, you could run out of one or two choices by row 9.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by dkc192
The meal choice aspect shouldn't really apply now: with only two choices available and order taking by status seemingly on hold
Since when? I’ve been on several flights this month where the FA has bounced around the cabin taking meal orders for what I can only presume was GS/1K priority.
iluv2fly likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 3:00 pm

Row 3 and 9 will each have 3 full windows. Row 5 is about 2.5 windows.

I think if there’s “VIP” seat on this aircraft it’s the bulkhead, or row 9.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by tuolumne
Row 3 and 9 will each have 3 full windows. Row 5 is about 2.5 windows.

I think if there’s “VIP” seat on this aircraft it’s the bulkhead, or row 9.
Thanks! And thanks to dkc192 too. I'm going with 9 for now as the load is so light I don't see cause to worry about disembarkation or meal selection.
tuolumne likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 4:19 pm

Note for people / couples traveling together who want some ability to communicate in flight without standing moving around -- 15 F and 16 L line up. Recently was assigned 15 F and 15 L as the seat map looks like they're in line, but they aren't. However, 15 L is a much more private seat and better for getting sleep compared to 16 L.
opusx100 and onthesam like this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B9, AA, DL, WN
I may have missed a post upstream, but if not, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the much larger side table and storage "bin" for the F seats (odd rows, center stack). I didn't notice these until deplaning, but was immediately surprised when I saw the huge difference. I've never liked the True Polaris in-seat storage/organization, or lack thereof, so will definitely choose F seats in the future. For long-haul and overnight flights especially, I'd much rather have space & convenience than a relative few minutes of a view.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by higher_flyer
I may have missed a post upstream, but if not, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the much larger side table and storage "bin" for the F seats (odd rows, center stack). I didn't notice these until deplaning, but was immediately surprised when I saw the huge difference. I've never liked the True Polaris in-seat storage/organization, or lack thereof, so will definitely choose F seats in the future. For long-haul and overnight flights especially, I'd much rather have space & convenience than a relative few minutes of a view.
A few folks spend a whole bunch of time staring out and at the windows on some of these flights...

David
artvandalay likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 7:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I'm currently looking at a 763 high-J seatmap that indicates starting after row 12 the odd/even window/aisle-facing A/L seats swap (for example, it shows 18L as being closer to the window while 17L is facing the aisle). This differs from the seatmap posted on this thread's wiki. I thought that all odd numbered window seats would be the more private ones closer to the window (not facing the aisle)?

Any idea if this is a typo on UA's part or are their multiple 763 high-J seating configurations? Thanks!

-FlyerBeek

Old Mar 24, 2021, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I'm currently looking at a 763 high-J seatmap that indicates starting after row 12 the odd/even window/aisle-facing A/L seats swap (for example, it shows 18L as being closer to the window while 17L is facing the aisle). This differs from the seatmap posted on this thread's wiki. I thought that all odd numbered window seats would be the more private ones closer to the window (not facing the aisle)?

Any idea if this is a typo on UA's part or are their multiple 763 high-J seating configurations? Thanks!

-FlyerBeek
This is a clear error on UA's part. 15 and 17 are closer to the window, whereas 16 and 18 face the aisle.
FlyerBeek and zeus2120 like this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by dkc192
This is a clear error on UA's part. 15 and 17 are closer to the window, whereas 16 and 18 face the aisle.
Thank you, dkc192! Figured that was the case. Odd that the seatmap has slightly changed since it was previously showing the accurate configuration.

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 27, 2021, 3:47 pm

How reliable is the wifi on these planes? Or is flaky wifi not a function of craft but something else? I’m planning a few flights on the new SFO-JFK route, and it would help to know the odds of connectivity
Old Mar 27, 2021, 8:52 pm

How reliable is the wifi on these planes? Or is flaky wifi not a function of craft but something else? I’m planning a few flights on the new SFO-JFK route, and it would help to know the odds of connectivity
I've had no issues with the wifi on UA's 763s (hi-J Polaris or otherwise). Even on the transatlantic flights I regularly flew on these aircraft until COVID.

-FlyerBeek
mehitabel likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 8:09 am

Programs: Delta, United, American
As these planes are starting the JFK-LAX/SFO routes... I wonder if people can add more comments on PP seats. From the few photos I've found, it looks like 20AB and 20KL look into the J bathroom (yet get green from seatguru). 20DF look good but hasn't received many reviews. Is legroom restricted from bulkhead wall? Other pluses/minuses? I know from PP on the 787-10, non-bulkhead seats are a little tight to get out of if the person in front reclines (but clearly better than Econ+).

Similarly... if in Economy Plus.... are 31AB and 31KL the best seats for a couple?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.