Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

For couples who want to sit “together” in Polaris, even-numbered L seats combined with the odd-numbered F seat one lower in number (e.g. 10L/9F) gives some ability to see/talk across aisle because the openings line up almost exactly.

Standard size rollaboards can only be accommodated in overhead compartments along the window and not in the center bins.

Overhead compartment above 1A is limited to a small bag, and the slightly larger bin is shared with 2A and 2D, which may result in someone in the area putting the bag in row 3 or 4. Often, there is flight supplies stored in the bin above 2A and 3A as well - you can ask the FA to move them.

Misaligned window in the coveted window seats at 7A/L and 17A/L.

Only one window (close to monitor) at 11A/L.

No "front" window on 15A/L, but one next to head and a second useable when reclined.

Oxygen equipment is stored above 12A, which results in unusable bin space. (Note that bin space is pretty generous given spread of seats, so not likely to be a major issue).

No window at 18A/L
related thread
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 / 76Q (30/24/32/117) Polaris+PP
obsolete
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat ("normal J", no PremPlus)
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2021, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by PTahCha

5 flight attendants for domestic flights - 2 in J and 3 in Y. The ratio is terrible, and the 2 working in J adds up on step count with the back and forth with 18 rows of customers.
Any idea of how many FAs are on TATL on this plane configuration?
Old Jul 5, 2021, 9:55 am

I would appreciate any recommendations or pros/cons on the following seat choices that are currently available for my upcoming TATL flight. I’m traveling alone.

20 A,B or K,L
21 D,F
23 D,F
23 K,L
Old Jul 5, 2021, 10:49 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
I would appreciate any recommendations or pros/cons on the following seat choices that are currently available for my upcoming TATL flight. I’m traveling alone.

20 A,B or K,L
21 D,F
23 D,F
23 K,L
The general discussion in Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience covers PremiumPlus seating in all aircraft (the only real difference is if the center section is 2 or 3 seats). Reviewing that thread should address most questions.

Bulkhead vs non-bulkhead -- personal preference -- footrest are different, video screen -- popup vs back of seat, underseat storage, window passenger ease of getting out
Window verse aisle -- personal preference
Row 21-23, essentially the same. Higher rows are closer to regular economy
Old Jul 5, 2021, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The general discussion in Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience covers PremiumPlus seating in all aircraft (the only real difference is if the center section is 2 or 3 seats). Reviewing that thread should address most questions.

Bulkhead vs non-bulkhead -- personal preference -- footrest are different, video screen -- popup vs back of seat, underseat storage, window passenger ease of getting out
Window verse aisle -- personal preference
Row 21-23, essentially the same. Higher rows are closer to regular economy
I’ve already gone through the thread that you referenced and saw that the overwhelming majority of the posts had nothing to do with this particular aircraft. Even this thread deals mostly with the J class seating. Since I value under seat storage, back of seat video screen, seat back storage, while having both pax with aisle access, I think I’ll choose a seat in the middle section. Thanks for your reply.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I’ve already gone through the thread that you referenced and saw that the overwhelming majority of the posts had nothing to do with this particular aircraft. .. .
The PremiumPlus seats / layout are nearly identical regardless of the aircraft -- the only difference is if the middle section is 2 (76x) or 3 (78x) or 4 (77x) seats, so the comments in that thread apply equally to all aircraft.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 7, 2021 at 9:33 am Reason: more on middle section
Old Jul 7, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The PremiumPlus seats / layout are nearly identical regardless of the aircraft -- the only difference is if the middle section is 2 or 3 seats, so the comments in that thread apply equally to all aircraft.
4 seats on a 777
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 8:00 am

Best seats for couples 767-300 in Business

Flight ORD to ZUR in business
Which seats are the best for a couple?
Thanks.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Ellyb102
Flight ORD to ZUR in business
Which seats are the best for a couple?
Thanks.
As the merged thread will show, none - each seat is relatively private
If one wants a good window view, pick an odd row window. Then a window seat before or after that row or across the aisle (one higher row if A side or same row if L side).

A related configuration, Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat, additional discussion about couples seating in this 1-1-1 format.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 10, 2021 at 10:12 am Reason: link to other 763 config
Old Jul 20, 2021, 6:24 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Given the choice between 1A or 9A/9L what seat is best?

1A has the full sized foot cubby but heard that overhead bin space is limited in that area.

9A/9L are by the engine, so possibly noisier?
Old Jul 20, 2021, 6:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Given the choice between 1A or 9A/9L what seat is best?

1A has the full sized foot cubby but heard that overhead bin space is limited in that area.

9A/9L are by the engine, so possibly noisier?
On a daytime flight 1A is fine; I haven't had overhead bin space issues in row 1 even when boarding last. On an overnight flight I would pick row 9 to be further from the light and potential noise from the galley.
Infinite1K likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
The 2 times I fly this ship, each time I pick the row with a misaligned window. Both row 7 and row 17 window seats don't get access to normally aligned windows. Updated the wiki to help others avoid this mistake.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by VWang1111
The 2 times I fly this ship, each time I pick the row with a misaligned window. Both row 7 and row 17 window seats don't get access to normally aligned windows. Updated the wiki to help others avoid this mistake.
Thanks!

David
Old Jul 24, 2021, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by PTahCha
You can do a 2 seats in consecutive rows, or line up a middle and a window 1 row behind in the L seats. For example, I was in 11L, and I have the line of sight into 10F.

5 flight attendants for domestic flights - 2 in J and 3 in Y. The ratio is terrible, and the 2 working in J adds up on step count with the back and forth with 18 rows of customers.
Any idea of how many FAs are on TATL on this plane configuration?
I just flew TATL in J and there were a total of 6 FAs. PP & economy were full and only 3 FAs to work back there. IMHO, that is disrespectful on UAs part to the passengers and FAs.

edit: forgot to mention that there was also a medical emergency in Economy that the FAs had to deal with. Police, EMTs with a stretcher were waiting in the jetway when we arrived.

Last edited by FLYMSY; Jul 25, 2021 at 6:38 am
Old Aug 7, 2021, 5:15 pm

Boeing 767-300 transcon best seats 2 traveling together

Hi,
I'm on the transcon with no first class and kind of 1 -2 - 1 configuration.
Says row 1 row 18 so a lot of business class.
I know this plane is not ideal if two are traveling together . I am traveling with a mature 9 year old.
I picked 7F & 8D.
Any better suggestions.for seat selection to be able to communicate and talk/( without switching aircrafts)
Old Aug 8, 2021, 7:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by writetorich
Hi,
I'm on the transcon with no first class and kind of 1 -2 - 1 configuration.
Says row 1 row 18 so a lot of business class.
I know this plane is not ideal if two are traveling together . I am traveling with a mature 9 year old.
I picked 7F & 8D.
Any better suggestions.for seat selection to be able to communicate and talk/( without switching aircrafts)
without switching aircraft, as noted upthread, your only real choice is to line up a middle and a window 1 row behind in the L seats. For example 11L has a line of sight into 10F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.