Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by blahmeh14

Ok, on a whim I went ahead and booked the flights I was looking at where I saw PZ disappear. One was showing, right now, PZ0 I0, the other was showing PZ0 I9. Both of these had PZ9 two days ago. When I was booking over the phone, the agent said she couldn’t see PZ for the first one, but she could see PZ availability for the second one. After it was ticketed, I went online and, through “manage reservations,” was able to upgrade BOTH segments instantly. It seems to be both a .bomb issue and something else since neither Expert mode nor the agent could see that both flights had availability — and the agent and expert mode gave different stories about what was available, neither of which was accurate.
Appreciate the feedback immensely.
And very glad it seems to be an online/IT glitch, in that case.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by narvik
very glad it seems to be an online/IT glitch, in that case.
But still a very serious IT error, because PZ availability should be about 5-10x IN availability. Which means there's currently no way to find most upgrade space online.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Kacee
But still a very serious IT error, because PZ availability should be about 5-10x IN availability. Which means there's currently no way to find most upgrade space online.
And since it's not a true inventory systems problem, that likely means it's going to take a while for them to get around to fixing it..
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K; BR Gold
Originally Posted by prometa

Maybe a systemwide halt to fix SDC into PZ bug? Or fix waitlist not auto clearing? Or maybe related to the new app release? Who knows.
I believe you are correct. I was CPU'd into PZ, but I just had to do a SDC and I went back to my original fare class. Note that I could not do this in the app and had to do this on the full browser site. I have previously done SDC within PZ after CPU. Bummer to have to give up an upgrade, but I'm getting home earlier, so I'll take what I can get.

Edit: now that I'm back in my original fare class on the new flight, I can SDC within the app again.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Absolutely.
I just mean that it IS fixable eventually, and not like this by design.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
So what are the odds that the PZ display fix will happen before or after the SQ, TG, and TP disappearance from award booking inventory?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:08 pm

This is probably my fault. I had a CPU 2 weeks ago on EWR SAN and SDC EWR SFO SAN and it kept me upgraded. Now they are fixing the problem.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
Call me an eternal optimist, but assuming anybody has managed to reach someone high enough in the web support chain to actually get a ticket filed, I imagine they should fix this relatively quickly. The number being wrong in "Expert Mode" is disjoint from the problem of the upgrade-availability indicator showing waitlist only. Since this is affecting both, and thus no Int'l itinerary is shown as upgrade-able, systemwide, that's a gigantic competitive disadvantage.

I imagine IT views this as a small problem, given the other stuff they're doing. But as soon as someone up the foodchain sees/understands what's happening, I have to think it'd become a priority...
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by Darlox
Call me an eternal optimist, but assuming anybody has managed to reach someone high enough in the web support chain to actually get a ticket filed, I imagine they should fix this relatively quickly. The number being wrong in "Expert Mode" is disjoint from the problem of the upgrade-availability indicator showing waitlist only. Since this is affecting both, and thus no Int'l itinerary is shown as upgrade-able, systemwide, that's a gigantic competitive disadvantage.

I imagine IT views this as a small problem, given the other stuff they're doing. But as soon as someone up the foodchain sees/understands what's happening, I have to think it'd become a priority...
I think it's a bigger problem than PZ. I went to book a BOS-XXX-FLL today for next month, and the sequence I wanted showed ALL ZEROS in ALL BUCKETS, but offered me the ability to purchase in both Y and F (and I was able to book the flights in M with an "instant upgrade" to PN). I looked at the segments individually, and normal booking code availability appeared. But with the married pair, ALL ZEROS. This was true on the app and on a PC browser. There's a serious problem that needs to be addressed.
Lynnie_Bee likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
If you search by specifying your upgrade instrument type in Advance Search rather than relying on the Expert Mode PZ display it seems to work fine.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Sykes
If you search by specifying your upgrade instrument type in Advance Search rather than relying on the Expert Mode PZ display it seems to work fine.
I got a PZ9: IAD-BRU 2/6
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:59 pm

I'm now seeing "PZ" availability on a number of searches.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
I now see PZ9 on some routes (checked 2).
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hirohito888
I now see PZ9 on some routes (checked 2).
Hallelujah !
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by JetAway
I'm now seeing "PZ" availability on a number of searches.
Yup same. The examples I gave previously are back to having PZ availability now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.