Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: United 1K, (1MM), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by TomMM
Must admit I didn't do an exhaustive search but I found this on 3/6: (Maybe I'll buy a lottery ticket)

Hmmm, last one I promise:

Finally, not going to bother with posting a picture but on 3/6 UA880 IAH-LHR is PZ9. Being in TPA that isn't too far out of the way for you. But I would agree with your assessment if you wanted to fly out of ORD.
I did see those on 3/6 but unfortunately can’t travel on that day. PZ Availability is sporadic throughout the month. I’ve gone ahead and booked a through IAD and am now playing the upgrade waitlist lottery. I will wait in anticipation!
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I personally believe United is moving to upgrades at the gate so the Polaris lounges will be less crowded.
I disagree, for two reasons.

1 - it's complicated. If they wanted to disallow Polaris Lounge access for upgraded tickets, nothing is stopping them from doing so (at least, when flying on UA metal, but upgrades on partner airline flights probably don't account for that much crowding anyway).

2.- they haven't announced anything. If UA were to do this, I expect that they'd make an announcement about how they were improving upgrade chances for 1Ks by holding back more availability until the gate.

Personally, I have never waitlisted a GPU on UA, and ending confirmable upgrades would be the final straw for me personally (if the 15K PQD isn't -- I haven't decided yet). But I'm certain that UA would spin it this way anyhow.
onthesam, chavala, Kacee and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: Delta - PM / MM, UA 1K Starwood-Gold
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I personally believe United is moving to upgrades at the gate so the Polaris lounges will be less crowded. You want Polaris, you pay for Polaris. Remember when Arrivals lounges were only for paid First/Business?.
I used to care about getting into the Polaris Lounge, but it is different lounge today than it was when first introduced. It is still nice, but no longer a feature I will miss.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jsloan
I disagree, for two reasons.

1 - it's complicated. If they wanted to disallow Polaris Lounge access for upgraded tickets, nothing is stopping them from doing so (at least, when flying on UA metal, but upgrades on partner airline flights probably don't account for that much crowding anyway).

2.- they haven't announced anything. If UA were to do this, I expect that they'd make an announcement about how they were improving upgrade chances for 1Ks by holding back more availability until the gate.

Personally, I have never waitlisted a GPU on UA, and ending confirmable upgrades would be the final straw for me personally (if the 15K PQD isn't -- I haven't decided yet). But I'm certain that UA would spin it this way anyhow.
Not only would it be the final straw for me, but after my many years of loyalty, (even after moving to an AA hub!), I would go out of my way to never fly UA again.
onthesam likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
The lack of announcement formalizing the practice or other official notice regarding an IT glitch at this point is a major CS meltdown. For those of us who don't play the upgrade lottery, this has been akin to a 2 week tarmac delay with no info from the crew or airline. Damage already done.
chavala and Steve Kirkham like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.