Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)

This follows from discussion in another thread (PZ not strictly greater than IN/I?)

I've now searched at least a hundred TPACs where I would expect to see somewhere between 30-50% to have advance PZ inventory, and have not seen a single flight PZ>0. Even on flights that are I9, PZ=0.
Vkuo, narvik and chavala like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by Kacee
This follows from discussion in another thread (PZ not strictly greater than IN/I?)

I've now searched at least a hundred TPACs where I would expect to see somewhere between 30-50% to have advance PZ inventory, and have not seen a single flight PZ>0. Even on flights that are I9, PZ=0.
I tried some TATL that had PZ available about two weeks ago and they are now PZ0. I didn’t try a hundred flights but the twenty or so that I thought would likely have space were all zeroed out. Several had business award space available.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:48 pm

It really seems like it. I can’t even find any PZ for flights in next couple days so it appears PZ is just zero in general. Even on routes that almost always have space. Like I see no dates with PZ >0 for ord-bru, or lots of ORD-leisure routes like CUN at off peak times that would essentially always have upgrade space historically.
If it really is all PZ 0 including close in, I imagine this is a bug. I assume even within 24 hrs that waitlist gpu still clears from that bucket? Or how do they clear gate upgrades?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
I feel like this is a bug too. Some reliable routes (eg. EWR-GRU) for the next 6 months are 0. Very odd.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:31 pm

I saw this happen on several TATL flights today. Were all PZ9 yesterday and this AM. Many remain I9 but are PZ0. Wonder what happens if I book now and apply an instrument. Is it a display bug or inventory bug? If I use the upgrade search tool, it returns flights as waitlist only.

Maybe a systemwide halt to fix SDC into PZ bug? Or fix waitlist not auto clearing? Or maybe related to the new app release? Who knows.

Last edited by prometa; Jan 23, 2019 at 11:38 pm
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:33 pm

I’m on a LAX-SYD round trip now where I was able to use 2 2018 GPUs. In 1.5 weeks, I’ll be on SFO-SIN with the same deal. The LAX-SYD trip was booked on 12/21/18 & the SFO-SIN trip was booked on 1/12/19.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:21 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by prometa
Maybe a systemwide halt to fix SDC into PZ bug? Or fix waitlist not auto clearing?
That's what I'm speculating too... I was afraid they'd consider this a fix instead of working on the root cause. Hopefully this is just temporary.
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Based on the number of PZ0 IN9 flights, seems to be true. My money is on them doing it by accident rather than a block while maintenance happens.

Kacee, have you seen PZ space on non-Polaris flights? Curious why Polaris in the title.

Last edited by findark; Jan 24, 2019 at 12:58 am
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Kacee I tried my usual routes and they are all PZ0. Never happened before as I use all gpu at booking for one of the following on a Tuesday and have had no issues

lax-mel
sfo-akl
lax -syd
sfo-syd

pulled cold cards looking as 24 examples
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:47 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Seems that domestic (CPUable) routes have the same issue

P9 PN9 PZ0 IN6 I6

P6 PN6 PZ0 IN4 I4
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
oh yuck. This better be a joke. Hope they fix this soon.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by findark
Based on the number of PZ0 IN9 flights, seems to be true. My money is on them doing it by accident rather than a block while maintenance happens.

Kacee, have you seen PZ space on non-Polaris flights? Curious why Polaris in the title.
On the non-/Polaris distinction, perhaps alluding to the status quo before yesterday of PZ0 for (almost every) non-Polaris? However, I can still find a domestic short haul with PZ>0.

As added corroboration that they have 'PZ0larisised', two days ago I was looking at a pair of flights that had stayed PZ9 for about a week, and I considered booking but wasn't sure I wanted to fly UA; now they are both PZ0. Nw that decision is easier.

Anyway, let's hope it is indeed an accident, so that the following statement wouldn't turn out to be some Orwellian double-speak.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Who needs PZ now we have a new APP version? C'mon!

Seriously, I hope they get this sorted soon....wanting to book quite a few flights for the 2019 travel year in the next few weeks...
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by fumje
However, I can still find a domestic short haul with PZ>0.
You can??
That is a bit disconcerting because it would mean they didn't just [temporarily?] "turn PZ off" completely.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: UA GS
I haven't been able to find any PZ either on long-haul. Plenty of PN9 flights where I'd expect to see at least one or two PZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.