Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Looks like it is fixed in Expert Mode now. I’m seeing PZ availability on multiple flights where I was not several hours ago.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by blahmeh14
Looks like it is fixed in Expert Mode now. I’m seeing PZ availability on multiple flights where I was not several hours ago.
Is it fixed now, or fixed for now?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:31 pm

Should we put together an order of “I survived the great PZ outage of 2019” t-shirts to go with the WiFi doesn’t work shirts?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by transportprof
Is it fixed now, or fixed for now?
Both hopefully .

interestingly, while both flights were showing PZ9 two days ago, they are now showing PZ2 and PZ7. All other fare buckets are the same as they were two days ago. I wonder if they were adjusting the “algorithm” and the expert mode glitch was just an unanticipated side effect.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
interestingly, while both flights were showing PZ9 two days ago, they are now showing PZ2 and PZ7. All other fare buckets are the same as they were two days ago. I wonder if they were adjusting the “algorithm” and the expert mode glitch was just an unanticipated side effect.
That's a very good guess!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
They were probably adjusting the algorithm for how often to allow PZ>0 setting a 0.0000001 to 0.0000000001 and it accidentally rounded down to 0. Small IT glitch
big V, narvik, findark and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by eng3
They were probably adjusting the algorithm for how often to allow PZ>0 setting a 0.0000001 to 0.0000000001 and it accidentally rounded down to 0. Small IT glitch
And we're all so used to PZ0 that it took awhile for anyone to realize this was not business as usual.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold

Anyone else with observations on how PZ inventory changed from before to after the outage? I was looking at a couple of flights past weekend / early this week that were PZ0. They are still PZ0. But, it does feel like the search results come up considerably faster than before. Or is that just an illusion?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold
Originally Posted by wxguy
I think it's a bigger problem than PZ. I went to book a BOS-XXX-FLL today for next month, and the sequence I wanted showed ALL ZEROS in ALL BUCKETS, but offered me the ability to purchase in both Y and F (and I was able to book the flights in M with an "instant upgrade" to PN). I looked at the segments individually, and normal booking code availability appeared. But with the married pair, ALL ZEROS. This was true on the app and on a PC browser. There's a serious problem that needs to be addressed.
I still see this. Connecting itin, everything zeroed out, but it prices out an option in P.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by fatlasercat
I still see this. Connecting itin, everything zeroed out, but it prices out an option in P.
This is normal-ish; the married inventory is indeed zeroed out but it will price it with a fare break. Nine times out of ten it's much more expensive to insert the fare break.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.3MM SPG LT Gold
...and found this just now, T-Pac.

Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Originally Posted by Kacee
And we're all so used to PZ0 that it took awhile for anyone to realize this was not business as usual.
There are going to be 1000 GPU redeemed in the next 24hrs as everyone thought they were lost forever........ I only have 2 left so I was somewhat safe

run but dont panic, now run faster.......
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:37 am

Programs: UA 1K

it's not fixed entirely but seems to be in the process of being resolved. this flight was zeroed out yesterday.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, BAEC Bronze
I'm seeing widely different P inventory between the mobile app and the website (like P6 vs P0). I wonder if that's related to some change being in progress.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by realityking
I'm seeing widely different P inventory between the mobile app and the website (like P6 vs P0). I wonder if that's related to some change being in progress.
It's more likely that you're searching inventory from two different countries. The website will use the inventory for whatever country you have selected, until you get to the payment screen and select your credit card -- then it uses your billing address. The mobile app gives you an option in the advanced search to select a region, although I assume it still validates it later.
realityking likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.