Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:23 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by TA
Sorry if I'm slow to this discussion. Does this un-availability glitch affect award space I / IN for business class awards? If I don't see that available on UAL.com, is this false and do I need to call in?
Does not affect I/IN from my examination yesterday when PZ was available. I still see similar I/IN availability.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:42 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: United 1K, (1MM), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
PZ0 is definitely back.

Trying to book Tatl flights to Lhr in March connecting through ewr/iad/ord/iah and no GPU upgrade availability anywhere. Tried dates all through March and nothing. Routes into Lhr, especially on weekdays, are not always the best for GPU upgrades but you can always find some. This is frustrating to say the least.

Last edited by Steve Kirkham; Jan 29, 2019 at 3:56 pm
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Whose attention does this need to get to before it might be fixed (again)?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by escherfan
I have the same set of flights in August. Booked last week and got IAH-SYD upgraded overnight. MEL-LAX has been sitting on PZ0. Trying MEL-LAX on a Saturday, which seems tough. What day of the week is your MEL-LAX? Thanks!
Monday after thanksgiving 😉
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
This is so annoying.

Check tomorrow 1/31/2019

SFO-PVG PN9 PZ0 I9.
ORD-PVG PN9 PZ0 I9.
LAX-PVG PN9 PZ0 I9.
ORD-HKG PN9 PZ0 I9.

Seriously?

Last edited by kb1992; Jan 30, 2019 at 9:06 am
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: United 1K, (1MM), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
No PZ availability anywhere. Looked at all options from the east coast in March to Europe then even checked multiple locations in Asia but nothing. PZ=0, PN=0, IN=0 on every flight. Emailed United but no response. Called 1K line this morning to ask if they knew anything but got the ‘B’ team so no further forward. Will call again later to see if I can get somebody knowledgeable. Ease of using GPU’s is one of the only reasons I stay loyal to United so I am hoping this is a glitch in the matrix and not a policy change.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I love how the title to this thread has to keep changing. "Resolved" "or is it?"
I wonder how many edits we'll have before the old equipment is finally gone forever.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
This has to be something pretty deep, and anecdotally I have to imagine it's impacting sales even of J-purchase revenue tix. I'm looking at dates in March for SFO-TPE/HKG/SIN, and every single flight I'm looking at so far is not just PZ0, but has a seat map that shows the entire J cabin blocked. Something is seriously wrong, and I for one am not about to just start making testing bookings to find out later if the upgrade mechanism will work... [Conspiracy theory: Keep this broken until 1/31 when un-used GPUs expire, and then magically it is "fixed" on 2/1...] Example:

Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Darlox
Call me an eternal optimist, but assuming anybody has managed to reach someone high enough in the web support chain to actually get a ticket filed, I imagine they should fix this relatively quickly. The number being wrong in "Expert Mode" is disjoint from the problem of the upgrade-availability indicator showing waitlist only. Since this is affecting both, and thus no Int'l itinerary is shown as upgrade-able, systemwide, that's a gigantic competitive disadvantage.

I imagine IT views this as a small problem, given the other stuff they're doing. But as soon as someone up the foodchain sees/understands what's happening, I have to think it'd become a priority...
Anybody got a strategy on how to get to the higher ups in web support?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Darlox
This has to be something pretty deep, and anecdotally I have to imagine it's impacting sales even of J-purchase revenue tix. I'm looking at dates in March for SFO-TPE/HKG/SIN, and every single flight I'm looking at so far is not just PZ0, but has a seat map that shows the entire J cabin blocked. Something is seriously wrong, and I for one am not about to just start making testing bookings to find out later if the upgrade mechanism will work... [Conspiracy theory: Keep this broken until 1/31 when un-used GPUs expire, and then magically it is "fixed" on 2/1...] Example:

If you search with the UG option, it doesn't show the Biz class seats. It's been like this for months and very annoying. A work around is to click the "Business class" button along with "upgrade with GPU" and you'll see both cabins. (Hope I'm explaining this correctly)
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Steve Kirkham
Trying to book Tatl flights to Lhr in March connecting through ewr/iad/ord/iah and no GPU upgrade availability anywhere. Tried dates all through March and nothing. Routes into Lhr, especially on weekdays, are not always the best for GPU upgrades but you can always find some. This is frustrating to say the least.
I fly to LHR 5-6 times through out the year and rarely find PZ space outbound to LHR in advance. Coming back I’ve had good luck with the early flight to EWR clearing at booking. Although 2 weeks ago my GPU cleared 2 days prior to the flight.

Having said that, I can’t find any Ex-eu PZ space. Yesterday all of my options were PZ9.
Steve Kirkham likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I am seeing many instances of I>0 and PZ=0 - it is affecting some of my waitlisted flights from clearing.

It's a pretty significant issue, and I can only assume this is something they just don't seem to care about - no upgrades, who cares, right? Maybe Kirby orchestrated this on purpose?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I am seeing many instances of I>0 and PZ=0 - it is affecting some of my waitlisted flights from clearing.

It's a pretty significant issue, and I can only assume this is something they just don't seem to care about - no upgrades, who cares, right? Maybe Kirby orchestrated this on purpose?
Call in and they will clear you. Only solves half the problem of course
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
I just looked for Tpac in mid week June 24,25,26 and PZ=0 on all flights I searched ( 24 in total)

normally there is PZ space on almost all these flight this far out

i just searched one ways with these city pairs

iah syd
sfo syd
lax syd
lax mel

mel lax
syd lax
syd sfo
syd iah
Steve Kirkham likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.