Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2022, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Good news indeed!
And thanks for being our information scout!

David
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 5:56 pm

I'm traveling in Premium Plus on a 777-300ER for SFO>FRA (overnight). Do most people prefer the bulkhead seat or a normal seat for comfort while sleeping? I can't tell how comfortable the bulkhead legrest is compared to the under-seat leg rest. If it matters, I'm 5' 7".
Old May 21, 2022, 7:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I found the non-bulkhead footrest ineffectual and the bulkhead footrest slightly better but not as elevated as desired.
Say Vandelay likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 8:45 pm

Programs: United currently plat
Prem Plus

Flew recently on a Polarized 772 in R class (labeled United Business) EWR-HNL

No special bedding was offered, Economy blanket sans pillow.

Breakfast flight, FA’s served either French Toast
or Egg White Bites w/ Sausage and a Croissant on one tray. (Standard domestic F meal) I was in the last of 3 rows and got the eggs, the French Toast went fast, surprisingly.

2/3 way home we were served Lunch, choice of Teri-Burger or some kind of Salad (no more
salad choice by my row)

I didn’t ask for alcohol and didn’t notice others drinking so I can’t report on the complimentary drinks controversy.

They did serve trays in Y, looked to be a small fruit cup and maybe a croissant? I didn’t see what they got on the lunch run.

One more drink service before landing. The flight was packed packed and the crew was nothing special although friendly. I noticed the FA that was prepping the trays doled out the Tomato sauce / Cream icing on to the dish. I haven’t seen this done in a long long time.

I found the price paid over sitting in E+ was VERY much worth it on this 10 hour flight. I slept deeply. The seat was comfortable, i’m sure even more so with a nice pillow and blanket.
Old May 22, 2022, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I found the non-bulkhead footrest ineffectual and the bulkhead footrest slightly better but not as elevated as desired.
What do you mean by ineffectual? In my experience it's usually more helpful for people on the shorter side :P
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:04 am

Flying DFW/EWR/LHR, Premium Plus on the long haul. Is there a way to get E+ seats free on DFW/EWR? Seems odd to have to pay extra on a Premium Economy ticket.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 5:43 pm

Has anyone tried to get the discounted United Club passes? I see this listed as a benefit to PP everywhere but no additional information about it. What is the discounted price?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ridge4
Flying DFW/EWR/LHR, Premium Plus on the long haul. Is there a way to get E+ seats free on DFW/EWR? Seems odd to have to pay extra on a Premium Economy ticket.
Your ticket is not a "Premium Economy" ticket. It a ticket composed of a economy segment with an economy fare class and a Premium Plus segment with a Premium Plus fare class. The fare classes are available in the fare rules of the tickets you bought, on the receipt, and shows in your booking online. It's is also priced as a economy ticket plus a PP ticket. If PP was marketed DFW-EWR, your ticket would probably have cost more.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jun 9, 2022 at 7:00 pm
Old Jun 9, 2022, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Your ticket is not a "Premium Economy" ticket. It a ticket composed of a economy segment with an economy fare class and a Premium Plus segment with a Premium Plus fare class. The fare classes are available in the fare rules of the tickets you bought, on the receipt, and shows in your booking online. It's is also priced as a economy ticket plus a PP ticket. If PP was marketed DFW-EWR, your ticket would probably have cost more.
United has long said that domestic connections are booked into B and allow free E+. It's listed in the wiki for this thread
VRFast likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
United has long said that domestic connections are booked into B and allow free E+. It's listed in the wiki for this thread
Nothing I posted is untrue

Looks like OP gets free E+
Unitedloyalflyer likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:21 am

Does Row 22 on the 787-9 (specifically 22DEF) recline the same amount as all the other PP seats on the plane?

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that the last row middle section PP seats in the 777W recline less than the other seats, and was wondering if this applies to the 787-9 as well.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Originally Posted by Cowtikk
Does Row 22 on the 787-9 (specifically 22DEF) recline the same amount as all the other PP seats on the plane?

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that the last row middle section PP seats in the 777W recline less than the other seats, and was wondering if this applies to the 787-9 as well.
I have the same question for seats 22AC
Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: United 4MM GS, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
When pricing premium economy BOS-LHR either non-stop or via EWR, the fare is the same and fares as a premium economy ticket with one segment in B if via EWR
Old Jun 25, 2022, 7:11 am

New here, question about moveable armrests in United Premium Plus

Hi everyone - we're a couple + 1 adult planning a cross-country flight (NYC area - Bay area) with our 15-month old daughter. We usually buy her a seat, and we're looking to get a row of 4 in premium economy where the armrests move up so we have one flat seat. I've been searching forever, but I can't figure out whether United Premium Plus/Premium Economy has this. United's website has a section on "moveable arm rests," but does that mean that when the seat reclines, the armrests and seat form an even, flat surface?

Thanks so much for any help!
Old Jun 25, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Those will be four individual seats, none flat. The dividers between the seats don’t move.

https://www.united.com/en/us/seatmap/vr3dr/B7K/AISLE6

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.