Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2024, 8:04 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
Originally Posted by rabilancia
Instead of wired headphones, I use a device similar to this one: Bluetooth Transmitter. Pair your Airpods to it at home and plug it in to the headphone jack when on the flight.
I highly recommend this. I used one of these gizmos (different model but same idea) and it makes for a more pleasant flight, with no wires to tangle and no problem maintaining contact between my headphone plug and the airplane's much-abused audio jack.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Flew ORD-KOA on a 789 in 22E. Despite being a middle seat, the design of the seat made it comfortable although I could not make it lean back as much as I thought I would be able to. Personal item space in front of me was nice and wide but was not great on clearance which looked to be no more than 6 inches. My personal item, a backpack, would not fit under the seat ahead of me (would not fit in economy on a Max9 either but fit with extra room in economy in a 757). There was no amenity kit and there was a blanket.
2 meals were served during this ~8 hour trip, I did not get the meal choice I wanted for the first meal as they were out of the protein dish by the time they got to me. The attendants did bring up a cold Chicken Quinoa dish from economy that, to me, was superior to the Cauliflower salad option that was the only premium choice left for 22E. The second meal was served from back to front so row 20 drew the short straw. I do not recall getting asked to reserve a meal.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:03 pm

Programs: Marriot Lifetime Plat
Doing some research it seems booking a premium plus ticket gets you a discount on UC access. Any data points on what that "discount" looks like?
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mrmoo
Doing some research it seems booking a premium plus ticket gets you a discount on UC access. Any data points on what that "discount" looks like?
Not much

Discussion back in 2022 had it at $40-$50 for PremPlus passenger
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:40 pm

Programs: United 4MM GS, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
$41 vs $59 normal price based on two experiences for my sister-in-law over the last few months
SPN Lifer and mrmoo like this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Flying for the first time in Premium Plus (IAH-EZE)

either I am in Polaris or E+ on these flights.

The cabin always looks decent though.

Whats the feeling here on the cabin and service
Old Apr 10, 2024, 3:39 pm

I flew Haneda - LAX last year, was able to sleep almost the entire time. At 6'2" that's a great thing. I thought they were very good.
sobore likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by caseminole

Whats the feeling here on the cabin and service
Noticeable improvement over E+.
Not a fan of the middle-middle seats.
If you can snag a window (or isle), it's definitely a nice 'upgrade' from E+.

On long flights, Premium Plus can easily make the difference: it goes from horrible in E, to really nice in J, with Premium Plus hovering between 'acceptable' and 'comfortable', IMO.

As far as service/meals/booze is concerned, we're talking United here, so the whole plane -no matter the seat- only ever ranges from 'pathetic' to 'unacceptable'! 😎
Old Apr 11, 2024, 10:43 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by narvik
Noticeable improvement over E+.
Not a fan of the middle-middle seats.
If you can snag a window (or isle), it's definitely a nice 'upgrade' from E+.

On long flights, Premium Plus can easily make the difference: it goes from horrible in E, to really nice in J, with Premium Plus hovering between 'acceptable' and 'comfortable', IMO.

As far as service/meals/booze is concerned, we're talking United here, so the whole plane -no matter the seat- only ever ranges from 'pathetic' to 'unacceptable'! 😎
I did "bite" on a upgrade to Polaris ($375) - right now the flight is 5 weeks out with 35+ seats in Polaris (wow!), so with luck, I'll nab that seat instead.

I'm in 20B - didnt realize PP also had middle seats - but I've got an aisle
narvik likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 5:24 am

Programs: UA 1K
Hi,

Looking at either 787-9 or 777-300 for a flight in PP

As I understand it, the seats are the same on both, but the 787 is preferred as it is newer and quieter - any other considerations?

In terms of seats row 20 has a smaller monitor and integrated leg and foot rest - do rows 2122 also have a leg rest that elevates (with separate foot rest)?

Thank you
Old Apr 13, 2024, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by winovin
Hi,

Looking at either 787-9 or 777-300 for a flight in PP

As I understand it, the seats are the same on both, but the 787 is preferred as it is newer and quieter - any other considerations?

In terms of seats row 20 has a smaller monitor and integrated leg and foot rest - do rows 2122 also have a leg rest that elevates (with separate foot rest)?

Thank you
789 seat is slightly wider on 789 vs 77W (19 vs 18.5 inches), if that matters. All other dimensions are the same. Be aware that the 777 has 2 middle seats per row compared to the 787, check the seat map for the most desirable seat.
Only difference between bulkhead from non-bulkhead would be the footrest (not to be confused on legrest) is directly attached to seat above on non-bulkhead, vs directly attached to legrest on bulkhead.

Last edited by sonyeoshin; Apr 13, 2024 at 11:43 am
Old Apr 13, 2024, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by sonyeoshin
789 seat is slightly wider on 789 vs 77W (19 vs 18.5 inches), if that matters. All other dimensions are the same. Be aware that the 777 has 2 middle seats per row compared to the 787, check the seat map for the most desirable seat.
Rows 21 and 22 don't have the "elevated" leg rest featured in row 20, the leg rest is attached from the seat ahead.
Thank you

Pity 21/22 don’t have the elevated leg rest. That extra support would be nice
Old Apr 13, 2024, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by winovin
Thank you

Pity 21/22 don’t have the elevated leg rest. That extra support would be nice
My apologies -- I've got it wrong. While it does have both the elevated leg rest coming from seat ahead of you, the only thing 21/22 is missing is a foot rest attached to the legrest coming from the seat. Here are some image that show the legrest situation:

https://theaircraftking.com/2022/08/...o-los-angeles/
https://businesstravelerusa.com/airl...-premium-plus/
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.