Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2023, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by zagat39
Thank you. Any thoughts between row 23 (the last of PP) and row 22? They are both available. I guess aisle seats for us both makes sense - any danger in getting jostled throughout the night by passerby?
On a 767 PP cabin with 2-2-2 configuration:

1. My wife and I always prefer the middle section so we each have our own aisle seat.
2. The recline in the last row is not noticeably different from the other rows.
3. PP has no meal pre-ordering. Sitting closer to the front gives you better chance of getting your first choice.
4. I don't think 22 is a bulkhead row so I don't think there would be people crossing your row.
sobore likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 5:54 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Hilton HHonors
PP seat 20AB or 20DF?

Originally Posted by GourmetFlyer
On a 767 PP cabin with 2-2-2 configuration:

1. My wife and I always prefer the middle section so we each have our own aisle seat.
2. The recline in the last row is not noticeably different from the other rows.
3. PP has no meal pre-ordering. Sitting closer to the front gives you better chance of getting your first choice.
4. I don't think 22 is a bulkhead row so I don't think there would be people crossing your row.
I was looking on UA.com with their 3D pictures. It looks like there could be more leg room in 20AB vs 20DF bulkhead?
This will be on an overnight IAD to MAD and we are hoping to get some sleep.
Husband is 6'1" and I am 5'11".
Any thoughts on which might be better?
All seats open at moment in this section.
Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 19, 2023, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by zipadeedoodah
I was looking on UA.com with their 3D pictures. It looks like there could be more leg room in 20AB vs 20DF bulkhead?
Thanks in advance!
Are you referring to the 767-400? My recollection is the bulkhead PP row has identical leg room across all six seats.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 7:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
There (764) is a minor amount of extra legspace in middle vs side bulkhead, either should be for your height, I prefer the sides over the middles as during board in particular the middle is used by some passengers as a crossover. However the middle does offer aisle access for both passengers.

For the 763 the spacing looks similiar

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 19, 2023 at 10:33 pm Reason: link
Old Dec 19, 2023, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Choices, choices... Which should I pick...

elitefreak likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by docbert
Choices, choices... Which should I pick...

Easy decision ==> choose Polaris.
I saw $100 difference in buyup prices between Polaris and Premium Plus for Mrs. Kmxu's award reservation. The offers were much more reasonable. I have not taken the Polaris offer yet because she may not be able to take the trip.
Cheers.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 9:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy, IHG, Delta, Aeromexico, AAdvantage
United Lounge Cost for Premium Plus Passengers

Hello!

My wife and I have a long layover on our flight to Frankfurt from Newark. The United website says that we get discounted access to the United Club lounge. Does anyone know how much it costs with the discount?

Thanks!
Old Dec 20, 2023, 12:13 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by meadowsm
Hello!

My wife and I have a long layover on our flight to Frankfurt from Newark. The United website says that we get discounted access to the United Club lounge. Does anyone know how much it costs with the discount?

Thanks!
Believe this is offered at time of flight purchase, one report was $40-ish vs standard $59.
If the flight is already purchased, check your online itin for offers
Old Dec 20, 2023, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GourmetFlyer
My experience has been the same. I was on a flight to Japan last year, and was in row 21. As the fourth one to be served, my first choice of both meal (I forget which of the two I wanted) and beverage (Buffalo Trace) was already out of stock.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 1:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy, IHG, Delta, Aeromexico, AAdvantage
It wasn't offered at purchase or on current itin. Thus why I asked
Old Dec 20, 2023, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by meadowsm
It wasn't offered at purchase or on current itin. Thus why I asked
The offer should be in one of the bundle options. One of the partial bundles for an upcoming trip in PP shows UC access for $35. Another bundle adds Wi-Fi for $7 more.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Nihon_Ni
My experience has been the same. I was on a flight to Japan last year, and was in row 21. As the fourth one to be served, my first choice of both meal (I forget which of the two I wanted) and beverage (Buffalo Trace) was already out of stock.
Yes, strongly agree on this point. If meal choice is important to you, choose a seat towards the front. On my recent sfo-cdg round trip sitting in row 22 each leg, I was stuck with no choice of meals on both legs.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ARR72
Yes, strongly agree on this point. If meal choice is important to you, choose a seat towards the front. On my recent sfo-cdg round trip sitting in row 22 each leg, I was stuck with no choice of meals on both legs.
IMHO this is probably the biggest failing of PP at this time. Every flight I've been on there has been at least one person that didn't get their choice - and because they do both meal services front-to-back, on at least some occasions the same people miss out on both. Sure, that happens in business too, but at least there's more choices there.

On 2 flights I've had FA's come and ask me for my choice before serving others based on status, which is nice, but doesn't seem to be an official policy like it is in Polaris - and obviously doesn't help anyone without status. I've also seen at least one occasion when they were able to get something from Polaris for a passenger that missed their choice - but that also has it's own issues.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by docbert
IMHO this is probably the biggest failing of PP at this time. Every flight I've been on there has been at least one person that didn't get their choice - and because they do both meal services front-to-back, on at least some occasions the same people miss out on both. Sure, that happens in business too, but at least there's more choices there.

On 2 flights I've had FA's come and ask me for my choice before serving others based on status, which is nice, but doesn't seem to be an official policy like it is in Polaris - and obviously doesn't help anyone without status. I've also seen at least one occasion when they were able to get something from Polaris for a passenger that missed their choice - but that also has it's own issues.
Ha! I was actually offered a breakfast entree from economy LOL, I would’ve welcomed a Polaris entree.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Thanks in advance!
There is no significant difference between the window and the middle section (not to the extent that I feel a difference.) One thing about legroom that many people overlook is the space under the seat in front of them. PP has so much space that your small bag does not need to be under the seat in front of you (except during takeoff and landing). When you take that space into consideration, you get just about as much (or maybe even more) legroom in a regular row versus the bulkhead row.

Note that to fully utilize that space, you need to tilt the footrest all the way up.

As for your height, you will fit comfortably in PP. Enjoy your flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.