Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2022, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by boat stuck
Interestingly, I think I was the only one in PP to take the suggestion, everyone else slept mostly vertical in PP.
Update for the return SIN-SFO:

I was able to sleep lying flat across 3 Premium Plus seats this time, using my suitcase and backpack to raise the effective height of the seat cushions enough to match the height of the armrests so I can lay on top of the entire thing. With the help of a bunch of PP blankets and pillows, it was significantly more comfortable than lying across 3 economy seats, since the PP seats are deeper and wider so I didn't have to curl my legs as much.
VRFast likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.

I was able to sleep lying flat across 3 Premium Plus seats this time, using my suitcase and backpack to raise the effective height of the seat cushions enough to match the height of the armrests so I can lay on top of the entire thing. With the help of a bunch of PP blankets and pillows, it was significantly more comfortable than lying across 3 economy seats, since the PP seats are deeper and wider so I didn't have to curl my legs as much.
You didn't happen to take a picture of this ... contraption, did you? My visualization skills aren't good and I am struggling with how this looked and was in any comfortable.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by 1kBill
You didn't happen to take a picture of this ... contraption, did you? My visualization skills aren't good and I am struggling with how this looked and was in any comfortable.
It was more comfortable than it looks 😌

RK23 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
It was more comfortable than it looks 😌
I hope so—because that looks supremely uncomfortable!
cur, Keyser, princeville and 9 others like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by econ
Makes sense. I’d even go for an E+ seat with an empty middle over a PE seat with seatmate.
But you wouldn't know your E+ seat has an empty middle (or E seat has an empty row) until you actually board the plane.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
^^ boat stuck, OUCH! Reminds me of sleeping on a pull out sofa with a thin mattress and a bar across your back.

I just booked the 777 domestic PE as E+ with the 4 seats in the center for the family next month. Looking forward to the slightly better seat and screen.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
We have had an equipment change and we have moved from E+ to seats in the Premium Plus cabin. Should we expect premium plus service compared to E+? Or same service as E+/Economy but just bigger seats because Premium Plus wasn't sold on this flight?
Thanks!
Old Mar 17, 2022, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rob2654
We have had an equipment change and we have moved from E+ to seats in the Premium Plus cabin. Should we expect premium plus service compared to E+? Or same service as E+/Economy but just bigger seats because Premium Plus wasn't sold on this flight?
Thanks!
No, it's normal Economy service unless P+ is sold as a cabin.
SPN Lifer, rob2654 and 8MiHi like this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
I’m still flummoxed by the premium plus cabin pricing higher that the up front cabin. I’m looking at DCA -HNL in July and again in Sep. $50 cheaper to buy business outright. Mostly leisure route, doubtful anti-F corporate policy involved. It has historically even 2-300 less.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 1:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cmculp
I’m still flummoxed by the premium plus cabin pricing higher that the up front cabin. I’m looking at DCA -HNL in July and again in Sep. $50 cheaper to buy business outright. Mostly leisure route, doubtful anti-F corporate policy involved. It has historically even 2-300 less.
For UA, F is often priced as a delta more than economy. Does not appear that is yet done for PremPlus -- it seems more a fixed (old style). Suspect UA will eventually address that.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Ua 63 gru-iah

Wanted to share my recent first Prem Y experience on UA. Key takeaways below:

- while this seat is essentially the same as AA’s premium y seat I like UA’s color scheme better.

- food was good on this route

- wifi very reasonably priced for full flight ( glad they have free messaging as I use WhatsApp a lot )

- very good crew

- love the feature on the IFE where it shows you what you have time to watch based on flight time remaining.

darkrider likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Flight attendant on my very empty SFO-SIN today has been suggesting to us in PP that we go back to economy to grab a row to sleep, and come back to PP to work/eat/watch movies.
Originally Posted by econ
Makes sense. I’d even go for an E+ seat with an empty middle over a PE seat with seatmate.
Originally Posted by Mama
But you wouldn't know your E+ seat has an empty middle (or E seat has an empty row) until you actually board the plane.
Agreed, but I was responding to a post where FA suggested to move seats (i.e. already onboard).
Old Mar 28, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL

We'll call you Mr. PPillows.
char777 and benewr like this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by drewguy
We'll call you Mr. PPillows.
Was your (@boat stuck) back okay after flight?

Last edited by Kmxu; Mar 28, 2022 at 11:15 am
Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: MMH MVP Charter Member, UA 1K MM
Sorry to ask this in two threads, but thought it was relevant here. If a 787-9 flight isn't showing PP or seat blocking, but later swaps over, is it best to pick rows 20-22 to get reassigned into PP automatically?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.