Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by bariww
Anyone flown TATL with their kiddos in PP? My hubs and I fly upfront so I’ve never been in a PP seat and don’t have a sense for how functional the footrest would be for shorter legs. Thoughts?
It works for shorter legs.

David
bariww likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Asia Miles, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Emerald Club.
The foot rest is adjustable. Tilt it all the way up with the back of your shoes to reset it. Step on it to the desired position and tilt it up slightly to lock in the position.
bariww likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Anyone flown TATL with their kiddos in PP? My hubs and I fly upfront so I’ve never been in a PP seat and don’t have a sense for how functional the footrest would be for shorter legs. Thoughts?
Not so great for tall people IMHO and I think it is much better for those of shorter stature. Enjoy!
Say Vandelay and bariww like this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
The seat is better for smaller people and PP in general is great when traveling intl with the family because you have easy access to and can see your kids. Depending on their ages, you/they may want this or not.
bariww likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by EWR764
Correct, I haven't yet seen a seat map for it, but it was confirmed late last year that all 30J 76As will get Premium Plus by next summer.
Hopefully a LAV is placed in the PP cabin, so PP customers can use the lav in their assigned cabin
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
Hopefully a LAV is placed in the PP cabin, so PP customers can use the lav in their assigned cabin
I put the chances of that around 0. Strictly speaking, PP are to use Y lavs, and none of the existing fleet have dedicated lavs for the cabin.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
I put the chances of that around 0. Strictly speaking, PP are to use Y lavs, and none of the existing fleet have dedicated lavs for the cabin.
Though that does not stop PP passengers from using the business class lavs. Particularly with the flimsy United curtains and the FAs not enforcing the “please use the lav in your ticketed cabin” announcements.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Though that does not stop PP passengers from using the business class lavs. Particularly with the flimsy United curtains and the FAs not enforcing the “please use the lav in your ticketed cabin” announcements.
At the risk of being pedantic, there isn't a lav in the "ticketed cabin" with PE.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 2:29 pm

At least in the case of the 787-10 and 76L, yes, though my experience is PE pax tend to go aft for lavs on the 777s as they'd otherwise have to go through J.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:49 pm

At least in the case of the 787-10 and 76L, yes, though my experience is PE pax tend to go aft for lavs on the 777s as they'd otherwise have to go through J.
Don't see much of an issue if PP uses the Polaris lavs at the REAR of Polaris. The lav ratio still equals 1 for every 15 pax if the rear lavs are shared between the two cabins, and on the 76A, from the reviews I have seen, that rear lav is basically in the PP cabin

Last edited by Unitedloyalflyer; Jan 14, 2022 at 11:29 am Reason: 79 to 76
Old Jan 14, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
Don't see much of an issue if PP uses the Polaris lavs at the REAR of Polaris. The lav ratio still equals 1 for every 15 pax if the rear lavs are shared between the two cabins, and on the 79A, from the reviews I have seen, that rear lav is basically in the PP cabin
I agree with this, actually. Certainly wouldn't endorse PP passengers heading up to the nose, but those lavs at the very rear of the Polaris cabin - they're behind the entire Polaris cabin, so there wouldn't be any additional foot traffic past Polaris seats. I think that's a fair thing to do.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by dmurphynj
I agree with this, actually. Certainly wouldn't endorse PP passengers heading up to the nose, but those lavs at the very rear of the Polaris cabin - they're behind the entire Polaris cabin, so there wouldn't be any additional foot traffic past Polaris seats. I think that's a fair thing to do.
On the 787-10 and 76L, that's generally what happens in practice. But on all other PP-equipped planes, getting to the forward lav requires passing through the aft J cabin, which I don't necessarily support.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
On the 787-10 and 76L, that's generally what happens in practice. But on all other PP-equipped planes, getting to the forward lav requires passing through the aft J cabin, which I don't necessarily support.
Agreed wholeheartedly. I would expect the 764 post-conversion to have a similar layout.

If I'm being honest, when seated in F, I've used the forward economy lav on the 739's many times since it's directly between cabins... Same situation as above; "technically" should remain in the seated cabin but I don't have to traverse past anyone in economy, so I don't feel bad about it.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
There have been a few instances where 777 flown domestically and PP cabin sold as regular economy, but passengers would still walk through mini cabin to use the lavs by door 2L/2R.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 9:41 pm

There have been a few instances where 777 flown domestically and PP cabin sold as regular economy, but passengers would still walk through mini cabin to use the lavs by door 2L/2R.
That should not be happening.

If the cabin is sold as economy, then go back to the economy lavs. Even if sold as PP, the lav is quite a bit forward in the cabin

What I would do if I were in charge would be set up the curtain between PP and economy as UA has classified PP as a premium cabin, except on the 777-200 (I'd have the lavs on the 777-300 behind PP just for PP/Polaris)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.