Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2020, 4:21 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by catocony
Read through the thread but I would do the bulkhead on the right side.
I did read thru quite a bit of it and will do some more reading. Maybe I'll find the answer but my main question was whether all the seats reclined the same amount. I was on a flight where I think I was in 22K and when my seat was all the way reclined it seemed that the seats in row 22's middle section were reclining further. It could have been just been what it looked like from my perspective or it could have been that the rear bulkhead was closer for 22K/L preventing a full recline.

Last edited by PabloSanDiego; Aug 31, 2020 at 4:31 pm
Old Sep 1, 2020, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
???
The bulkhead row has leg rests, the non-bulkhead rows have foot rests.
I do prefer the leg rests, also
Pretty sure most rows have leg rests AND foot rests; the first row only has a leg rest:

Last edited by fly747first; Sep 1, 2020 at 5:41 pm
Old Sep 1, 2020, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
Pretty sure most rows have leg rests AND foot rests; the first row only has a leg rest:

Maybe clearest to say that every PP seat has a legrest. Non-bulkhead rows have a separate footrest that comes out of the seat in front; bulkhead rows have a footrest that flips up from the end of the legrest.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PabloSanDiego
I did read thru quite a bit of it and will do some more reading. Maybe I'll find the answer but my main question was whether all the seats reclined the same amount. I was on a flight where I think I was in 22K and when my seat was all the way reclined it seemed that the seats in row 22's middle section were reclining further. It could have been just been what it looked like from my perspective or it could have been that the rear bulkhead was closer for 22K/L preventing a full recline.
I do perceive that 22ABKL have recline limited slightly by the wall behind. However, I haven't been able to find measurements or other reports that confirm it to be the case.

Originally Posted by fly747first
OK so to clarify, all UA Prem Plus seats have leg rests (which are more comfortable than foot rests). The first row has more space and thus the leg rest is more useful but as you pointed out, in this bulkhead row you can't store anything during takeoff/landing and the small storage pockets are gross since passengers tend to put their feet on them even after using the toilets. Prem Plus has dedicated lavatories on some UA aircraft, not all.
I don't believe this is true. The 763, 772, 773, 788, 789 and 781 configs all have a curtain between P+ and any lavs ahead, whereas there is no curtain between P+ and Economy.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by fumje
I do perceive that 22ABKL have recline limited slightly by the wall behind. However, I haven't been able to find measurements or other reports that confirm it to be the case.

I don't believe this is true. The 763, 772, 773, 788, 789 and 781 configs all have a curtain between P+ and any lavs ahead, whereas there is no curtain between P+ and Economy.
On my 787-1 flights, Prem Plus pax have been permitted to use the lavs right in front of that cabin; similar situation on 767-3 for the mid lav located in front of Prem Plus.

As for the rest of the fleet, my experience has been that Prem Plus pax are required to use the regular Y lavatories which is why on my previous post I stated "some aircraft, not all."
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM *G
Originally Posted by fumje
I do perceive that 22ABKL have recline limited slightly by the wall behind
Can confirm the recline of seats 22DEFG on a 773 is limited by the lavatory wall behind. Not significant but definitely noticeable.

Did not appear to be the same issue with 22ABKL.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 2:42 pm

When I fly with my (large) fam, we fly E+. This past year, I saw a flight (on a 789, IIRC) that had three rows of PY (colored in purple on the seat map on .BOMB). I was excited to try. Unfortunately, before I could book, UA did a plane change, and we flew E+. Can anyone comment on what PY on UA is like so far?
Old Dec 1, 2020, 11:06 pm

Is it true that Premium Plus seats are more comfortable than First class seats on 737s ?
Old Dec 1, 2020, 11:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by UAFAM
Is it true that Premium Plus seats are more comfortable than First class seats on 737s ?
Certaintly comparable --
PP seat is not quite as wide and the armrest are narrower. But the pitch is about the same and the recline is a bit more plus there is a bit of an leg reset.
PP is probably a bit better for sleeping, IMO.
Padding -- Older 737 F might have been a touch better but very similiar
Old Dec 2, 2020, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Certaintly comparable --
PP seat is not quite as wide and the armrest are narrower. But the pitch is about the same and the recline is a bit more plus there is a bit of an leg reset.
PP is probably a bit better for sleeping, IMO.
Padding -- Older 737 F might have been a touch better but very similiar
Having utilized PP a few times on TPACs pre-COVID, I would agree with this. While narrower, the added recline, leg/foot rest, and somewhat better padding than domestic first put it at least on par, if not slightly better. Plus it has video screens so you feel like you're on a modern aircraft.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To me the leg rest for Premium Plus is a big advantage over domestic First.

The headrest flaps for P+ are also newer and stiffer, so they tend to stay put. It's a real bummer when you try to take a nap and the headrest just flops down when you lean on it.
lsquare and atword like this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 2:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by atword
Having utilized PP a few times on TPACs pre-COVID, I would agree with this. While narrower, the added recline, leg/foot rest, and somewhat better padding than domestic first put it at least on par, if not slightly better. Plus it has video screens so you feel like you're on a modern aircraft.
And a PP equipped aircraft is usually headed somewhere more interesting than a 737 would be
trooper, CALMSP, lsquare and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 4:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Haven't flown UA yet, but did take OS out of IAD in PY, and I'm thinking the first row of PY is best? Wife and I were in the last row on OS, and even though only 6 of us were in the cabin, if someone had been in front of us, the amount of recline makes it seem like they are right in your lap.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CALMSP
Haven't flown UA yet, but did take OS out of IAD in PY, and I'm thinking the first row of PY is best? Wife and I were in the last row on OS, and even though only 6 of us were in the cabin, if someone had been in front of us, the amount of recline makes it seem like they are right in your lap.
What equipment was OS operating?
Old Dec 3, 2020, 7:12 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by cesco.g
What equipment was OS operating?
763. We're looking at booking ORD-ZRH on UA for next summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.