Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

3-class F seat now sold as Domestic F/Polaris Bus,GS or J/C/D 1K? may select pre-OLCI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Ari
As of Feb. 5, only Global Services are able to select FC seats. The ability for 1K to reserve seats was removed. Existing 1K seat selections appear to be kept. In June 2019, the advance access for 1Ks on J/C/D fares was restored. [It appears this is not the case.]

Ex-GlobalFirst seats are selectable for all confirmed business class passengers at check in, even if >24 hrs from flight with GF seats (in the case of positioning flights).

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 2
Print Wikipost

3-class F seat now sold as Domestic F/Polaris Bus,GS or J/C/D 1K? may select pre-OLCI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wxguy
UA895 ORD-HKG 29Jan. I was surprised to see a regular passenger in 1A, and no blocked crew seat (not even the old 6B). Both resting crew members used the bunks. I wonder if pre-flight the crew can opt out of 1A and give it up for a revenue passenger?
Interesting ... ship 2795 is a 77J config that isn’t supposed to have any crew rest module. Were any
seats blocked at all for crew?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by wxguy
UA895 ORD-HKG 29Jan. I was surprised to see a regular passenger in 1A, and no blocked crew seat (not even the old 6B). Both resting crew members used the bunks. I wonder if pre-flight the crew can opt out of 1A and give it up for a revenue passenger?
Do they get a bonus if they do that?
greenpau likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
The crew rest is supposed to be 1A. You should be fine in 2A.
Fine indeed -- was a great flight all around! Glad to have had a chance to check this seat out before it disappears.
StuckinITH likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GBadger
Fine indeed -- was a great flight all around! Glad to have had a chance to check this seat out before it disappears.
Isn't amazing how HUGE it is? I knew seats were getting smaller and smaller, but until I sat in one of these a few months ago (when they stated giving them to 1Ks for free), I don't think I realized just how much.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chavala
Isn't amazing how HUGE it is? I knew seats were getting smaller and smaller, but until I sat in one of these a few months ago (when they stated giving them to 1Ks for free), I don't think I realized just how much.
There was certainly a lot of space -- to me it wasn't that the seat felt that much larger, but more that the storage and space around you was so much more generous. Plenty of space to put everything -- laptop while eating, headphones, etc. Will be interesting to check out the new Polaris seat at some point and see how it compares.
tuolumne and chavala like this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GBadger
There was certainly a lot of space -- to me it wasn't that the seat felt that much larger, but more that the storage and space around you was so much more generous. Plenty of space to put everything -- laptop while eating, headphones, etc. Will be interesting to check out the new Polaris seat at some point and see how it compares.
You will feel that it's so tight. For me, as I'm getting older, it's hard to get up from a window seat. However, I still choose window seats as the privacy is unbeatable.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Finally was able to get in on this, was looking every few days on a seatmap of my reservation and saw a spot open, I got the last old GF seat on a 777 DEN-SFO in a few weeks, paid the $157 USD upfare just to try the seat before its completely gone, fingers crossed for no equipment change !!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
I was able to book a business saver award on a Europe to US flight. As a 1k was able to book the "United first" seat. However, the flight is in mid Feb and I wont be 1k anymore at that time. As long as I dont touch the reservation, the seat assignment should still stick right?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
I was able to book a business saver award on a Europe to US flight. As a 1k was able to book the "United first" seat. However, the flight is in mid Feb and I wont be 1k anymore at that time. As long as I dont touch the reservation, the seat assignment should still stick right?
The problem is if they swap your flight to a Polarized plane and then they swap it back to a plane with the former First Class. In that case you will lose the former First Class seats.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
The problem is if they swap your flight to a Polarized plane and then they swap it back to a plane with the former First Class. In that case you will lose the former First Class seats.
What are the chances of 2 swaps in 2 weeks lol.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

You must be kidding. I got two swaps in 12 hours.
iluv2fly and chavala like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got two swaps in 24 hours.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
I've been double-swapped out of my seat a number of times in the last 6 months...
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:39 pm

Wow, I've never been swapped where the seat map changed and I've booked flights months out!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
"lol" is right! I got 2 within 8 hours of each other after check-in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.