Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

3-class F seat now sold as Domestic F/Polaris Bus,GS or J/C/D 1K? may select pre-OLCI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Ari
As of Feb. 5, only Global Services are able to select FC seats. The ability for 1K to reserve seats was removed. Existing 1K seat selections appear to be kept. In June 2019, the advance access for 1Ks on J/C/D fares was restored. [It appears this is not the case.]

Ex-GlobalFirst seats are selectable for all confirmed business class passengers at check in, even if >24 hrs from flight with GF seats (in the case of positioning flights).

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 2
Print Wikipost

3-class F seat now sold as Domestic F/Polaris Bus,GS or J/C/D 1K? may select pre-OLCI

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: United 1K 2 Million Miles, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Just notified that my 1k seat on new Polaris seat 777 has been swapped tomorrow 11/28 on UA919, so am now sat in diamond style 6K, I have upgraded and online showing only one seat left in GF. Am I able still to try and get this at T24?
Thanks
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:26 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Trappy
Just notified that my 1k seat on new Polaris seat 777 has been swapped tomorrow 11/28 on UA919, so am now sat in diamond style 6K, I have upgraded and online showing only one seat left in GF. Am I able still to try and get this at T24?
Thanks
Yes. However it’s possible the frame will be swapped again before or after checkin.

Last edited by cranky1K; Nov 27, 2019 at 2:44 am
Old Nov 27, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: United 1K 2 Million Miles, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Grabbed it :-)
cur and cranky1K like this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA
Does anyone know if the first two rows are selectable at all for non-1K or GS flyers? I'm assuming that 24 hours before takeoff they open up when you check in online.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 12, 2020 at 10:39 pm Reason: Moved to consolidated thread
Old Jan 12, 2020, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vaguba
Does anyone know if the first two rows are selectable at all for non-1K or GS flyers? I'm assuming that 24 hours before takeoff they open up when you check in online.
The last I knew of was selectable by GS only before check-in, then selectable by anyone at check-in.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:51 am

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
UA 305 ord sfo 4/4/20

I stumbled onto this scenario when I booked what I believed to be domestic first. As I looked at the various flight options I saw the 777 and picked that flight when I saw the seat map stating it was a Polaris set up. I then selected 1A. At that point I noticed that it was actually labeled a Polaris first seat.

I have no status with United. Just a MileagePlus account with some miles. Should I just leave this as is, or move to a BC seat in case someone with higher status is given that seat?

Thank you.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Steve Weagant
I stumbled onto this scenario when I booked what I believed to be domestic first. As I looked at the various flight options I saw the 777 and picked that flight when I saw the seat map stating it was a Polaris set up. I then selected 1A. At that point I noticed that it was actually labeled a Polaris first seat.

I have no status with United. Just a MileagePlus account with some miles. Should I just leave this as is, or move to a BC seat in case someone with higher status is given that seat?

Thank you.
If you have that assignment, they won't move you from it for a higher status passenger. Aircraft swaps may mean you lose the seat, but there's no reason to change it now.

I notice those seats do show accurately as unoccupied or occupied in the booking path, so maybe they are not restricting advance assignment now.

Hope you get to keep it, and enjoy!
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I see the 77L (Polaris/PE) seatmap for that flight (with PE seats as regular Y), not the legacy 3-class. You will be in a new Polaris seat most likely, not the legacy First seat. There are only five of the 3-class frames left and probably fewer by April.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:01 pm

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
Thank you for information on UA 305

I would be happy with a seat in Polaris period for the price I paid. It will be a fun trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.