Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

3-class F seat now sold as Domestic F/Polaris Bus,GS or J/C/D 1K? may select pre-OLCI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Ari
As of Feb. 5, only Global Services are able to select FC seats. The ability for 1K to reserve seats was removed. Existing 1K seat selections appear to be kept. In June 2019, the advance access for 1Ks on J/C/D fares was restored. [It appears this is not the case.]

Ex-GlobalFirst seats are selectable for all confirmed business class passengers at check in, even if >24 hrs from flight with GF seats (in the case of positioning flights).

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 2
Print Wikipost

3-class F seat now sold as Domestic F/Polaris Bus,GS or J/C/D 1K? may select pre-OLCI

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Correct, until check-in. At check-in it is possible as a 1K to select a seat in row 1 or two 2.
Or as anyone else - so act fast!
seanp7, Duke777, narvik and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
It's been more than half a year since change:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-pre-ocli.html
And even longer than that since a bird I flew on actually had them! keep switching to Polaris at t-72
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA Global Services -- Marriott Ambassador Elite - AA Gold
On one today actually from ORD-GRU. As a GS I chose 2A "first class seat" when I bought the ticket a few weeks ago, so still works for GS.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by findark
Good lord, I did not know this. I'm a freaking idiot
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by UAL250
Good lord, I did not know this. I'm a freaking idiot
Those old Global First seats are nice, they almost have TOO MUCH storage. I was in 1A and there were like 4 or 5 cubby holes to throw stuff in, it was nice to finally have a big bin to put all the bedding in but I was legit afraid I was going to leave something on the plane because it was stashed away in one of the cubbys.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
I managed to get snag 2GF for us on an empty flight back from LHR a few weeks ago. My SO and I were on separate reservations and checked in right at T-24. She's a Gold and I'm a 1K.

Love the spaciousness of GF!
Old Sep 18, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by tmo454
On one today actually from ORD-GRU. As a GS I chose 2A "first class seat" when I bought the ticket a few weeks ago, so still works for GS.
I did ORD-GRU 2 weeks ago in 2K as a 1K - 3 open F seats at check-in ^

It looks like EWR-GRU is switching to a 77W soon so these awesome seats to GRU may be on tough to find (ORD-GRU frequently gets Polarised!)
Old Sep 18, 2019, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by findark
Yes, and you have more chances of getting one of those seats if you have a connecting flight to get to that pmUA 772. In July, my wife was booked on a connecting flight that left 5 hours prior to our ORD-PVG flight and she got a seat in the former First Class. The people booking my trip by mistake had booked me on a flight from the same airport that left 3 hours prior to our ORD-PVG flight and by then it was too late (I had given them the flight number for the first flight out......). In retrospect, I should have changed that connecting flight during the 24 hours grace period.......especially since I had to drive my wife to the airport at 4:30 AM.........and then did a SDC at the airport to her flight (which the UA agent was not able to do on the phone the day before).
Old Sep 18, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by DutchessPDX
... they almost have TOO MUCH storage.
There is no such thing on a plane!
Old Oct 13, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
I am thinking of booking an award seat on UA972. It appears to be a 777 version 2. Is this correct? There are 8 seats in the old First Class cabin now listed as Polaris Business. They seem pretty private. Should I select one of them or is there a better seat?
Old Oct 13, 2019, 1:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I am thinking of booking an award seat on UA972. It appears to be a 777 version 2. Is this correct? There are 8 seats in the old First Class cabin now listed as Polaris Business....
Two things to be aware of:
Depending on how soon this flight is, there is a reasonable chance it will actually witch to a true Polaris aircraft

Those 8 seats can only be booked in advance by GS.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Two things to be aware of:
Depending on how soon this flight is, there is a reasonable chance it will actually witch to a true Polaris aircraft

Those 8 seats can only be booked in advance by GS.
The flight is for 8/12/20!
Old Oct 13, 2019, 1:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Zero chance of the older 3-class aircraft will still be operating at that point. The retrofit process will be completed well before that. (by end of the year or early Q1)
Old Oct 13, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Definitely don't count getting that configuration.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Zero chance of the older 3-class aircraft will still be operating at that point. The retrofit process will be completed well before that. (by end of the year or early Q1)
So, I should just pick any seat and then wait for a schedule change?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.