Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

3-class F seat now sold as Domestic F/Polaris Bus,GS or J/C/D 1K? may select pre-OLCI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Ari
As of Feb. 5, only Global Services are able to select FC seats. The ability for 1K to reserve seats was removed. Existing 1K seat selections appear to be kept. In June 2019, the advance access for 1Ks on J/C/D fares was restored. [It appears this is not the case.]

Ex-GlobalFirst seats are selectable for all confirmed business class passengers at check in, even if >24 hrs from flight with GF seats (in the case of positioning flights).

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 2
Print Wikipost

3-class F seat now sold as Domestic F/Polaris Bus,GS or J/C/D 1K? may select pre-OLCI

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chavala
Wow you are right -- they just changed it now! I must have caught it as the change was in process, because I didn't yet have a seat assignment and it wouldn't let me select one. I just kept refreshing it, then had to re-check-in to change it to a seat I like
PMCO 767-300 1D changed to 1F Polaris. Was able to switch to 3A before the rest of the seats were assigned..
LOL They just changed it back to the original 2-1-2 config
Polaris 3A changed to old equipment 3A...I was able to switch it back to my original 1D. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
LOL They just changed it back to the original 2-1-2 config
Polaris 3A changed to old equipment 3A...I was able to switch it back to my original 1D. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.
The fact that you are always able to switch back to a good seat must be an indication that Polaris is not packed. Even with all those stressful switches, I hope that the journey and especially your stay at the destination will be enjoyable.
chavala likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
The fact that you are always able to switch back to a good seat must be an indication that Polaris is not packed. Even with all those stressful switches, I hope that the journey and especially your stay at the destination will be enjoyable.
Thank you! I slept with my phone next to my pillow last night. Couldn’t relax until now (in the air).
I kept trying to tell myself it was no big deal if I didn’t have a good seat — it's not like I’d be stuck in economy. But it’s like a game— and I want to win : )
Lori_Q and findark like this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! I slept with my phone next to my pillow last night. Couldn’t relax until now (in the air).
I kept trying to tell myself it was no big deal if I didn’t have a good seat — it's not like I’d be stuck in economy. But it’s like a game— and I want to win : )
LOL. When my wife got switched from 2K on a 3-class 772 to 2L on a Polarized 772 and there were no odd window seats open in the front cabin, she reacted like she was going to have the worst flight in her 58 years of flying.....and she had done a lot of them in Economy...... It's good that at the gate they were able to give her 5L. However, I never volunteered to give her my 1L seat.......
thedon, chavala and findark like this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Originally Posted by 747FC

The former GF cabin is now only bookable by GS and 1K. As J seats.
Really? Not even available at check in if empty?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by navatwal
I'm sure the GAs can put pax anywhere. But not relevant on IAD-SFO.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by navatwal
Those of us who became accustomed to the GF seats are doomed to J. A sad state of affairs. This reality is just striking us non-GS/1Ks a bit earlier, but eventually all are doomed.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Had a nice little journey in 2K (old Polaris First) last night, GRU-EWR. I got switched, with an alert, 5 days ago from 2A (which I selected) to 2K due to an aircraft change - which I thought was all a bit odd. The seat held though. Flight was full in all classes.

This was my first Polaris flight since they put the Gel pillow on your seat as standard. I requested (and got) a mattress pad. The service in the front F section was really attentive; all in all a nice little perk for 1K/GS. ^
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:26 pm

I just flew ORD-SFO on a 777-200 last Saturday evening, on a flight that was booked in late October.

I was able to select Seat 1A on a three-class airplane at the time of completing reservation, despite the fact that I have never had any status on UA except being a MP member.

I did not enjoy sitting on the tarmac for an hour after landing at SFO, however. (This was due to inclement weather.) The Global First seat helped me cope indeed!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by greekflyer
I just flew ORD-SFO on a 777-200 last Saturday evening, on a flight that was booked in late October.

I was able to select Seat 1A on a three-class airplane at the time of completing reservation, despite the fact that I have never had any status on UA except being a MP member. ...
There was a day or two window in late October where anyone could select the front cabin seats if holding a premium cabin ticket.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:55 am

I am on a domestic flight next week operated by a 3-class 772 (I think). The seat map is wonky: first and business look like a 3-class 772, but economy is 3-4-3 with "F" seats all grayed out - I've seen this before on this flight, it usually goes to 3-3-3 once the aircraft is assigned.

There is 1 open seat in the old first class. When I select it on the website, the selection does not stick. When I select in the app, it wants to charge me $399. Is this normal? FWIW, I am a 1K on a D fare.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:31 pm

Check your seat assignments... the seat maps for my 4 upcoming 777-200 flights (all 3 class) have disappeared
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Just snagged 2A on a 3-class config 772 2.5 hours before boarding on my SFO-LHR flight. Hopefully it sticks!

and hopefully it is not crew rest?

Last edited by GBadger; Jan 28, 2019 at 4:59 pm
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GBadger
Just snagged 2A on a 3-class config 772 2.5 hours before boarding on my SFO-LHR flight. Hopefully it sticks!

and hopefully it is not crew rest?
The crew rest is supposed to be 1A. You should be fine in 2A.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
UA895 ORD-HKG 29Jan. I was surprised to see a regular passenger in 1A, and no blocked crew seat (not even the old 6B). Both resting crew members used the bunks. I wonder if pre-flight the crew can opt out of 1A and give it up for a revenue passenger?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.