Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Interim 77x seatmaps with Polaris seats & potentially Premium Economy (2018-19))

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

This seatmap is being used for all flights will an sUA 777-200ER scheduled. It is being used to guard against equipment swaps into one of the three possible seating configurations: legacy sUA 3-class (8F/40J and 3-3-3 in Y), 2-class Polaris (50J and 3-4-3Y), and 3-class Polaris/PE (50J/24W and 3-4-3 Y). The actual seatmap for the aircraft assigned to your flight will become available when the flight is added to the normal Flight Status display, approximately 60 hours before departure (usually overnight).

Blocks in Economy are at all 'F' seats, plus 20CH, 21BJ, 22BJ, and 35ABCDE (the last for accommodation). The blocks are designed so that, regardless of which equipment flies, no one will be moved or scrambled when the seatmap updates. Instead, some seats will unblock and some blocked seats may be deleted based on the real configuration, and then some rows may be added. This process is similar to that for the 757-300, 737-900, and other frames with uncertain configurations.

Some danger remains if there are more equipment swaps after the initial frame assignment, and the change from F/J to Polaris in the forward cabins is not a well-defined mapping.

Premium Economy, if on the plane used, would be Rows 20-22, Seats AB[ ]DEFG[ ]KL

Similarly, as Premium Plus is added to the existing Polaris 773s, Rows 19/20/21 seats B & K are not shown, to accommodate potential swaps between PP & non-PP equipped aircraft.

It is speculated that once PP is offered as a true separate cabin. UA will focus the PP equipped aircraft on a few selected routes to minimize the swap risk.
Print Wikipost

Interim 77x seatmaps with Polaris seats & potentially Premium Economy (2018-19))

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Kacee
They're not.
The seat map image indicates that they are putting PE seats in the old planes. I'll wait to see one for myself.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MostlyUA
The seat map image indicates that they are putting PE seats in the old planes. I'll wait to see one for myself.
They're not. The seat map doesn't reflect reality; it's a hybrid between the old and new configurations so that they don't have too many seating issues when they assign a plane to a given flight.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
You might try reading the wiki before making such a ridiculous comment
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Kacee
You might try reading the wiki before making such a ridiculous comment
Thanks. I guess I deserve that. Although in my defense, I am connecting via United wifi so I wasn't about to read the wiki. Interesting - I am flying SFO-CDG in November and the equipment is a 787.
Kacee likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Sorry. Late to the chain. Why is United putting in PE class on planes with the old business class seat configuration? It would make better sense to put them in the Polaris equipped 777's. BTW, I called to try to get upgraded to the defunct FC and GS Agent said the upgrades can't be confirmed beforehand.
The last comment you had is best answered on the thread: "Upgrades/access to Polaris Global First since UA ended Polaris Global First sales".

You can only put yourself on a waitlist for that upgrade, using instruments. They usually confirm on day of departure.

However, if you end up in a plane with the new Polaris seats and the Premium Economy seats, you will not have Polaris First Class seats to upgrade to.

But the 787 does not have First Class seats.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by FUNTOWNE
UA 932 on 06-JAN-19 has a slightly different seatmap to that of the wiki. My wife and I are squatting 20 A and B. 20AB are one of the few coveted pairs of seats onboard this plane, they're a safe bet either way for us should the plane not have PE.

This is functionally the same as in the Wiki (you might post it there, though). In the app the seats show as not existing (just a blank grey). On the website they show as taken seats (kind of like the ones blocked for pilot rest, which are grey online but have no image in the app).
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Middle Seats are REALLY popular!?

Hey guys...

Looking at an early mileage run in January, just to get it out of the way, and I'm looking at ORD-NRT. It's a 777-200.

Check out this seat map:

:P Obviously some sort of glitch, but.... weird!
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
It's an interim seat map in case the plane gets swapped out to a new 3-4-3 one.
drewguy likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
You'll be wanting this thread - Interim 772 Seat Map

This is a placeholder for in case you get premium economy on your flight. Choose rows 20-22 and keep your fingers crossed.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
narvik - pessimist.
cricketer - optimist.

:-)
narvik likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Boogie711
Hey guys...

Looking at an early mileage run in January, just to get it out of the way, and I'm looking at ORD-NRT. It's a 777-200.

Check out this seat map:

:P Obviously some sort of glitch, but.... weird!
No, you are looking at a map that is for if they swap the 3-class 772 (OK, now there's no First Class but there are still the very good seats upfront) for a plane withe the new Polaris seats. In Economy, instead of 9 across, it will be 10 across. So, they don't fill those F seats in Economy for if it's the 772 with 9 across.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Just came across the interim seat map for a flight next Thursday. Currently sitting in my favored row 33. There are 2 seats open in row 20 and 3 in 22. What are the chances the plane will get the new PP seating? Worth it to change?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Just came across the interim seat map for a flight next Thursday. Currently sitting in my favored row 33. There are 2 seats open in row 20 and 3 in 22. What are the chances the plane will get the new PP seating? Worth it to change?
If there is a swatch to Polaris a/c, make the change to rows 20-22 at T-48 h or earlier. Check the seat map early and often. Good luck.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Chances -- well this is not a truly random selection, so odds without more internal information can not be calculated
What is know is there are 9 converted previous 3-class 772 aircraft, 2 in the shop and 22 not yet converted.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
When the seat map, in my case, changes to a solid 777-200 config and not the generic one, is that as close an indicator as possible that that will be the config you are on? My experience of this is that it 100% is, but my sample size is only 3 flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.