Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Interim 77x seatmaps with Polaris seats & potentially Premium Economy (2018-19))

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

This seatmap is being used for all flights will an sUA 777-200ER scheduled. It is being used to guard against equipment swaps into one of the three possible seating configurations: legacy sUA 3-class (8F/40J and 3-3-3 in Y), 2-class Polaris (50J and 3-4-3Y), and 3-class Polaris/PE (50J/24W and 3-4-3 Y). The actual seatmap for the aircraft assigned to your flight will become available when the flight is added to the normal Flight Status display, approximately 60 hours before departure (usually overnight).

Blocks in Economy are at all 'F' seats, plus 20CH, 21BJ, 22BJ, and 35ABCDE (the last for accommodation). The blocks are designed so that, regardless of which equipment flies, no one will be moved or scrambled when the seatmap updates. Instead, some seats will unblock and some blocked seats may be deleted based on the real configuration, and then some rows may be added. This process is similar to that for the 757-300, 737-900, and other frames with uncertain configurations.

Some danger remains if there are more equipment swaps after the initial frame assignment, and the change from F/J to Polaris in the forward cabins is not a well-defined mapping.

Premium Economy, if on the plane used, would be Rows 20-22, Seats AB[ ]DEFG[ ]KL

Similarly, as Premium Plus is added to the existing Polaris 773s, Rows 19/20/21 seats B & K are not shown, to accommodate potential swaps between PP & non-PP equipped aircraft.

It is speculated that once PP is offered as a true separate cabin. UA will focus the PP equipped aircraft on a few selected routes to minimize the swap risk.
Print Wikipost

Interim 77x seatmaps with Polaris seats & potentially Premium Economy (2018-19))

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by uastarflyer

SteveO - don’t ask drewguy for those lotto numbers.

But if doomed to Y, old config is like winning a door prize. New 772s and 77w are horrible.
+1 to that. The Polaris swap benefits you in Y only if you get PP seating. Otherwise it’s a further shrunken E+ seat that makes the 787 look spacious.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by drewguy

+1 to that. The Polaris swap benefits you in Y only if you get PP seating. Otherwise it’s a further shrunken E+ seat that makes the 787 look spacious.
nothing makes the 787 economy seating seem spacious. Seat width with 3-3-3 is no better than a 777 with 3-4-3. It’s comparable misery. BOEING said the 787 was designed for 8 across if I remember correctly but it clearly is.

Last edited by tryathlete; Oct 15, 2018 at 6:41 am
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
$229 from E to PP seat

Thursday ORD-PVG shows the new Polaris/PP seat map. Is there any danger for switching back to the old sUA 772 seat. Will you pay $229 for this seat? Thx!
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:18 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Thursday ORD-PVG shows the new Polaris/PP seat map. Is there any danger for switching back to the old sUA 772 seat. Will you pay $229 for this seat? Thx!
Is UA selling the PP seat separate from E+?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
No. They are sold as E+. Free for me.
jjmoore likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:28 am

UA 932 on 06-JAN-19 has a slightly different seatmap to that of the wiki. My wife and I are squatting 20 A and B. 20AB are one of the few coveted pairs of seats onboard this plane, they're a safe bet either way for us should the plane not have PE.

Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:50 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
Originally Posted by Kmxu
No. They are sold as E+. Free for me.
I asked because the poster, a 1K, referred to a price.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Well, it is for my son who has no status at United. But I will have to pay for him.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by FUNTOWNE
UA 932 on 06-JAN-19 has a slightly different seatmap to that of the wiki. My wife and I are squatting 20 A and B. 20AB are one of the few coveted pairs of seats onboard this plane, they're a safe bet either way for us should the plane not have PE.

You will be fine either way. 20C and 20H are both blocked because on the PE mod, that seat won't exist. On the old aircraft, 20C and 20H also don't exist because that is the row with 2 seats windowside. You are in great shape either way.... best seats on the plane in Y.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by jjmoore
You will be fine either way. 20C and 20H are both blocked because on the PE mod, that seat won't exist. On the old aircraft, 20C and 20H also don't exist because that is the row with 2 seats windowside. You are in great shape either way.... best seats on the plane in Y.

Thanks for the confirmation! I recall there having been some paired seats by the mid-cabin bathrooms, those appear to now be gone according to the new seat map!
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by FUNTOWNE
Thanks for the confirmation! I recall there having been some paired seats by the mid-cabin bathrooms, those appear to now be gone according to the new seat map!
I like the new interim seat map, as it is far more clear as to which sections are window sections and which sections are middle sections. At least if the old plane is swapped in, you will have a middle seat open if you chose a window pair, and can switch one person in the record to optimize once the actual plane is chosen.

Last edited by jjmoore; Oct 17, 2018 at 5:59 am
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Few minutes ago Ive received text message from UA that my seat for upcoming IAD-NRT flight has changed. With the old map layout I've chosen 20J. Now my seat is 20K.
I went to the app to see new seat and it is in PE My return flight NRT-IAD is still showing old layout but with 2 seats in rows 20-22. I have 20A and will see in a week if it's also PE seat.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I asked because the poster, a 1K, referred to a price.
Right. I did a dummy booking to check.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Sorry. Late to the chain. Why is United putting in PE class on planes with the old business class seat configuration? It would make better sense to put them in the Polaris equipped 777's. BTW, I called to try to get upgraded to the defunct FC and GS Agent said the upgrades can't be confirmed beforehand.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by MostlyUA
Sorry. Late to the chain. Why is United putting in PE class on planes with the old business class seat configuration?
They're not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.