Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
IAH-MCO dinner flight last night, choice of Paella or Cobb Salad. Had paella, wasn't good this time.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
SEA-DEN Mid-afternoon Flight.

Oh sorry, that was a while back. Now featuring:
I will say one thing in defense of that cheese plate - if you ignore the fact that it used to be a meal, I think it looks good on its own. What I wouldn't give for that to be "Refreshments" instead of the awful snack basket.
SFO 1K likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Feb 16 FLL-IAD

UA offered two snack options on this 1:20 pm: chicken salad and cheese plate. I picked the salad.

A nice view of Boca Raton Florida a few minutes after taking off from FLL.

Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Saturday, Feb. 17th, 8:15AM flight - PHL - IAH. United Express E175. Very skimpy serving of granola! Several people in first class asked for snack boxes from the back as well. However, great service from the FA.
Breakfast - PHL-IAH
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by username
Wow. Kind of crazy that only morning flights >= 3 hours will get full breakfast.

I can just imagine Kirby, after seeing our better meals before, telling Oscar "This is not how you run an airline. You are giving away the store and our bonuses. We have to cut cut cut." (And in his mind: "and cut you right out of your job so I can take the whole thing over." )
Funny thing, they actually ended up serving breakfast, it was a choice of the calzone or raisin bran. I got the calzone, it came with fruit and yogurt, but there was no croissant/cinnamon roll. After thinking about the extra hour of sleep, saved calories, and saved upgrade expense, I'm actually fine with skipping their crappy breakfast anyway.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by findark
I will say one thing in defense of that cheese plate - if you ignore the fact that it used to be a meal, I think it looks good on its own. What I wouldn't give for that to be "Refreshments" instead of the awful snack basket.
Cheese looks pretty good. Very skimpy on the crackers though. That is a bunch of cheese for 2 measly water crackers.

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
UA offered two snack options on this 1:20 pm: chicken salad and cheese plate. I picked the salad.

A nice view of Boca Raton Florida a few minutes after taking off from FLL.

Are they still offering this salad without dressing, or maybe it is hiding out somewhere?
Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Flew LAX-EWR this afternoon. I had the grilled salmon with coconut red curry, ramen noodles and baby bok choy. The dish was nicely flavored actually. I noticed there is no longer a bread basket, just two pieces pre-plated. Lame. Ice cream sundae was small, which is fine, but I miss the gluttonously large version.

Something was up with the meal flow. There was a significant delay between the entree and dessert. The flight was only 4H 19M and service concluded over Nebraska 2+ hours in. The snack basket came out 30 minutes later, with the pre-arrival snack being offered about an hour before landing.

Last edited by anc-ord772; Feb 18, 2018 at 9:59 pm
Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anc-ord772
I noticed there is no longer a bread basket, just two pieces pre-plated.
Was on a TPAC Polaris flight and the same thing. A pretzel roll + a bad-as-usual garlic bread. The pre-landing breakfast was offered with a selection though.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Cheese looks pretty good. Very skimpy on the crackers though. That is a bunch of cheese for 2 measly water crackers.

Are they still offering this salad without dressing, or maybe it is hiding out somewhere?
No dressing, but I created one using the wedge of lime, diced tomato and pepper.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 5:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
Saturday, Feb. 17th, 8:15AM flight - PHL - IAH. United Express E175. Very skimpy serving of granola! Several people in first class asked for snack boxes from the back as well. However, great service from the FA.
Breakfast - PHL-IAH
Scott Kirby wants to help us all lose weight. We shouldn't so critical of paying for an F seat and getting tiny sometimes inedible portions.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
No dressing, but I created one using the wedge of lime, diced tomato and pepper.

I've had this recently and no dressing served. Like UA_Flyer, used the lime, salt/pepper and the diced veggies to make a "dressing" of sorts.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
MCO-IAH dinner flight. Had buffalo chicken mac n cheese, nice spiciness. Forget what was other choice.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
HNL-DEN last night. Billed as a Snack flight. Fell asleep soon after take-off but was offered a cheeseburger when I awoke. Didn't need the additional calories and wasn't impressed with the burger before so passed and just got something to drink before going back to sleep. It looked like one of the other passengers had a Japanese buckwheat noodle salad, not sure if that was the second option they ran out of or a special menu item. Woke again when the pilot was telling everyone to buckle in and prepare for landing so don't know if there was an arrival snack offered this time.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
MCO-IAH dinner flight. Had buffalo chicken mac n cheese, nice spiciness. Forget what was other choice.
Second choice was a salmon salad.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: United 1K, Expedia Rewards Gold, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Gold Status, Presidential Plus
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
Breakfast - PHL-IAH
The fact this is a mainline first class meal (snack or not) is absolutely ridiculous. Kirby is the worst.

Last edited by munster182; Feb 20, 2018 at 9:33 am Reason: Learned to read: this is an E175. Still ridiculous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.