Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
I disagree, unfortunately.

While the OP should get a meal under the outlined description, meals are almost always what the code says it is. So if it says refreshments, expect just that. When in doubt, trust the code.
sigh. you're probably right. snack tray on that route kind of stinks -- I've been flying it for years and it's sad to see this service diminished. just took a look and it appears DL Shuttle has reduced F meal service as well.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
While the OP should get a meal under the outlined description, meals are almost always what the code says it is. So if it says refreshments, expect just that. When in doubt, trust the code.
+1. If being fed is important, buy some food in the terminal.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by onthesam
sigh. you're probably right. snack tray on that route kind of stinks -- I've been flying it for years and it's sad to see this service diminished. just took a look and it appears DL Shuttle has reduced F meal service as well.
this is what I get from Delta when I look at ORD-LGA ... where do you see reduced F meal service on the shuttle?

Fresher Fine Dining

Savor each bite on your trip with full meal service featuring a variety of fresh, wholesome and local options as part of your meal. Complete your dining experience with select wines or other complimentary alcoholic beverages.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:59 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
At least I'll have lounge access at LGA, although from memory, it wasn't much to get excited about.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
this is what I get from Delta when I look at ORD-LGA ... where do you see reduced F meal service on the shuttle?

Fresher Fine Dining

Savor each bite on your trip with full meal service featuring a variety of fresh, wholesome and local options as part of your meal. Complete your dining experience with select wines or other complimentary alcoholic beverages.
The 'select flights' language on the DL Shuttle page:
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by sol95
I have a quick query for those who are in the know...

I have a UX flight on an E-175 from LGA-ORD seated in F. The blocked duration for the flight is 2hrs 48mins leaving at 4:30pm, which is meant to include a dinner going by United's website. Initially when I booked, a dinner was part of the flight. But on checking yesterday, it's now listed as "refreshments".

So has United changed their meals service for F on UX?

As I will be transferring from an earlier international flight, I'm not entirely sure if I will be hungry or not. But if meals are no longer served on flights of this duration, then I want to know beforehand so I can grab a meal before getting on the flight if I'm hungry.

Thanks everyone.

This one of the major downgrades of the new meal rules... no exceptions. LGA-ORD, while blocked for somewhere around 2h40m for most flights, has an in-flight time of significantly less than 2h19m. The meal codes are referencing average in-flight time both directions. So it looks to me that without exception markets this flight is now in the 1h to 2h19m category (All refreshments, all the time!). However according to new rules all Mainline and UAXflights follow same meal rules, so all flights should have same meal codes. So no idea what is happening here. Please let us know!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by UAinAUS

This one of the major downgrades of the new meal rules... no exceptions. LGA-ORD, while blocked for somewhere around 2h40m for most flights, has an in-flight time of significantly less than 2h19m. The meal codes are referencing average in-flight time both directions. So it looks to me that without exception markets this flight is now in the 1h to 2h19m category (All refreshments, all the time!). However according to new rules all Mainline and UAXflights follow same meal rules, so all flights should have same meal codes. So no idea what is happening here. Please let us know!
That's interesting...

I just did a dummy booking, and looks like a flight 30 minutes later on a mainline A320 has dinner served onboard...

I might see if I can change my current flight to that one, or SDC on the day. Taking the later flight really doesn't make a difference as I'll be currently in transit at ORD for almost 3hrs.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Does anyone know the difference between breakfast offerings between Business and E+ for Premium Transcon Service outside of no fancy plates for E+? Is the food offering completely different, or the same as what is being offered for Business but E+ just gets what's left.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:20 am

Flights departing LGA around around 6pm are still tagged as 'dinner.' Looks like there are some exceptions to "no exceptions"
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by EAlyse
Does anyone know the difference between breakfast offerings between Business and E+ for Premium Transcon Service outside of no fancy plates for E+? Is the food offering completely different, or the same as what is being offered for Business but E+ just gets what's left.
It's completely different food. This is a breakfast menu for J, and these are some pancakes from E+. There is some similarity where the offerings are the same (for example, omelettes) but the sourcing is still different.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Anyone know what they are serving on SFO-ORD for Breakfast and ORD-SFO for lunch? Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
3/1 UA6208: PHL-IAH (E75) - Breakfast

3/5 UA1867: SEA-IAH - Lunch
Buffalo Mac and Cheese

3/5 UA6136: IAH-PHL - Dinner (E75)
Siracha Chicken Wrap
Old Mar 11, 2018, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott, Delta, United, AA
It seems hard to keep up with United on meal service these days.

Does united still serve sundaes for dessert on non-premium transcons at dinner? Ie EWR-SJC, SAN, LAS?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:25 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by eng3
3/1 UA6208: PHL-IAH (E75) - Breakfast

3/5 UA1867: SEA-IAH - Lunch
Buffalo Mac and Cheese

3/5 UA6136: IAH-PHL - Dinner (E75)
Siracha Chicken Wrap
A full day's worth of gross looking meals.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Had the seared beef short rib both legs of my EWR-LAX trip this weekend. Ridiculously overcooked both times...last time I’m ordering any beef dish on UA. I should know better by now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.