FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:45 pm
UAinAUS

Programs: UA 1K, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by sol95
I have a quick query for those who are in the know...

I have a UX flight on an E-175 from LGA-ORD seated in F. The blocked duration for the flight is 2hrs 48mins leaving at 4:30pm, which is meant to include a dinner going by United's website. Initially when I booked, a dinner was part of the flight. But on checking yesterday, it's now listed as "refreshments".

So has United changed their meals service for F on UX?

As I will be transferring from an earlier international flight, I'm not entirely sure if I will be hungry or not. But if meals are no longer served on flights of this duration, then I want to know beforehand so I can grab a meal before getting on the flight if I'm hungry.

Thanks everyone.

This one of the major downgrades of the new meal rules... no exceptions. LGA-ORD, while blocked for somewhere around 2h40m for most flights, has an in-flight time of significantly less than 2h19m. The meal codes are referencing average in-flight time both directions. So it looks to me that without exception markets this flight is now in the 1h to 2h19m category (All refreshments, all the time!). However according to new rules all Mainline and UAXflights follow same meal rules, so all flights should have same meal codes. So no idea what is happening here. Please let us know!