Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM

This thread is for the following United First, United Business, and Premium transcontinental service flights:
  • North America (including all 50 US States, Canada, and Mexico)
  • Caribbean and Latin America (excluding Brazil, Argentina, and Chile)
  • Intra-Pacific/Oceania/Micronesia (such as HNL-GUM and GUM-MNL)
Basically any premium cabin that is not marketed as Polaris goes in this thread.

Don't forget to post the date and route information along with the meal information!

Here's United's official page on North America premium cabin dining (including meal time windows):
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...st/dining.aspx

North American premium cabin dining includes all First and Business class flights (including p.s. Premium Service) within North America, the Caribbean, and Latin America

For the curious folks, the 2017 thread is here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1811890-2017-let-s-eat-united-first-united-business-p-s-premium-service.html

With that, Let's Eat 2018!

Last edited by warreng24; Jan 3, 2018 at 9:21 pm
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:24 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Not sure "Intra-Asia" is still a thing? NRT-ICN is no longer flown by UA metal.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:58 am

The PS premium service has been discontinued and should be removed from the title, it’s now known as premium transcontinental service. This was changed back in June I believe.
halls120 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
Originally Posted by warreng24
Caribbean and Latin America (not South America)
Are you following the practical UA definition of Central/Latin America vs South America ?
IAH/EWR-BOG are plain old United Business, not marketed as Polaris...
(although, I'm seeing a B752 scheduled on IAH-BOG mid-January, hm...)
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Flew with the kids in domestic F and they had kids meals in their profile. In both cases the special meals were loaded. On one of the flights, the FA served them first (in row 3). The dinner was fun-shaped chicken nuggets with potatoes instead of salmon or manicotti. The breakfast was two packages of chex, a greek yogurt, milk and a banana instead of crepes or huevos rancheros.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jupper
IAH/EWR-BOG are plain old United Business, not marketed as Polaris...
(although, I'm seeing a B752 scheduled on IAH-BOG mid-January, hm...)
Even with the lie-flat it's still a poor step-sister route. No pillow, just the blue tissue blanket, even on the redeye. Typical latin america catering.

There are quite a few other South America routes ex-IAH that are operated with 737s and called "United Business." Of course they now all require a GPU to upgrade
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I was just looking at the north american premium dining page on the UA site and noticed that the descriptions have changed.
I thought that in the past, if your flight was long enough, you'd get 2 meal choices or three.

Now it is just a hot or cold item. The only place I see where you get three choices is going to HI. I havent been to the page for a while so maybe this is old news.

Also, I'm trying to figure it out but I can't seem to find any difference in meal service from 3hrs to 5:19hrs

Last edited by eng3; Jan 2, 2018 at 1:13 pm
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
UA5637
ERJ 175
MSP-SFO
Lunch
1/2/18

Choice of a chicken salad/fruit or beef wrap/side salad. Had the chicken salad. Tasted okay, but I would've liked something more substantial for a four hour flight (some bread would've been nice).

Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by demkr
UA5637
ERJ 175
MSP-SFO
Lunch
1/2/18

Choice of a chicken salad/fruit or beef wrap/side salad. Had the chicken salad. Tasted okay, but I would've liked something more substantial for a four hour flight (some bread would've been nice).

Agree, but UAX's ERJs don't have ovens and all of the food and drinks are stored in the small front galley so they don't have a lot of space at all.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Morning flight 1/1 DCA-ORD, the blueberry muffin PLUS a bunch of extra stroopwaffles from the back :P
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
PS Breakfast EWR-LAX 1/2/18

Had the mushroom quiche, which was pretty good. I wanted the waffle but fell asleep while they were taking orders and missed out.

Crew was outstanding, on the go throughout the entire flight. Flight arrived almost 45 minutes early and, miracle of miracles, we only had to wait about 10 minutes for our gate.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:08 pm

Anyone have a PS menu or flown the SFO-BOS premium transcon route this month? Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by jmj10
Anyone have a PS menu or flown the SFO-BOS premium transcon route this month? Thanks!
Hoping to see a menu as well, specifically lunch going west.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quick Q: there is a 9:00 p.m. EWR-LAX flight this month. While flight details show "dinner" upfront, is this still a full dinner service?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: UA
For a redeye midcon, can I request an economy snack box instead of the snack basket they offer? 1K if it helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.