Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by blackllotus

SFO - EWR (J)
March, 11:45 PM - 8:11 AM
Meal: Snack

The hamburger was actually fine despite its looks. Edible but definitely worse than what you could buy in the airport. At first I thought the pretzel roll bun was odd but then I realized that it worked well for absorbing the grease from the burger. The bun didn't get too soggy. The toppings (smoked gouda, tomato, lettuce) actually enhanced the burger a lot.

The bowl in the upper right contains grapes.

Rating: worse than SFO dining but better than scavenging in the club lounge.
Ahh the return of the pretzel bun to the United States, it has been a Canada exclusive for the last 6 months. BTW this is the exact same burger you used to be able to buy economy except yours had the gouda separate and unmelted; the current burger in economy has a different bun but otherwise the same.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: United 1K, Expedia Rewards Gold, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Gold Status, Presidential Plus
Originally Posted by blackllotus

SFO - EWR (J)
March, 11:45 PM - 8:11 AM
Meal: Snack

The hamburger was actually fine despite its looks. Edible but definitely worse than what you could buy in the airport. At first I thought the pretzel roll bun was odd but then I realized that it worked well for absorbing the grease from the burger. The bun didn't get too soggy. The toppings (smoked gouda, tomato, lettuce) actually enhanced the burger a lot.

The bowl in the upper right contains grapes.

Rating: worse than SFO dining but better than scavenging in the club lounge.
Very nostalgic. Reminds me of public school.
onthesam likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
And meanwhile Alaska just rolled out enhanced food offerings for 1st class on their flights. 675 miles is their starting point for meals, so SEA-SFO gets a meal. Might have to look into some of their flights, with the way United is heading with their "snack" offerings.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here, but it was just posted earlier today on the main FT threads.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by munster182
at least it has lettuce, tomato and grapes. As a DEN based flyer I have forgotten those things exist.
wrp96 and gcashin like this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Originally Posted by munster182
I bet your chocolate square wasn't plated
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Ahh the return of the pretzel bun to the United States, it has been a Canada exclusive for the last 6 months. BTW this is the exact same burger you used to be able to buy economy except yours had the gouda separate and unmelted; the current burger in economy has a different bun but otherwise the same.
I don't know why you think it's been Canada exclusive for 6 months. I got the pretzel bun on DEN-HNL back on Dec 22. Wasn't impressed with "first class" lunch (yes, I know the Denver kitchen has been having issues).
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott, Delta, United, AA
Asking for a friend:

IAD-SMF dinner flight. Sundae still for dessert? Any idea what is offered I guessed two hot options.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bdlman
Asking for a friend:

IAD-SMF dinner flight. Sundae still for dessert? Any idea what is offered I guessed two hot options.
You've missed a whole round of enhancements to F meal service. The new normal is one hot and one cold choice for most meals. Sundaes are only a thing on the EWR to SFO and LAX premium transcons (perhaps BOS too).
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Dessert will probably be a warmed cookie.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Asking for a friend:

EWR-SEA (non-premium transcon) recently had beef stew or pasta with a side salad and ice cream sundae. Cookie prior to landing.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:34 am

Asking for a friend:

Three weeks ago we had the sundae on BWI-SFO.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:24 am

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Ex-MSP catering in F?

I'm booked on the morning MSP-SFO in F next week. It's a CRJ operated by Skywest.

Anyone have experience with the catering in F? It's listed as breakfast, but guessing lots of shelf-stable items? Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:18 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
I'm booked on the morning MSP-SFO in F next week. It's a CRJ operated by Skywest.

Anyone have experience with the catering in F? It's listed as breakfast, but guessing lots of shelf-stable items? Thanks!
Cereal, yogurt or fruit plate, nothing hot (no ovens)
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
3/17/18 UA(OO)5984 ORD-SLC EMB175 :
Choice of 'salad with chicken' or 'baked salmon.' Midway through ordering my default 'salad' I changed my mind and took a risk. Was not disappointed.

Baked Salmon Salad with side salad.

Last edited by onthesam; Mar 20, 2018 at 8:01 pm
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
Originally Posted by onthesam
3/17/18 UA(OO)5984 ORD-SLC EMB175 :
Choice of 'salad with chicken' or 'baked salmon.' Midway through ordering my default 'salad' I changed my mind and took a risk. Was not disappointed.

Baked Salmon Salad with side salad.
Two salads - salad with salmon, and just salad. Interesting.
chrisny2, goodeats21 and zeer0 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.