Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:16 pm

Salmon salad on the regional jets is probably the best domestic meal going on any of the carriers these days. Healthy, filling, and decent looking.
iluv2fly and onthesam like this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by JerseyCityS
Two salads - salad with salmon, and just salad. Interesting.
They probably could have done without the spinach salad, but between the salad, salad and grapes, looks like any doctor approved meal.
onthesam likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Was on a CR7 this week. Snack Basket consisted of the economy pretzels and the economy Stroopwaffles, along with the small pack of dried fruit and nuts. Those were the only items in the basket. No bananas, chips, cookies, etc.

I was in 1A, so noticed the FA preparing it. The plastic-wrapped tray had only the dried fruit packs. No other items in it, so seems it was boarded this way from catering.
Is there a new, reduced version of the snack basket out there?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Was on a CR7 this week. Snack Basket consisted of the economy pretzels and the economy Stroopwaffles, along with the small pack of dried fruit and nuts. Those were the only items in the basket. No bananas, chips, cookies, etc.

I was in 1A, so noticed the FA preparing it. The plastic-wrapped tray had only the dried fruit packs. No other items in it, so seems it was boarded this way from catering.
Is there a new, reduced version of the snack basket out there?
Were you on a "short" flight? There's an active thread about cutbacks to catering on short flights. Maybe the Y snacks on these flights migrate to becoming the F snacks, and the Y cabin gets bupkes?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by transportprof
Were you on a "short" flight? There's an active thread about cutbacks to catering on short flights. Maybe the Y snacks on these flights migrate to becoming the F snacks, and the Y cabin gets bupkes?
Yes, UAX short flight. I just posted in the other thread as well. Seems to be further cuts going on...

I had just never seen a catered tray consist of only the little dried fruit mix. Usually, the tray contains the full assortment. Seems to point to systematic reduction and not a one-off...
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
03/21/18 UA1153 SFO-BWI (red eye) A319:
Wasn't sitting in F but asked the Purser what the late night snack was. She indicated it was the pretzel burger with its side of gouda.

03/23/18 UA1148 EWR-LAX (AM) 772HD:
Breakfast:

Got the omelet (cinnamon roll not shown):

Offered 0.33 turkey wrap or 0.5 hummus sandwich. Took the wrap.

David
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:38 am
Suspended

Does anyone know what roughly United serves on IAD-DEN the dinner 787 flight? I would guess it's very similar to the EWR-DEN dinner 757 flight?

Dinner is a better meal than lunch on this route I assume?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DELee
03/21/18 UA1153 SFO-BWI (red eye) A319:
Wasn't sitting in F but asked the Purser what the late night snack was. She indicated it was the pretzel burger with its side of gouda.

03/23/18 UA1148 EWR-LAX (AM) 772HD:
Breakfast:

Got the omelet (cinnamon roll not shown):

Offered 0.33 turkey wrap or 0.5 hummus sandwich. Took the wrap.

David
There was no love lost in the plating of that omelette!
Old Mar 30, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
03/30 - 0615
DCA-IAH
Breakfast

Described as a "protein plate" (cinnamon roll not shown). Not sure why they felt the need to put useless bits of cabbage in the mix. Overall not a bad breakfast. The hot option looked decent, but I'd rather get a real breakfast at the IAH Centurion lounge.
onthesam likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by SkiUtah
Does anyone know what roughly United serves on IAD-DEN the dinner 787 flight? I would guess it's very similar to the EWR-DEN dinner 757 flight?

Dinner is a better meal than lunch on this route I assume?
i just took this flight on Monday. Choice of salad with chicken or the Jambalaya which was overdone and tasteless.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by greenpau
There was no love lost in the plating of that omelette!
The crew really mailed that one in... I didn't realize the premium transcon service was supposed to be one tray, either.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by SFO 1K

i just took this flight on Monday. Choice of salad with chicken or the Jambalaya which was overdone and tasteless.
That jambalaya is consistently the blandest meal I've ever had on CO/UA. (I think I've given it three tries hoping it would improve, but no.)
ual744777sta likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by st530
That jambalaya is consistently the blandest meal I've ever had on CO/UA. (I think I've given it three tries hoping it would improve, but no.)
Odd. The chicken and sausage one I have found to be very tasty.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EWR764
The crew really mailed that one in... I didn't realize the premium transcon service was supposed to be one tray, either.
I think breakfast is one tray and later meals are 'two-course'.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
IAH-LIR, March 24, 17.15ish on 737-900.

Choices were "pork" or "chicken." The pork was a pork chop (overdone but not quite shoe leather) with a red sauce that included cherries. It was tasty and would have been quite tasty has it not been as dry as it was. Key lime pie for dessert, which I declined but my companions said was quite good (note: said companions are small children who love anything with sugar in it). Don't recall the salad or the sides nearly a week later, but I do recall them coming through with a bread basket.

PDB offered, warm nuts and cocktails served prior to meal. The crew was very good about coming through the cabin to ensure our drinks were always full. Excellent F cabin crew all around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.