Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheFlyGuy1992

Plastic sundae cups in business class on a transcon?! Kind a sad sign of the continued downward trend in premium inflight service in the airline industry. Tho I’m thinking UA is the only airline to do this.
Have you been served a sundae in the plastic cups? They are a pretty convincing approximation of glass. And they don't contribute glass to your ice cream.

Originally Posted by TexasAggie02
4/10 DFW to EWR. Advertised as a Dinner meal (dept at 5pm). Worst “meal” I’ve had in F in a long time.
sad img
I saw that dinner and thought, did your tail come from DEN?

Yep, it came from DEN.

(flightaware)
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: united

Plastic sundae cups in business class on a transcon?! Kind a sad sign of the continued downward trend in premium inflight service in the airline industry. Tho I’m thinking UA is the only airline to do this.
The ice cream UA serves can get quite hard. I think a plastic sundae cup is a very good idea to prevent accidents with the glass

And more generally, I think meal presentation is a lot less important than meal quality. I still would have loved that steak today even if it had been served on a paper plate. I come from a region that has a lot of restaurants that feature great presentation and mediocre food, and I much prefer the converse.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Unhappy

Originally Posted by fumje

I saw that dinner and thought, did your tail come from DEN?

Yep, it came from DEN.
(flightaware)
I should have known better. Should have found dinner in the terminal before boarding.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:01 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb

Because there's nothing wrong with Cathay serving its ice cream in a paper container with no toppings.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TexasAggie02
I should have known better. Should have found dinner in the terminal before boarding.
You definitely should have known to check where your airplane was coming from and to cross reference that with which stations cater, and — to be sure — to schedule enough time for yourself to get a backup meal beforehand.

This DEN issue is pretty ridiculous.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Because there's nothing wrong with Cathay serving its ice cream in a paper container with no toppings.
I think I was given Haagen Das in a paper prepacked cup on TG F.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Because airlines like CX and LH serve high quality Haagen Dazs, instead of the no name stuff on UA.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: united
Originally Posted by zeer0
Because airlines like CX and LH serve high quality Haagen Dazs, instead of the no name stuff on UA.
That's really not fair. My sundae was delicious and with the toppings was much better than plain Haagen Dazs.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:24 am

so i'm flying tomorrow at 10:06 am from TPA to EWR. i could have sworn it said snacks earlier, but it now shows lunch. is that accurate? does united now offer lunch in FC on flights less than 3 hrs?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by omaralt
so i'm flying tomorrow at 10:06 am from TPA to EWR. i could have sworn it said snacks earlier, but it now shows lunch. is that accurate? does united now offer lunch in FC on flights less than 3 hrs?
Apparently it changed back on April 1st, although people are reporting the breakfast and lunch is pretty lame. Please report back and let us know.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
04/03/18 LAX-IAH 739 Breakfast:

04/03/18 IAH-EWR 763 (Polaris seats) Lunch:

What I ordered:

Also served:

04/06/18 IAD-IAH 763 (IPTE sCO seats) Breakfast:

David
onthesam likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
UA 1598 (15:20 Departure)
Snacks
BOS -> ORD

Offered a choice of asian salad or the cheese plate. Went with the cheese plate, which was perfect for a light snack and a big improvement (IMO) from the snack basket. Glad to see UA is improving its offerings on this route. Not a fan of the IPA though.

Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:24 am

UA 2270 tpa to ewr today. App said it was lunch but only a snack was served. Other option was a vegetarian wrap. I enjoyed it, but they need to be accurate
Originally Posted by tstauck
Apparently it changed back on April 1st, although people are reporting the breakfast and lunch is pretty lame. Please report back and let us know.
​​​​​​​
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by omaralt

UA 2270 tpa to ewr today. App said it was lunch but only a snack was served. Other option was a vegetarian wrap. I enjoyed it, but they need to be accurate

​​​​​​​
You mean the mini-wrap.
I have never seen such a crappy Snack in First as this tiny piece of wrap.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Marcin83
You mean the mini-wrap.
I have never seen such a crappy Snack in First as this tiny piece of wrap.
lol so I made the right choice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.