Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Cross Country Comfort: Introducing United Airlines’ New Transcontinental Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 31, 2017, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: blueman2
Cross Country Comfort: Introducing United Airlines' New Transcontinental Service

Premium transcontinental service EWR to/from SFOLAX and BOS to/from SFO (Boston service starting 1 July 2017)
  • Flat-bed seats with custom-designed duvet & pillow provided by Saks Fifth Avenue
  • New amenity kits featuring Soho House & Co's Cowshed Spa products
  • Featured cocktail, Moscow Mule
  • Hot towel service offered after take-off & prior to landing
  • Seasonally refreshed menus
  • Dining will be topped off with items from United Polaris' dessert menu.
  • Before arrival, snacks such as Boulder Canyon potato chips & Madik’s almonds will be served.
  • Note: These routes are not CPU eligible (with need to use RPU/GPU/Miles+copay)

Complimentary hot meal and beverage service for customers seated in Economy Plus.

Also adding United Club access before flight and after arrival, just like ps
Print Wikipost

Cross Country Comfort: Introducing United Airlines’ New Transcontinental Service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I took the 12:30am redeye from LAX-EWR last night/this am, which I suspect was the first, second or third UA flight to offer free meals in E+.

Despite it being a redeye, the FA passed out the meals during the first drink service. We had a choice of a cold chicken wrap or cold pasta salad. I took the chicken wrap. It came with a side of fruit salad and a brownie cheesecake.

The people around me were very surprised to get a free meal. The FA was impressed that I already knew.

It took a little bit of the sting out of landing #1 on the upgrade list yet again.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by SS255
It took a little bit of the sting out of landing #1 on the upgrade list yet again.
Had you applied an instrument at booking or was it later? How many got upgraded? Was the plane sUA (28J) or sCO (16J)?

David
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:19 pm

So is the name just "Pemium Transcontinental Service by United?" Or have they not yet finished branding the product? Thoughts?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by DELee
Had you applied an instrument at booking or was it later? How many got upgraded? Was the plane sUA (28J) or sCO (16J)?

David
Yes, RPU applied at booking. It was an sUA flight, and nobody was upgraded at the gate. On p.s. flights there is no way to tell who got upgraded in advance.

One person boarded when GS was called.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: AC Elite
I flew the 0600 from sfo to ewr in e+ today, we were offered Tuscan style breakfast skillet with turkey or French toast with chicken sausage, both of which actually sounded really appealing. Forgot today was the day they were rolling it out so was a pleasant surprise first thing in the morning 😊
Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ltha
I flew the 0600 from sfo to ewr in e+ today, we were offered Tuscan style breakfast skillet with turkey or French toast with chicken sausage, both of which actually sounded really appealing. Forgot today was the day they were rolling it out so was a pleasant surprise first thing in the morning 😊
thanks for the post. Sounds even better to me than most F transcon!
Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I guess I will accept the change the seating map shows 2-4-2 in first.. So I assumed
The refit added 1 seat abreast to both cabins. 2-3-2 to 2-4-2, and 3-3-3 to 3-4-3.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by mduell
The refit added 1 seat abreast to both cabins. 2-3-2 to 2-4-2, and 3-3-3 to 3-4-3.
2-4-2 in J and it's one of the most coveted upgrades in the UA system?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by wco81
Lie flat goes a long way.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wco81
3-4-3 is really bad, especially with the disco lights (poorly positioned light/FA buttons).

Also it's a good J seat from the prior generation: well padded, enough length, well placed controls and outlets, etc.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
Well, we flew LAX-EWR yesterday... and it was... a little less than "Premium".

Departure was delayed as 3 mechanics on-board trying to fix 2 problems. One mechanic was working on the IFE, which was rebooted at least twice, but never did come up.... so the flight went out with no IFE and no Wi-Fi. The other two mechanics were working on a seat in the F cabin. We pushed back 20 minutes late, but as the pilot explained, we missed our take-off spot, and had to wait an hour for a new take-off spot.

Once in flight, the FA offered Moscow Mules before the regular drink service. When meal service started, the appetizer and salad were frozen solid. Two shrimp were as hard as ice cubes. The meal service was nothing new (Flat iron steak, spiced chicken, and pasta). The dessert service was enhanced - in addition to ice cream sundaes, they had fruit and cheese and a chocolate-caramel-nut square. There was another snack offering toward the end of the flight, hummus or a turkey-cheese wrap (I passed on both).

There are a few Polaris items incorporated:
A new style amenity kit, but the items are mostly the same
Polaris style tablecloth & napkins

The FAs did an excellent job and the purser did an excellent job of inserting some levity into the situation and delay.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Phil Level
Well, we flew LAX-EWR yesterday... and it was... a little less than "Premium".

Departure was delayed as 3 mechanics on-board trying to fix 2 problems. One mechanic was working on the IFE, which was rebooted at least twice, but never did come up.... so the flight went out with no IFE and no Wi-Fi.
My last IAD-SEA had intermittent Wi-Fi and the return had no Wi-Fi and no PDE entertainment. Seems to be a trend....
Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:35 pm

No, I wouldn't call that a trend. My 6 last domestic + intl., over the last 90 days, all had fully functional PDE and WiFi.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tuolumne
No, I wouldn't call that a trend. My 6 last domestic + intl., over the last 90 days, all had fully functional PDE and WiFi.
I'v got four TCON flights over the next 2 weeks. I guess we'll see if my experience is any better.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: 1MM, UA 1k
Was on 242 (SFO-BOS) yesterday w the family in E+, and we did get fed, but was served the identical meal you get in E- on a TPAC/TATL.

They also did something i havent haven't seen before - meal before drinks, and a snack pack with the meal.

I was underwhelmed, despite the crew's positivity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.